Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
nyampo

Hi there.

nyampo

Hi everyone. 

I'm not exactly new here I made an account in 2015 (I think) and completely forgot about until now.

I've been a doll owner since 2011 but mostly collected resin dolls until I started to become more interested in Dollfie Dream and other non resin dolls.

Currently saving up for a doll and I hope to be more active around here. 

• Like 3

ChrisFhey

Hello Nyampo,

Welcome to being active on the forum!

Looking forward to seeing your dolls on here. :3

nyampo

Hi It's gonna take a while before I can finally buy my first doll. But in the meantime I can collect some information here I guess. And get to know people better.

I'm also from Belgium btw : D

• Like 1

Milk

Still a very warm welcome to you. Do you already have a specific sculpt in mind or are you saving first and deciding later?

Edited by Hymn

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

ChrisFhey
4 hours ago, nyampo said:

Hi It's gonna take a while before I can finally buy my first doll. But in the meantime I can collect some information here I guess. And get to know people better.

Oh! A fellow Belgian! Splendid. 😄

Where in Belgium are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm from Genk.

And yes, I get that. It takes quite a bit of time and research to figure out which doll you want to get. They're not exacly cheap, so you want to make sure you got one you really like. :3

nyampo
On 5/14/2021 at 3:56 PM, Hymn said:

Still a very warm welcome to you. Do you already have a specific sculpt in mind or are you saving first and deciding later?

Thanks. I did have a couple of sculpts that I like but they're pretty much out of my budget. So I'll see what I can save up and decide later.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:36 PM, ChrisFhey said:

Oh! A fellow Belgian! Splendid. 😄

Where in Belgium are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm from Genk.

And yes, I get that. It takes quite a bit of time and research to figure out which doll you want to get. They're not exacly cheap, so you want to make sure you got one you really like. :3

Yay!  I'm from Diest.

Yeah I know. I did a ton of searching and I think I have a pretty solid idea of what I like. 

• Like 1

ChrisFhey

I've a couple friends who live relatively close to Diest, but I've never been to Diest myself. :3

Either way, good luck with getting the doll(s) you want. Hopefully you'll be able to get them soon!

• Like 1

CaraOReilly
On 5/14/2021 at 5:54 AM, nyampo said:

Welcome! I was there for a long time myself. I just recently got my first Azone doll (as a Dollfie Dream or Smart Doll are still out of my price range). My entry to BJDs started off by unknowingly buying a recast.

AZONE IRIS COLLECT SUMIRE: CARA O'REILLY

nyampo
25 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

I've a couple friends who live relatively close to Diest, but I've never been to Diest myself. :3

Either way, good luck with getting the doll(s) you want. Hopefully you'll be able to get them soon!

Really? Diest is pretty small and has some nice places to take pictures. Thanks. Once I'll get them I'll post some pictures. 

11 minutes ago, CaraOReilly said:

Welcome! I was there for a long time myself. I just recently got my first Azone doll (as a Dollfie Dream or Smart Doll are still out of my price range). My entry to BJDs started off by unknowingly buying a recast.

Hi. Azone Dolls are super cute. I'm not allowed to spend as much as I did when I was in the bjd community. But that won't stop me xD Oh I see. My first resin bjd was a Kid Delf Ttori. Can I ask where you bought the doll from?

CaraOReilly

I got her "used" from Mandarake. But, she was basically brand new and either just sat in her box since her release in 2018 or was a display I think. Annyway she is near perfect with only a very small amount of discoloration on her feet and one super tiny stain dot on the inner thigh. Mandarake is a Japanese hobby shop that sells all sorts of collectables to include dolls. If you don't mind the used market it is a good place to check and save some money. 

nyampo
Just now, CaraOReilly said:

I got her "used" from Mandarake. But, she was basically brand new and either just sat in her box since her release in 2018 or was a display I think. Annyway she is near perfect with only a very small amount of discoloration on her feet and one super tiny stain dot on the inner thigh. Mandarake is a Japanese hobby shop that sells all sorts of collectables to include dolls. If you don't mind the used market it is a good place to check and save some money. 

Oh I know about Mandarake. I went to their store during my trip to Japan. I only bought some manga there since I wasn't to sure about dolls. 

CaraOReilly
Just now, nyampo said:

Oh I know about Mandarake. I went to their store during my trip to Japan. I only bought some manga there since I wasn't to sure about dolls. 

I definitely have no complaints about my purchase through them and recommend it for those looking to save a bit on a doll purchase.

Also, I'm a bit jealous, I want to go to Japan so bad, but that is way out of the amount I can spend on anything right now! 😩

miraclelovely

welcome! i started with resin dolls too, but vinyl ones are so worth it! i hope you're able to find your dream sculpts for a good price ^^ i know Mandarake was mentioned before, but it really is the greatest LOL

ChrisFhey
6 hours ago, nyampo said:

Really? Diest is pretty small and has some nice places to take pictures. Thanks. Once I'll get them I'll post some pictures. 

Heh, that’s quite nice. 😄

I wish I was brave enough to take my doll out for photos, but I can’t say I trust people in Genk to be nice about it, and I half expect to run into trouble for carrying a doll around. ☹️

nyampo
7 hours ago, miraclelovely said:

welcome! i started with resin dolls too, but vinyl ones are so worth it! i hope you're able to find your dream sculpts for a good price ^^ i know Mandarake was mentioned before, but it really is the greatest LOL

Thanks. Yeah the staff there is great from what I remember.  xD It might take me a year to get the money but I know I'll get there.

2 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

Heh, that’s quite nice. 😄

I wish I was brave enough to take my doll out for photos, but I can’t say I trust people in Genk to be nice about it, and I half expect to run into trouble for carrying a doll around. ☹️

I actually had a nice encounter with a dad and his daughter while taking photos in the park. Yeah I carried them all through town and didn't get any looks from people. 

• Like 1

CaraOReilly
On 5/15/2021 at 11:12 PM, nyampo said:

I actually had a nice encounter with a dad and his daughter while taking photos in the park. Yeah I carried them all through town and didn't get any looks from people. 

I just wonder what the people here in the southern part of the US would say when a guy is walking around carrying a cute little doll with him and taking photos, that's what makes me a bit apprehensive about going to overly public places. I feel like other countries are more accepting and even other places in the US even just probably not here.

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, CaraOReilly said:

I just wonder what the people here in the southern part of the US would say when a guy is walking around carrying a cute little doll with him and taking photos, that's what makes me a bit apprehensive about going to overly public places. I feel like other countries are more accepting and even other places in the US even just probably not here.

I would worry about that in any part of the US. For example, Cali has a more tolerant culture than many places, but we have a lot of gang activity in certain areas too. Oddly enough, we also have a lot of Nazi groups in Cali. 

I think it really boils down to a judgement call about the area you are in, and the people who are present. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

nyampo
7 hours ago, CaraOReilly said:

I wouldn't know because I've never taken my dolls that far and well I'm a woman so I guess they thought the doll was my daughter's or something. 

ChrisFhey
3 hours ago, nyampo said:

I'm a woman

As sexist as it sounds, I suppose that also makes a huge difference in perception for outsiders. A woman with a doll is probably going to be less of an issue than a man with a doll, because for some reason society believes that men should not be doing that.

• Like 1

Singer Yuna
On 5/21/2021 at 8:45 AM, ChrisFhey said:

A woman with a doll is probably going to be less of an issue than a man with a doll,

My friend and I (both women) were in a park photographying DDs and got praised by eldery women saying it was clever for us not having children but dolls as dolls can’t talk back.

Welcome to all of you, enjoy the vinyl community ^^

• Confused 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

nyampo
54 minutes ago, Singer Yuna said:

My friend and I (both women) were in a park photographying DDs and got praised by eldery women saying it was clever for us not having children but dolls as dolls can’t talk back.

That's actually pretty normal compared to my experience. The dad told his daughter that my doll (a Delf Soony) looked like an elf. 

Thanks for the warm welcome ^^

ChrisFhey
1 hour ago, Singer Yuna said:

Hahaha. I'll be the first to admit that I'd rather have dolls than actual children. 😄

CaraOReilly
16 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

Hahaha. I'll be the first to admit that I'd rather have dolls than actual children. 😄

I like my doll hobby, but I'm definitely the opposite of that. My wife and I want to be parents, we are working on being foster parents as natural means aren't an option and adoption is far too expensive.

ChrisFhey
7 minutes ago, CaraOReilly said:

I like my doll hobby, but I'm definitely the opposite of that. My wife and I want to be parents, we are working on being foster parents as natural means aren't an option and adoption is far too expensive.

That's fair. I hope it'll work out for you in the end. :3

• Like 1