Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MadQueenHarmony

28-inch Barbie

MadQueenHarmony

I might be very tardy to the party here, and it's probably been discussed and I just can't find it, but has anyone seen these? 28 inch Barbie

It appears they have 4 ethnicities, which is cool.  3 are out of stock, but this one is available.  I'm wondering, if anyone happens to have one or has played with one, how are they?  I know there are no ankle joints, and I don't expect much from it, but I'm considering one just as a fill-in for a character.  But if she's REALLY crappy, I won't waste the money.

I'm also wondering if there's any way to match up another head to the body (like color-match)?  Or if the head can be swapped at all.  And could she be modded to have eye-holes?

Edited by MadQueenHarmony

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

Tasuke

appears to have arms based upon the MADE TO MOVE body design, but otherwise keeping safely to the tired, stiff old BARBIE body standard, including the arched feet.

i greatly appreciate the efforts MATTEL has been making to expand/modernize their BARBIE line, but even so it is all still far too conservative to me.

i realize that doll bodies as flexible and well-proportioned as that of the OBITSU BODY 26cm. would never hold up to the constant, often-ham-handed dress up sessions most little girls probably have put their Barbies through through the ages, but still, much too little, much too late, MATTEL, at least with how i see it all...

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, Tasuke said:

i greatly appreciate the efforts MATTEL has been making to expand/modernize their BARBIE line, but even so it is all still far too conservative to me.

They have to worry about choking hazards with the age groups they market to, and the specter of lawsuits in the worlds most litigious country may limit how much Barbie is going to change. 

I think there is also an aspect of it’s Barbie, and Barbie has a unique identity (her head) that they may never change because then she wouldn’t be Barbie anymore. 

Barbie was never really my thing, but she’s such a prominent piece of Americana that I do read the occasional news piece about her. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Akito

Ok I have to reply just in case somebody is still wondering this. I have one of these with the thought of modifying, the version with non-removable shoes. The body proportions seem to be bit off as the head looks really big with the shoulders. Also whole doll is hard plastic. I have absolutely no idea is the head even possible to remove without breaking whole doll, or do any kind of modifications. This is break-your-window-with-doll kind of plastic.   

MaleficentMrsofEvil
On 4/27/2021 at 3:44 PM, Akito said:

Ok I have to reply just in case somebody is still wondering this. I have one of these with the thought of modifying, the version with non-removable shoes. The body proportions seem to be bit off as the head looks really big with the shoulders. Also whole doll is hard plastic. I have absolutely no idea is the head even possible to remove without breaking whole doll, or do any kind of modifications. This is break-your-window-with-doll kind of plastic.   

So glad I found this. I've had my eye on the Barbie Fashion Friend doll that's currently $30 at Walmart (with articulated wrists, elbows, shoulders, and removeable shoes). I was thinking of getting one and Frankensteining some knee joints for her. But if the plastic is that hard - well, it's not worth my time. Le sigh. 

Is it thin plastic, per chance? 

Akito
On 7/1/2021 at 5:15 AM, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Is it thin plastic, per chance? 

I guess the legs are hollow on the inside. But if you've ever handled Color reveal Barbies, it's that kind of hard plastic from head to the toes, just thicker (I mean the ones they sell randomly on the tubes and you have to wash paint off to see who you got). The joints and head are also as stiff to move.