Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Griff

Finally joining into the community

Griff

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to the doll collecting scene. I made one post about Dollfie Dream Meiko and disappeared following. Mostly lurked the forums and didn't really know what to do or say with everyone posting.

So I'm making a post here, hopefully trying to see if I can actually get a better feel for the community vibe here.

To start, I'm a huge Vocaloid fan. I bought the Hatsune Miku Dollfie a little under a year ago, I think!? (July to be exact). My girlfriend got me into the BJD rabbit hole and I've been hooked on it since. I mean, I was pretty much sold when I was told, "hey, you know, you can buy a Miku doll, and you can dress her up in cute clothes!"

So here I am. Not sure what else to put here but I'm always pretty chatty. Would love to know how to get more involved in this community. Thanks!

• Like 5

Mega Negi

high five!

I got into this because of Miku, too.

• Like 1

Griff
38 minutes ago, Mega Negi said:

high five!

I got into this because of Miku, too.

My girlfriend uses this forum and I've learned of you through osmosis. Your Miku is very cute.
Once I can post photos I'm hoping I can share both Miku and Akira, the sisterly duo!

moerunamida

Welcome! I'm not a Vocaloid fan, but alas I have Sakura Miku and Meiko on preorder. 😄 Falling down the rabbit hole is fun!

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

OccultBeast
2 hours ago, SleepoBeepo said:

To start, I'm a huge Vocaloid fan. I bought the Hatsune Miku Dollfie a little under a year ago, I think!? (July to be exact).

Same here, too!  I bought my Miku a year ago almost exactly, last May!  Welcome~!

Did you end up ordering yourself a Meiko?  I'm also praying for a Kaito announcement, and a rerelease of the Kagamine twins.  Do you plan to collect them all?  There was a point at which I thought I wouldn't, but I'm committed to owning the twins if I can one day, and Kaito also, so I won't count myself out from owning Luka and Meiko too, at that point lmao

• Like 1

Griff
3 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

Same here, too!  I bought my Miku a year ago almost exactly, last May!  Welcome~!

Did you end up ordering yourself a Meiko?  I'm also praying for a Kaito announcement, and a rerelease of the Kagamine twins.  Do you plan to collect them all?  There was a point at which I thought I wouldn't, but I'm committed to owning the twins if I can one day, and Kaito also, so I won't count myself out from owning Luka and Meiko too, at that point lmao

Yeah, I preordered Meiko the first day, actually! I'm hoping on Kaito arriving because I'm a big KaiMei shipper, and I need to get them together for cute photos (and other cute things). Hopefully they announce him eventually.

• Like 2

ChrisFhey
2 hours ago, SleepoBeepo said:

"hey, you know, you can buy a Miku doll, and you can dress her up in cute clothes!"

What better reason do you need, right? 😄

I got close to buying a Miku myself back in the day, but had to give up on the idea due to financial reasons at the time.
Perhaps I'll have another stab at it in the future.

Anyway, welcome to the board!
It's a good rabbit hole to have fallen into. :3

• Like 1

Griff
2 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

What better reason do you need, right? 😄

I got close to buying a Miku myself back in the day, but had to give up on the idea due to financial reasons at the time.
Perhaps I'll have another stab at it in the future.

Anyway, welcome to the board!
It's a good rabbit hole to have fallen into. :3

I've already sunk like $6k into Miku Merch that I feel like this was inevitable, frankly.

Mega Negi
1 hour ago, SleepoBeepo said:

I've already sunk like $6k into Miku Merch that I feel like this was inevitable, frankly.

Once I got into the dollfie life, my merch spending shifted considerably and almost all of my purchases have been doll related. I spend way more on the dolls than I do for myself. TBH, I don't have enough room for more figures or plushes and I have too many Miku tshirts that many of them haven't been worn yet.

CaraOReilly

Welcome! I'm not really that into Vocaloid, but I listen to it because my wife is a huge fan. Anyway, this is a great community.

AZONE IRIS COLLECT SUMIRE: CARA O'REILLY

Griff
2 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

Once I got into the dollfie life, my merch spending shifted considerably and almost all of my purchases have been doll related. I spend way more on the dolls than I do for myself. TBH, I don't have enough room for more figures or plushes and I have too many Miku tshirts that many of them haven't been worn yet.

I'm on the opposite end where I got really into it from the music, started buying the merch once I had moved out of my house, and all of that culminated into the dollfie. I have so many plushes (and they'll probably end up in photos alongside the Miku doll) that I don't think I'll ever stop collecting them. Though, as of late, I've put so much more time and energy into outfit collecting and just trying to figure out a proper wardrobe.

1 hour ago, CaraOReilly said:

Welcome! I'm not really that into Vocaloid, but I listen to it because my wife is a huge fan. Anyway, this is a great community.

Agreed.

I've been listening since 2007 and haven't stopped since. Don't think I ever will, either.

Griff
21 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Do you plan to collect them all?

I just realized I missed this question! Sorry!

To answer, I'll eventually probably look into buying a Luka if she's ever available, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Kagamine's that I can't exactly justify buying dolls of either of them. I like a few of their songs but never really liked them nearly as much as the other Vocaloids/Cryptonloids. I'd probably buy a GUMI dollfie if she were around (though I heard there's a pretty decent substitute for her).

OccultBeast
51 minutes ago, SleepoBeepo said:

I just realized I missed this question! Sorry!

To answer, I'll eventually probably look into buying a Luka if she's ever available, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Kagamine's that I can't exactly justify buying dolls of either of them. I like a few of their songs but never really liked them nearly as much as the other Vocaloids/Cryptonloids. I'd probably buy a GUMI dollfie if she were around (though I heard there's a pretty decent substitute for her).

No worries!

That makes sense though, and is basically where I stand for Luka/Meiko, so we're basically opposites!  Not that I dislike Meiko's songs (some of them absolutely slap), or Luka's for that matter either, but I don't... resonate with them for the most part, really.  I've grown to appreciate Meiko and Kaito a lot more more over the years though, no matter how much Crypton overlooks them.  Kaito is just my favourite colour and a boy, which, for DDs gets him an extra point.  I do however adore Rin, as she's my favourite voicebank besides Miku if I'm being honest with myself, and I can't buy her without her banana of a brother.  I also think her outfit is very cute, so she's got a lot of points going for her.

Oh yes, DDS Ranka Lee I think is the one most people compare to GUMI.  At leas you can always make customs pretty easily!

• Like 1

Griff
2 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

No worries!

That makes sense though, and is basically where I stand for Luka/Meiko, so we're basically opposites!  Not that I dislike Meiko's songs (some of them absolutely slap), or Luka's for that matter either, but I don't... resonate with them for the most part, really.  I've grown to appreciate Meiko and Kaito a lot more more over the years though, no matter how much Crypton overlooks them.  Kaito is just my favourite colour and a boy, which, for DDs gets him an extra point.  I do however adore Rin, as she's my favourite voicebank besides Miku if I'm being honest with myself, and I can't buy her without her banana of a brother.  I also think her outfit is very cute, so she's got a lot of points going for her.

Oh yes, DDS Ranka Lee I think is the one most people compare to GUMI.  At leas you can always make customs pretty easily!

It's mostly because I write fanfic about the Vocaloids (some of the dolls I want are for OC purposes) and I've so much time into character development for the Vocaloids that I know who I really like and who I resonated with. Miku, Meiko, Kaito, and Gumi had the most effort in, and I still feel like I need to revisit Luka at some point and flesh her out. TBH, that's one of the biggest reasons I latched on to Dollfie stuff so hard, lol. It's a chance to sort of create and interact with characters I really like.

Tasuke

Welcome!! i share a great adoration for Miku-chan myself.

indeed, i'd be all over it if AZONE or someone actually released a decent Miku in 1/6,

to match up with the rest of my sixth-scaled Anime family.

in the meantime, i'll have to be contented with the GOOD SMILE NENDOROID Doll;

Miku_NENDOROID_Doll_1-6-21.JPG?width=192

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Milk

Who can fault you for becoming weak to vinyl dolls when the argument is you can have Miku and dress her up? Welcome to the board! Hopefully you enjoy your time here to chat with us from time to time.

• Like 1

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

Griff
7 hours ago, Tasuke said:

indeed, i'd be all over it if AZONE or someone actually released a decent Miku in 1/6,

I've been meaning to buy that Nendo doll myself. She's so cute! T^T

46 minutes ago, Hymn said:

Who can fault you for becoming weak to vinyl dolls when the argument is you can have Miku and dress her up? Welcome to the board! Hopefully you enjoy your time here to chat with us from time to time.

I have a friend of mine who's not at all involved with anime fandoms aside from a few series we've watched together. When I showed him I bought the Miku doll and told him the price, he immediately asked me, "Why didn't you use that money to buy a Valve Index?"

My response? "You can't dress up a Valve Index."

And yeah, I'm a super chatty person. I feel like I'm going to like it here.

Milk
3 minutes ago, SleepoBeepo said:

I have a friend of mine who's not at all involved with anime fandoms aside from a few series we've watched together. When I showed him I bought the Miku doll and told him the price, he immediately asked me, "Why didn't you use that money to buy a Valve Index?"

My response? "You can't dress up a Valve Index."

And yeah, I'm a super chatty person. I feel like I'm going to like it here.

A good and truthful response. People draw joy from different sort of things, of course we have different priorities and values.

That's nice to hear!

• Like 1

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

ChrisFhey

Ah yes, I've also had multiple occasions of friends questioning my sanity after learning what one of these dolls costs. 😄

• Like 1

Mega Negi
9 hours ago, Tasuke said:

To me, the best thing about the Nendroid dolls is that they can use the vast library of interchangeable nendroid head/faces. I've always wished Dollfies had some similar feature. I mean, technically they do, but the average Nendroid comes with multiple facial expressions out of the box. Dollfies, not so much.

Griff
2 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

To me, the best thing about the Nendroid dolls is that they can use the vast library of interchangeable nendroid head/faces. I've always wished Dollfies had some similar feature. I mean, technically they do, but the average Nendroid comes with multiple facial expressions out of the box. Dollfies, not so much.

That may be the biggest downside to me with Dollfies. Not that it takes away much considering the vast customization options you have out of the box, but being able to change faces for my dolls would be the thing I'd absolutely love to have ease of access for.

BeyondTime
15 minutes ago, SleepoBeepo said:

but being able to change faces for my dolls would be the thing I'd absolutely love to have ease of access for.

To some degree you can. One thing you can do with option heads is get several of the same head and get different face-ups or even mods. Just swap the head to change the expression of the doll. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Griff
3 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

To some degree you can. One thing you can do with option heads is get several of the same head and get different face-ups or even mods. Just swap the head to change the expression of the doll. 

Yeah. I think when I mean "ease of access" I just mean I wish it were easier to get that to work without having to do some extra work to get the faces you want, but that's what you get with a hobby like this. You have limitless possibilities, you just need to put the time in to get what you want.

Mega Negi
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

if you have a production model doll head, you can. Less applicable if you have a collaboration doll(s)

• Like 1