Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

samseramsamsam

Loose feet on Obitsu 50

samseramsamsam

Hi guys, I am struggling with my older Obitsu 50 body - her feet keep falling off! I can screw them back on, but it only takes a few days (or minutes on the magnet plate...) for the screws to fall back out. 

Does anyone know any tricks to keep the feet attached? Thanks in advance! 

Tierparkzone

Check the foot joints, there should be separate plastic rings fitted over the bit where the screw goes in.

I quickly edited an image from the Parabox shop, so you know which parts I mean:

50RP-F01WP-35_1.jpg.b982482127d480a391607566538ef22b.jpg

These rings hold the lower part of the joint assembly tightly together. If they are missing or cracked, the screw will pry apart the halves of the joint and fall out.

So check if they are present on your doll, have no cracks and are installed properly (the little plate-thingy is up just as in the pictures - not flush with the bottom).

In case the rings are cracked, you can take them off the joint and glue the cracks shut with super glue. Wait until the glue has properly dried before you put them back onto the joint. Do not glue the rings onto the joint assembly - This would block the foot from turning sideways.

samseramsamsam

Thank you so much! The parts are there, and not cracked, but also... not attached? (They kind of just lie inside the foot)

Edit, oh darn it, the Ring seems okay, but the upper part is cracked to hell... At some point I'll have to order new ones 😭 (I'll try gluing it for the interim, can't get worse...) 

IMG_20210519_185024.jpg

Edited by samseramsamsam

samseramsamsam

Please keep your fingers crossed for her 😅 

Edited to add: Seems to be holding together well for now. (Of course it does, after I already panic-ordered new ankle parts 😅

IMG_20210519_191414.jpg

IMG_20210519_222229_799.jpg

Edited by samseramsamsam
Update

Tierparkzone
10 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

Thank you so much! The parts are there, and not cracked, but also... not attached? (They kind of just lie inside the foot)

Edit, oh darn it, the Ring seems okay, but the upper part is cracked to hell... At some point I'll have to order new ones 😭 (I'll try gluing it for the interim, can't get worse...) 

IMG_20210519_185024.jpg

From what I can see in the picture, I wouldn't say the joint itself is broken. - It genuinely consists of two halves. The ring mentioned before is there to avoid them coming apart or moving independently, as they do in the picture. Just putting the ring back on before putting the screw back in might have been enough to fix your issue.

That said, if your doll can still move her feet as usual, I don't think you did any harm by gluing those parts together.

• Thanks 1

samseramsamsam
5 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

From what I can see in the picture, I wouldn't say the joint itself is broken. - It genuinely consists of two halves. The ring mentioned before is there to avoid them coming apart or moving independently, as they do in the picture. Just putting the ring back on before putting the screw back in might have been enough to fix your issue.

That said, if your doll can still move her feet as usual, I don't think you did any harm by gluing those parts together.

Oh my, I came close to "verschlimmbessern" (making sth worse by trying to make it better)! But the feet still move okay, luckily, but thank you for pointing that out!