Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Chisai

Stencil for customizing?

Chisai

Hello!

This may be a bit of a strange question, but has anyone ever used a stencil for Dollfie eyes when customizing?

I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to symmetry, and I started to wonder if I could print out a stencil eye shape with my cricut on non-permanent vinyl, and paint over it in a light colour to use as a guide for the next layers of colour.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Cydril

Ive been planning to do this for my next DD faceup, since I have unsteady hands. Ive been making eye shape  stencils in negative, on masking sheets so theyll stick on. I havent tested it yet but when i do I will try to post some photos.

RikunFrances

I've only done a stencil with eyebrows, and I do it by measuring the length I want it to be on the doll's face, the drawing an eyebrow the shape I want it to be within those guidelines, then cutting it out and gently taping it on the doll's face and using pastels to give a soft shape of what I want it to be. I'm sure using a cricut might be easier (?) but I don't have one of those so I gotta work with what I got. I definitely recommend using pastels or watercolours though, that way you can erase/wipe any mistakes.