Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamoron

Commission Advice

Cinnamoron

I recently commissioned someone for a custom outfit; communication with the seamstress was great and the final result was beautiful. We had agreed at the time of the commission that the seamstress would line the outfit as it would be for one of my girls. 

Fast forward and I recently received my commission!  However, upon opening the package I discovered the seamstress didn’t line the outfit at all. 😭  It’s an outfit that is a very dark color and has open sections where I didn’t really want to have a body stocking underneath because it would be visible. This was the main reason I had requested lining. 

I feel like I should say something, but at the same time I’m not sure what could be done at this point.  I don’t want to be an ungrateful commissioner; the work has been done and the seamstress is also too far away for me to just send it back.  They had also sent me photos before shipping but I didn’t notice the missing lining in my excitement for the finished product.  So it is maybe my fault for not being attentive. 😟

What is the best, most polite way to handle this?  I don’t want to be rude, but I also wish that the lining had been included as promised. What would you guys do? 

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, Cinnamoron said:

What is the best, most polite way to handle this?  I don’t want to be rude, but I also wish that the lining had been included as promised. What would you guys do? 

You could ask why a lining wasn’t included. As long as you have records of communications where a lining was requested there shouldn’t be any issues with asking why the work wasn’t completed as requested. Frankly they should have told you, but it doesn’t make sense to burn bridges needlessly by being aggressive. Just make a polite inquiry.

As far as body stockings go, Cootcats has a lot of options for stockings that cover specific areas instead of the entire doll. You could have a Volks body stocking modified to fit by someone too. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast

I second BeyondTime's sentiment.  Let your seamstress know that you made a mistake by not noticing it sooner, but that you did discuss inserting lining for the dress.  I'm sure it was something that just genuinely slipped their mind, especially if they don't normally line their pieces.

"Hey!  I'm so sorry I didn't notice in the photos, but I realised the dress was never lined like we discussed!  I don't want to trouble you through having to send it back and reworking the dress to insert the lining; would you be okay with agreeing to a partial refund for the mix up?"

Cinnamoron

Thank you guys for the advice.  @OccultBeast that’s a really good response!  Gonna try to write back to them and at least let them know.

Perhaps I’ll buckle down and order one of those newer stockings Volks came out with, since it might be less intrusive. It’s probably the best solution at this point. 

• Like 2

abs2891
1 hour ago, Cinnamoron said:

Perhaps I’ll buckle down and order one of those newer stockings Volks came out with, since it might be less intrusive. It’s probably the best solution at this point. 

On this point, I recently switched my Miku from an old Miku stocking with snaps to the new stocking with the zipper and it is much less noticeable and a lot slimmer (if more delicate, lots of careful tugging when putting it on) both she and the boy doll have them on here, while the mdd is in an old  version DDP stocking bc I made a mistake and haven’t fixed it yet🤦‍♀️ also, the boy body with just the stocking, so a little nsfw, is here: https://flic.kr/p/2kUxpoH

spacer.png

this is a pic of Miku in the old stocking, the biggest differences to me are at the neck and wrists which in the new one don’t have seams and can be tucked away to be less noticeable.  Neck is also longer, going all the way to the base of the head.  There generally is less bunching bc the fabric is a different type that is thinner (though I forgot to smooth some out above)

spacer.png

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

Cinnamoron

@abs2891 Thanks for the comparison!  Yeah, the neck and arms look way better on the new stocking.  

I went ahead and ordered one and already feel much better about the situation!  

• Like 1