Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amaryllise

Getting rid of smell on DD head

amaryllise

Hi folks,

I'm new to the world of doll collecting! I recently bought a DD head from another collector for a new doll I'm making. When I received it, she had a strong smell. Not a bad smell, but sort of like a 'human' smell I guess. Just as every person has their own distinct smell, I guess sometimes it rubs off on a doll!

I've been searching for various cleaning suggestions, but most of them tend to involve the whole body, not just a head. I know I need to be super careful around the head because I don't want to wipe her face-up. Any suggestions for what I can do to deodorize her? 

Lynn

The easiest way is baking soda. Take a plate, put a good deal of baking soda to the bottom of it, a piece of clean cloth in the middle and a doll head on top of that. Put everything in a plastic bag and close tightly. Leave it alone for a week. This treatment got rid of a bad smell from the head of my Kanu. (Her body took longer time to lose its smell.)

Edited by Lynn
  • Like 1

amaryllise

Thanks Lynn! I really appreciate the advice. I've got baking soda so I'll try it out ASAP.