Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Riesz

Adding more doll-related terms

Riesz

I really like how certain terms like DD provide more info when you hover over them but it seems like some terms are missing.

This is a thread to post suggestions for more terms!

I'll start: CJ for Culture Japan

That_Dollfie_Dude

BJD for "Ball Jointed Doll" and BJDs for "Ball Jointed Dolls."

BeyondTime

Pretty sure mouseovers are something we are going to need to ask Averis to add. Let’s get a list together and then either @baldylox or I can ping him to put in the update. I’d rather not bug him a bunch of times to add things as they are suggested.  

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast

DDSB and DDB are a Must™ for this list, because even if you know most of the DD sizes, it's easy to not know these!  Also we have SD, but not MSD, YoSD, SDGrB, or SDGr.

There's also the entire rabbit-hole of "SD" ranges (SD13, SD16, SD17...) but honestly, these might be a little too redundant, since they're just centimeter specifications within the SD range.  The same could be said for the Obitsu line, as well, but I wouldn't be annoyed at seeing any of these have a mouseover for newcomers, either.

On 4/15/2021 at 1:16 PM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

BJD for "Ball Jointed Doll" and BJDs for "Ball Jointed Dolls."

BJD already has a mouseover, but adding one for plural might not be a bad choice, since they only show up when spelled exactly.

• Like 2

Kotone
40 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

DDSB and DDB are a Must™ for this list, because even if you know most of the DD sizes, it's easy to not know these!  Also we have SD, but not MSD, YoSD, SDGrB, or SDGr.

There's also the entire rabbit-hole of "SD" ranges (SD13, SD16, SD17...) but honestly, these might be a little too redundant, since they're just centimeter specifications within the SD range.  The same could be said for the Obitsu line, as well, but I wouldn't be annoyed at seeing any of these have a mouseover for newcomers, either.

BJD already has a mouseover, but adding one for plural might not be a bad choice, since they only show up when spelled exactly.

IIRC the SD10/13/16/17 names are Volks' interpretations of age. Like SD16 are supposed to represent a 16 year-old girl (as much as they don't look like it lmao)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BeyondTime
59 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

but honestly, these might be a little too redundant, since they're just centimeter specifications within the SD range.

Not sure that’s correct unless it’s a bit more complicated than the size of the doll. SD16 are 63 cm. I am under the impression that it is rough age for the dolls look.

We talk about SD enough in on topic threads to make including the models worthwhile IMO. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, Kotone said:

IIRC the SD10/13/16/17 names are Volks' interpretations of age. Like SD16 are supposed to represent a 16 year-old girl (as much as they don't look like it lmao)

44 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Not sure that’s correct unless it’s a bit more complicated than the size of the doll. SD16 are 63 cm. I am under the impression that it is rough age for the dolls look.

We talk about SD enough in on topic threads to make including the models worthwhile IMO. 

That makes sense, then!  Honestly, even after over ten years in the BJD hobby, I never really looked into the number differences, since I was never that into the SD sizes.  I just knew the different numbers seemed to determine different sizes in some way lmao so my description there was definitely off~

baldylox
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Pretty sure mouseovers are something we are going to need to ask Averis to add. Let’s get a list together and then either @baldylox or I can ping him to put in the update. I’d rather not bug him a bunch of times to add things as they are suggested.  

Yeah that is definitely way out of my league!  I have no idea how to do these kinds of things so we'll have to do as Beyondtime says and get a list of things together and message Averis with it so he can add them to the list.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Yeah that is definitely way out of my league!  I have no idea how to do these kinds of things so we'll have to do as Beyondtime says and get a list of things together and message Averis with it so he can add them to the list.

Billy

It’s possible it’s in a config file or implemented through an add on. I didn’t see it in the forums docs, but I didn’t look that hard. 

monkeypizzasonic

Are there any abbreviations for Obitsu/Azone/other vinyl dolls that could be added as well? I think I've seen OB11 and such for the smaller ones, do people use like OB50 or OB48 for the bigger sizes?

Misuka

OB 50 is used, Azone I've never seen any commonly used abbreviations.

A distinction between DDS and DDs could be neat though I'm not sure if it would affect the search function at all. That's my biggest beef with it lol.

AzDoll123

This is actually a nifty feature!

Off the top of my head, for Azone at least, AZO2 is the name of one of the body types (not sure if it's something worth including for this though, because it'd be like including VMF50, something like including AP for Angel Philia makes more sense to me).

Maybe abbreviations for retailers/online sellers can be included? For example, YJA for Yahoo Japan Auctions.

• Like 1