Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

sinclair

Changing the bust on a DDP

sinclair

For some reason up to now Volks has yet to offer any bust 'upgrades' for the DDP. There has been some traffic in Facebook groups asking, and I have learned that it is possible to put a MDD bust on the DDP body, but there is drawbacks. The MDD bust is narrower then the DDP, so there is an air gap around the shoulders. This isn't an issue unless she's sleeveless. So I got to thinking, Volks sells the upper MDD frame. Is it possible to swap the upper DDP frame with the MDD frame? Would this even work? Has anyone got f-3 DDP and MDD to try this? Or will I have to buy the parts myself to try this?

Jezrah

I have one of each body! I tried out the MDD bits on the DDP body, and as you said there are gaps at the shoulders when you put the arms on. But unfortunately you can't use the MDD's upper torso frame with the DDP's lower torso frame. The DDP connection peg is thicker and has a snap ring on it, whereas the MDD connection peg is thinner and smooth. If you try to insert the MDD part, the peg is too small and it will just immediately fall back out. Here's a comparison of the two parts:

20210511_002834

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

sinclair

Oh, thanks for this info.  Now the next question, is the 'ball' the same size on the top of each peg?  In other words, can you removed the screw and swap that part between the two upper torsos? Judging from the photo it looks like the ball part on the MMD is smaller then the DDP, which means you can't swap the peg part.  This looks like it could be something for aftermarket to make, a new peg part that has the ball size of the MMD and the peg of the DDP so you can use the rest of the upper torso of a MDD and MDD bust on a DDP body.  Thanks again for looking into this.

Jezrah

I had some time to compare the inner frames again, and I don't think it'll work, though I'd didn't get them all the way apart to find out. As far as I could tell, once you take the screw out of the bottom ball joint it's still held in there by tension, and I didn't see a way to take it apart any further, so I stopped there since I didn't actually want the piece out. 

I don't have a caliper or anything fancy, but eyeballing the bottom ball joints with a measuring tape, they appear to be about 1/16 inch different, which will probably mess up the tension if you try to switch them.

If you must have a different bust size for a DDP, I would suggest just using an Obitsu 50 or AP bust in Whitey. It won't be an exact color match, but you can get away with it. I generally prefer to match ot to NS, but others prefer to match it to SWS. I double checked the fit of a spare Obitsu 50 bust I had, and it works fine with no gapping.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

HK47

Do you think Volks will ever make different sizes like they have for the other dolls?

Or does one need to get a Obitsu 50 , Angel Philia bust.

I have seen some silicone ones that fit Obitsu 50,( they are not peach pai) but the person who makes them doesn't ship outside of japan.

foo
29 minutes ago, HK47 said:

Do you think Volks will ever make different sizes like they have for the other dolls?

Yes, but we've been waiting a long time. Volks has numbers of how my DDPs they've sold, so they have an idea of how many option parts they could sell, and it's probably not worth the effort yet. My guess is they're waiting for another driver of DDP products (there was the original pre-order project, and then the Ribbon/Coron standard models) before they start making a lot of option parts.

Monty

I was hoping that if there's finally another licensed character that uses a DDP body and needs a bigger bust, they would make the part and then eventually sell those parts separate. But there still hasn't been one...
I've also been waiting on hands since 2017. It's the lack of hands more than the lack of clothes that prevent me from wanting a DDP, because I love option hands. I really don't understand why the size would be unpopular other than the lack of clothes and parts, so if that's true it's like some kind of oroboros...

Tierparkzone
On 7/8/2021 at 7:40 PM, Monty said:

It's the lack of hands more than the lack of clothes that prevent me from wanting a DDP, because I love option hands.

If your DDP is Flesh skin and you have some Milk skin SmD hands lying around, these actually go fairly well together - both in regards to relative size and fitting onto the wrist peg:

b6ecd5256eb874cf63a3667723cd30ea.jpg

82cdea2768f929222353627d8cda9233.jpg

Edited by Tierparkzone

Meowjima
20 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

If your DDP is Flesh skin and you have some Milk skin SmD hands lying around, these actually go fairly well together - both in regards to relative size and fitting onto the wrist peg:

Hmm.  I wonder if the Doll Delight adapters would work on the DDPs?  Or if they're small enough to fit without them.  The Doll Delights 'milk' hands are really nice.

chef_mai

This topic came up in a chat, and I wanted to offer my take on why Volks has been hesitant to offer larger busts on the DDP

As far as I can tell, all the Volks clothing that fits the DDP is designed for the MDD. Some of it fits nicely while some fits snugly.

Based on my own experiences trying to fit my Obitsu in them, a lot of these clothes would no longer fit a theoretical DDP medium bust, so they'd have some obligation to make a line of DDP-specific clothing. A DDP-specific line of clothing would be great especially as Azone has all but abandoned making non-AZO2 50cm clothing now, but perhaps the sales numbers aren't there yet to support it.

BeyondTime
On 7/8/2021 at 4:22 AM, Tierparkzone said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Both great styles for Iori, and she looks great with black hair. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction