Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Weltfremd

Do you upgrade your Doll's Bodies?

Maia

I love the dddy curves too they look so beautiful.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
2 hours ago, baldylox said:

They called Yoko's bust the "natural" bust for some reason.  Maybe due to the shape but at the time she was the only one with it due to Gainax being very protective of her character and how she was portrayed.  The story goes she has no nips because of her age in the anime being 15 and they didn't want her to have them.  Why I have no idea since she already h as an outrageously shaped body for someone that age.  😉   But hey, Volks does what they do.

I think 'natural' is a fitting name for it, especially if they were trying to use something very non-sexual.  I think I like it more than the standard because the shape is so natural, too, so it's especially applicable.  Yoko's lower torso part also lacks some detailing in the crotch area compared to the standard one, which you would assume they would only change to completely remove any chance of sexual intentions.  Granted, DD crotches are very minimally detailed in the first place, but if they're going to remove her nips, it only makes sense that they'd remove all details.  Not that it probably stopped anyone who wanted to sexualize her anyway, but that's a completely different story.

• Like 1

Shamrock

I don't know if I would upgrade my dolls' bodies unless under extreme circumstances (i.e. breakage).  Tanned bodies are hard to find vs the standard colors Volks sells.  I am hoping when I get my MDD in tanned Volks will have a M-size body or at least an M-size bust because I don't care for the S-size chest.

Edited by Shamrock
fixed punctuation

Chiakisenpai

I upgraded my DDIII to an F3 body and found myself actually missing the III body so I went back (I guess I'm a little bit of a weirdo!).

For my new DD I plan on sticking with the F3 because it does seem sturdier in the long run of things. I can't justify spending $400 on an F3 body anytime soon though, for now I continuously swap heads of my dolls onto the body I have. 

ChrisFhey
54 minutes ago, Chiakisenpai said:

I upgraded my DDIII to an F3 body and found myself actually missing the III body so I went back (I guess I'm a little bit of a weirdo!).

For my new DD I plan on sticking with the F3 because it does seem sturdier in the long run of things. I can't justify spending $400 on an F3 body anytime soon though, for now I continuously swap heads of my dolls onto the body I have. 

What about the F3 did you dislike that made you switch back to the III?

Lina

Personally, the big draw for me was the wrist joints.

While it had said on the US website that the wrist joints were compatible with the old frame, this wasn't my experience. There is a slightly raised portion on the f3 wrist peg that isn't present on the DD3.

I modded the wrist peg by sanding it smooth and level, and now my girl has beautiful swivel joints.

I've debated a few times upgrading her to the f3 as well, but it's very much in the "maybe someday" category, as there isn't a tremendous difference to me outside the wrist joints which I already have now. And there's nothing wrong with her current body that warrants replacing the whole thing.

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, Lina said:

While it had said on the US website that the wrist joints were compatible with the old frame, this wasn't my experience. There is a slightly raised portion on the f3 wrist peg that isn't present on the DD3.

That's weird, I bought a pair of f3 wrists for my DDIII and they fit just fine!  I've found that sometimes you have to slightly modify wrist pegs even if they're for the same body type (ie: f3 wrists with f3 body); they can easily be just a little too tight or just a little too loose.

Lina
2 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

That's weird, I bought a pair of f3 wrists for my DDIII and they fit just fine!  I've found that sometimes you have to slightly modify wrist pegs even if they're for the same body type (ie: f3 wrists with f3 body); they can easily be just a little too tight or just a little too loose.

That's so strange! I couldn't even get them more than halfway end, they stopped right at the part that was raised and it was impossible to go further and extremely hard to get them back out when I tried! I didn't know it was a common issue with wrist pegs though.

BeyondTime
55 minutes ago, Lina said:

That's so strange! I couldn't even get them more than halfway end, they stopped right at the part that was raised and it was impossible to go further and extremely hard to get them back out when I tried! I didn't know it was a common issue with wrist pegs though.

I’ve generally found that f3 wrists don’t fit my DDIII bodies. One difference with f3 is the adjustment screws, so if the wrist plastic is a bit large Volks can just turn the screw out a bit. The DDIII requires modifying the wrist peg. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Chiakisenpai
5 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

What about the F3 did you dislike that made you switch back to the III?

the wrists and joints felt so strange to move around, meanwhile it felt a ton easier to pose the III body for my photography 

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, Lina said:

Truly strange.  Perhaps it's just down to small variations in production.  The posts on mine definitely have that little spot where it should be raised more, but they're not really all that much.  One of them is a little snug, and I considered sanding it down, but I can live with one that absolutely will not fall out.

37 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I’ve generally found that f3 wrists don’t fit my DDIII bodies. One difference with f3 is the adjustment screws, so if the wrist plastic is a bit large Volks can just turn the screw out a bit. The DDIII requires modifying the wrist peg. 

Perhaps I just got incredibly lucky...  Maybe my Miku-chan was determined to have expressive hands, no matter the cost.
Also omg, I completely forgot that the f3 has a wrist screw, and have just been living with one of my MDD hands being super loose! 🤡

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

and have just been living with one of my MDD hands being super loose!

Dunno if the MDD has them. The DDP had arms that are really narrow so they did snap in place parts for those. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
Just now, BeyondTime said:

Dunno if the MDD has them. The DDP had arms that are really narrow so they did snap in place parts for those. 

I checked the MDD How to Handle page and luckily they do!  I adjusted most of my MDD screws when I first got her, but forgot about her arms, because her shoulders and elbows held poses just fine so I didn't consider adjustments at all.

AyaToyBox

we all will Have no choice but to upgrade them eventually since many DDIII parts seems no longer restocked, also I believe old doll price plummeted because they are using the old bodies..  old bodies are worthless too i last time on Yaj dd2 are sold for less than 10k yen and dd3 barely reach 20k these days

Emil

I considered upgrading mine, but both of my flesh tone girls on DDIIIs are noticeably paler than my f3 flesh tone body- I'm pretty sure Miko is either yellowed or might've been a weird batch, and Asuna is very white compared to the pink-ish f3 body I have (though she'll still be getting an f3 body, only for the sake of getting a DDdy). I'm not sure about my SWS girl because I have no one to compare her to, but I'll find out when I get some hands for her 😅 I have no idea how old she is... 

I'm very picky about skintone mismatching though, moreso than many other collectors I've met. I also stay away from resin hybrids for the same reason, haha. For now I'm just very cautious with my DDIII girls (though I'm still cautious with my f3 anyway) 😄

I imagine the only girls I "upgrade" will just be changing to different body types, ex. swapping a DDS to DDdy.

Edited by barasuishou
clarification

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Emil
On 5/21/2021 at 5:06 PM, baldylox said:

Why I have no idea since she already h as an outrageously shaped body for someone that age.  😉

I'm sorry to pull up an older comment and maybe going a bit off-topic, but this really bothers me to see. I'm a girl who's been curvy since I was pretty young (by the time I was 10 I was already a B cup with noticeable hips) and this comment comes across as very gross... I'm not sure if there's possibly a language barrier or misunderstanding in the language here, but it's quite gross to say about a character who's supposed to be 14 or 15. 

• Like 2

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime

I had to look up the character, but I don’t think Yoko has a figure that is exaggerated for an anime character. She’s curvy, but I knew lots of girls with similar figures in high school and even a few in junior high. 

That said, she’s an anime character so I don’t think she should really be seen as completely analogous to the human form. I mean, she is 2D artwork for one thing, and anime characters tend to have waistlines that I’m pretty sure represent a perfect ideal from a Japanese standpoint. When I was in Japan the business uniforms I saw women wearing made their waists looks really really tiny, so I get the impression that’s perceived as attractive over there. 

• Like 2

Dollvari

Definitely😆 I find it unavoidable while getting bodies for my floating heads, repairs and upgrades. With the influx of newer bodies, I’m always moving and swapping stuff around. This works pretty well for me, since I like to change some of my girl's default bodies for other sizes. Have been focusing on DD-f3 now, only getting DD3 & DD2 as needed. I was caught off guard when Volks discontinued the DD3 parts, trying not to make the same mistake with DD-f3.    

battrastard

My reasons are of a somewhat "practical" nature: 

Allie and Meg, (Santa Alter, Saber Alter V2)  being "White Skin", means there's no real way to find extra/alternate hands for them, at. all. Literally.

So, I'm looking at getting SWS f3 bodies for them, just need to have their heads "tinted/blushed" to match the SWS.

And, having my first SWS girl, now, (Skadi/Caster) means I need to buy ALL the hands I can get in SWS... @onion22@

• Haha 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

CeliathePikachu
On 5/14/2021 at 2:30 AM, finnleo said:

the second hand DD3 body market at least based on mandarake hasnt been that appealing to me personally. at least nothing I've seen there is a huge bargain. for instance an obvious ex Kos-Mos DD3-L bust body with heavy stains caused by the leg and arm stockings going for 25k yen, which seems to be the starting price for anything.

I personally dont have a perference towards the F3, infact both examples of the fourth gen bodies have been a bit of a nuisance for me at first, but now Id make a recomendation of saving up for a f3, and wouldnt have to worry about the possible cracking issues -- the hips arent a biggie as F3 legs (at least on DDS size) sort of work on a DD3, but the upper frame is not interchangeable between the two, and the F3 arms if the DD3 elbows crack (which is a issue i've found in practice) dont fit directly and need something to make the peg a big bigger (Classic Scotch-tape, heat shrink, or maybe make a groove for a O-ring ?)

There are repair/reinforcement parts available, but that narrows the gap between the two choises in terms of price.

As far as my own little thoughts on the subject...:

The only upgrade I've done intentionally was getting a S-bust yui hirasawa body when they were an exclusive thing to upgrade my Nagato with (though now the correct current available body probably is a M-bust DDS, but anyways...), other than that there hasnt been much urge to get the latest shiny, even back when I did have the funds for it (which I now dont ... but quality of life choises)

What photo sets I do, I've found very little practical differences between the generations I have (lacking a stringed DD1 for actual stringed reference), though maybe the DD2 with the firm-locked hips makes upright sitting poses a bit more of a chore... hence my tendacy for Rude-boy layed back sitting poses. Visual things are a thing, the shoulder fake ball, and when using the DD2's double hinged elbows and kneas that are normally tucked away the gaps a re a bit jarring, but on fully clothed sets these shouldnt be an issue.

I mean the DD2's wrists can be modded for rotation (the DD3's cant, but you can buy upgrade bigs that do rotate), and then you are at this point:

46372107522_a876a5e02f_c.jpg

junior022

But that said, the F3 does have quality of life improvements over the DD3 in the form of the more durable shoulders and hips ... though they seem to cause their own share of initial conundrums.

I need to know how the wrist mod is done. All my girls are on the DD2 body, so it would be great to get a new dimension of moveablity

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

puxlavoix
12 hours ago, CeliathePikachu said:

I need to know how the wrist mod is done. All my girls are on the DD2 body, so it would be great to get a new dimension of moveablity

It's very easy indeed, it will take you no more than a few minutes. Here are some pics i took back when i did it, it all comes to replacing the DDII fixed wrist with the rotating one at the ball joint. The ball joint itself is the same in both DDII and f3.  You have to bend it all the way inwards towards the dents in both pieces and wiggle it out to take all the rotating part with it, then just do the same with the other wrist and replace it in the DDIi wrist part that goes into the forearm. The pics will explain it better:

20211123_235022.jpg.f0c198f6cdb9baa81185cde15c04a176.jpg

DDII and f3 side by side w/o any mod

20211123_235058.jpg.fdb281e096b276996071286fe4785f76.jpg

here you can see the rotating wrist but also shows you can't just remove the wrist by itself20211123_235139.jpg.ea86ba92b87a85cf13fe245ec98ab7da.jpg

Here's both joints with the part that goes into the forearm removed. What you have to do is insert the f3 wrist into the DDII ball joint. The 'tricky' part is that it sometimes fix a little lose so you'll have to use a drop of crazy glue to make it less floppy. Also the DDII internal forearm isn't as deep and thick as the f3 so that's why you can't just insert the whole f3 wrist. 

20211123_235226.jpg.5ee467766a3b4226c45a4972ac8044e9.jpg

Lastly here's the finished DDIi joint with the rotating f3 wrist and voila! Now your DDII girls have full rotating hands!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

finnleo
13 hours ago, CeliathePikachu said:

I need to know how the wrist mod is done.

The in period Wersaze (or however you type the other silicone bust maker) mod that i've done is a fair bit more invasive and requires power tools to a degree, since there is a easier way thats probably the route to go with now. ... although the old way you can adjust the tightness of the rotation.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

puxlavoix

Just upgraded Lily's body to a brand new DDIII-2? (the last one anyway, not f3). Didn’t think would ever do it but if one of the girls deserves its her so yeah why the hell not! Not because I think her older body was in any way limiting her character or personality just thought about doing a great thing for her. 

• Like 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Myaje

I absolutely upgrade my dolls!  I bought a tan Wersaze body for my ancient Kanu Unchyou. But for the life of me I can’t figure out how to attach her arms. Unlike the ADYKA bodies, that have cups to slide the arm pegs into, the Wersaze frame has a flat piece of metal, like they forgot to attach the arm brackets. And I’ve tried finding instructions, or a tutorial online, to no avail. Can anyone help me?