Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Damiensdolls

Obitsu 28cm male body confirmed!

Damiensdolls

The official Twitter account of Obitsu’s original doll line posted a teaser for a 28cm male body that matches the elevated aesthetics of the 22, 24, and 26cm female bodies!!
I had no idea something like this was in their plans, and I’ve always felt a bit silly for hoping they’d make something like this, since there seems to be a lack of male dolls in the vinyl world. But it seems they might have heard my prayers? I’m incredibly excited about this! The possibilities this will open up for 1/6 boys are very exciting!

• Like 4

Jezrah

Yesssss, bring the boys! I really love Obitsu's new 1/6 bodies, so this makes me happy. 😊

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Riesz

Those look nice! I hope they make a non-muscular version too.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

YES GOOD! I've been craving some buff boy dolls, and this is gonna be a hell of a lot more affordable than phicen/hottoys/vindolls lol.

Hoping parabox and others make some nice faces to match!

• Like 2

Tasuke

this would be just what the doctor ordered for my 20 year-old TOYNAMI "Tenchi Muyo!" Tenchi Masaki,

the only male doll i have (besides the 1991 G.I. JOE "DUKE" left over from my childhood)

but with the way the one-piece vinyl head and neck design is on these old TOYNAMI dolls is,

it would require some extensive and skillful modification to get them to interface with any other doll body

besides the horribly clunky ones they were designed around...

Konomi_and_Tenchi_3-16-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

monkeypizzasonic

And I just found out that Granado heads can go on Obitsu bodies...I might try to hold out for these if I grab some tiny heads this sales period.

• Like 1

TasiaChiba

I have been waiting literal years for this.  I am SO excited!!!!!!!  =tries to continue waiting patiently=

• Like 2

plasticyears

Forgive me if these have already been posted, but it looks like Obitsu gave us some more photos of the body! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

He definitely looks designed for realistic posing, which is very impressive. I hope they release other male bodies too, I'd love a 'cuter' looking one with more similar aesthetics to the newer girl bodies/a less muscular look overall haha. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

ebil

Wow, it looks really good! A nice compromise between the two designs of older ~27-28cm male bodies, the really jacked superhero-looking one and the a thin one whose proportions were more fashionable and "bishie" with clothes on but unfortunately had really featureless sculpting on the actual body.) For those who hadn't seen those before:

http://www.ilovesmart.com//images/id1/12495.jpg 

ragnamuffin
9 hours ago, ebil said:

"bishie"

Omg I haven’t heard that word in ages! Sorry to derail the convo but this brought me back to my high school days 🤓

• Haha 1

Melrose

I'm so happy for this announcement. I have so many boy dolls I want to create but with the lack of body options for boys in general they've all been left on the shelf unless I can find the old Volks neo-guy bodies that occasionally pop up.

• Like 1

StormyWeather

oh man- it might just be the color or the more realistic face, but he looks kinda like a super-fancy pose refrence doll. Look at how flexible he is!!

• Like 2

Epona

Ohhh, this is really exciting! Hopefully we will have a... slender, "cuter" boy body, too! I'd really love to have some cute boys to go with my cute Azone-Obitsu girls. I love the look of the current prototype but I think he would look awkward with a largely-featureless moe anime head, lol. 

• Like 1

plasticyears
9 hours ago, Epona said:

Ohhh, this is really exciting! Hopefully we will have a... slender, "cuter" boy body, too! I'd really love to have some cute boys to go with my cute Azone-Obitsu girls. I love the look of the current prototype but I think he would look awkward with a largely-featureless moe anime head, lol. 

agreed! would love a more anime stylised one, too. 

Damiensdolls

Oh definitely. Tbh when I first saw it I was just excited about getting any boy doll content at all haha, but after it was announced that the body would end up being 30cm rather than 28, I realized then that it probably wasn’t gonna work with my crew after all. The 27cm male body is already a little too big to fit in with the others. So hopefully Obitsu eventually gets the message and also makes a more anime-style-friendly boy body that can fit in with the 22/24/26cm girls!

I will probably still buy it anyways tho because the sculpt is pretty and I can just use it as a pose reference for art even if I don’t use it for dolls.

But I think there is hope for our vinyl boy dreams to manifest in the future! I feel like some companies are slowly becoming more willing to produce boy dolls lately, like Azone’s made a couple new Pure Neemo boy bodies recently, and the Dollfie Dream Kaito that was announced last October will be an awesome & much needed addition to the DD boy world.

RomyDoll

its great to have this new enhanced body for the guys as well, there is such an improvement compared to the previous male obitsus 🤩 now I just hope that they will be coming soon, its already been quite some time since they been to show pictures of it, but with the pandemic and the delays we could wait a bit longer again 😓
But for sure I'll definitely get one, and if they make new heads to go with it like the one on the prototype, it will definitely be a must have as well !

asukakanea

he look really great and I like how is knees are done. it's really appealing for me. I hope they'll make clothing because he doesn't look like he'd fit the boy clothing AZONE has for boys right now. I'm mostly interest in girls dolls, but this one has me interested.

Kazthenoodle

Omg he looks awesome!! It's been a while since I collected Obitsu so I'm out of the loop! I wonder if he can be hybrid with Taeyang / Pullip dolls?! So exciting!

Janeway

Cool and now l may have to get involved in the 1/6 obitsu. That would be cooler if they made a 45cm body  like this.

Janeway

I found this 😍 wonder when l can buy them.

FB_IMG_1676180712029.jpg

Janeway

I wonder if those heads would fit this body?

PB-HD-M_1.jpg.836cde962ad609c749b93049e768e6bc.jpg

-1525029061-1379108305.jpg

• Like 1

plasticyears
On 11/7/2023 at 5:08 AM, Janeway said:

I wonder if those heads would fit this body?

I'm not sure, but most things can be achieved with some kind of modding these days!