Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
darkangelxix

Smart Doll Melody box opening

darkangelxix

My first ever vinyl doll! Once she is here I am going to post a huge box opening!

I took the plunge and ordered a Smart Doll Melody. She is currently being held hostage at the customs office. DHL demands that I pay them 60 euros in order to get the doll through customs. My other options are either I go at the airport myself and get it through customs or they ship the doll back! Of course the 60 euros are on top of the shipping fee that has been paid to them already and they have nothing to do with the taxes that I need to pay to the Greek government for importing the doll. It’s ransom money.

50979420427_43e9d14097_b.jpgSmart Doll order by Despoina Vourliotaki, on Flickr

Melody is finally home! As promised a huge box opening!

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Sweet sweet Melody

Edited by darkangelxix
  • Like 3

MagicantAce

I was confused when I read that customs was holding her until I realized you don't live in the US. Derp. Sometimes I take the fact that I don't have to pay customs fees for my dolls for granted..

Anyway, CONGRATS!! I remember how exciting getting my first doll was! Granted, that was a Smartdoll Cortex kit, sooo technically not vinyl? But it's considered on-topic here, so I mentioned it.

Melody's a beautiful doll, and despite the customer service crap that happens sometimes with CJ, they made genuinely nice products. Those clothing pieces should last a long time as long as you don't, like, chuck them off a moving car or something, which I have a feeling you won't do.

I've got Gaia, but I named her Harmony. Do you think you'll give your doll a new name?

• Like 1

darkangelxix
9 hours ago, MagicantAce said:

I was confused when I read that customs was holding her until I realized you don't live in the US. Derp. Sometimes I take the fact that I don't have to pay customs fees for my dolls for granted..

Anyway, CONGRATS!! I remember how exciting getting my first doll was! Granted, that was a Smartdoll Cortex kit, sooo technically not vinyl? But it's considered on-topic here, so I mentioned it.

Melody's a beautiful doll, and despite the customer service crap that happens sometimes with CJ, they made genuinely nice products. Those clothing pieces should last a long time as long as you don't, like, chuck them off a moving car or something, which I have a feeling you won't do.

I've got Gaia, but I named her Harmony. Do you think you'll give your doll a new name?

Yes, I will name her Adeline. She reminds me of a tv series character with that name. 

The custom fees and taxes is not the problem. I was fully expecting to pay those. The extra cost that DHL requires is the nasty surprise. Mr. Danny Choo paid them the shipping cost required to ship the doll to me and now they are asking money from me as well. Anyway... I cannot wait to get her a post a crazy amount of pictures, plus do a big box opening photo shoot.

BeyondTime

Congrats on your Melody. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

She's really cute and my DDDy Towa says welcome to the busty dolls club 🤩. Also she wants that Chinese style dress.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

ladyroselie

Wow she's so pretty! Your photos are great 😍 I love how versatile she is in all those different clothes, she looks amazing in all of them. Congratulations on your new addition 🎉