Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Figura4

Hello from Barcelona!

Figura4

Hello! 

I'm a photographer from Barcelona. I'm a collector of Japanese PVC manga and anime figures and for a long time I want to add to my collection some Doll... I need a photo assistant!
Thanks to a friend I have known this forum and I have come to learn a lot!

Thank you!

• Like 2

ChrisFhey

Hello there! Welcome to the board!

I'm a figure collector as well. In fact, my interest in these dolls pretty much evolved from figure collecting. :3

RuffleChuu

Hiya!
I used to collect quite a lot of figures too! Madoka figures were my life! 

Figura4
On 6/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, RuffleChuu said:

Hiya!
I used to collect quite a lot of figures too! Madoka figures were my life! 

On 6/19/2021 at 1:04 AM, ChrisFhey said:

Hello there! Welcome to the board!

I'm a figure collector as well. In fact, my interest in these dolls pretty much evolved from figure collecting. :3

Wow! It seems that many collectors of figures also have dolls. That's good news!

Starr

Welcome! 

There's a lot of crossover in the BJD world and figurines!~ I have both as well, even though I'm more committed to my BJDs. :) 

What doll were you thinking of starting with? After all, you DO need an assistant, right? 😉 

Figura4
26 minutes ago, Starr said:

Welcome! 

There's a lot of crossover in the BJD world and figurines!~ I have both as well, even though I'm more committed to my BJDs. :) 

What doll were you thinking of starting with? After all, you DO need an assistant, right? 😉 

Thank you for your reply!

I'm thinking about a Smart Doll, Mirai. Probably the most popular, but, I like her face so much. Anyway I would like to costumize her a little. Green eyes and freckles on the nose.

I’m still looking for information. On the official store eyes are sold in batches, and I’m only interested in a pair of green eyes. Maybe someone sells a spare pair of eyes somewhere. I would also like to know of other places that sell clothes, shoes and accessories, also wigs.

I’m a novice, and I have too many questions.

MaleficentMrsofEvil
1 hour ago, Figura4 said:

No such thing - especially when Smart Dolls run about $575 USD. With that kind of investment, you want to be sure you really want the doll. 

I hope you enjoy perusing the forums! There's an entire section dedicated to Smart Dolls (SmD), including companies that make great clothing that fits them, such as TTYA. There's also a lot of great info about hybriding, although if I recall correctly, the Milk skin tone was closest to Volks skin tones, and it was discontinued. 

Starr
2 hours ago, Figura4 said:

Thank you for your reply!

I'm thinking about a Smart Doll, Mirai. Probably the most popular, but, I like her face so much. Anyway I would like to costumize her a little. Green eyes and freckles on the nose.

I’m still looking for information. On the official store eyes are sold in batches, and I’m only interested in a pair of green eyes. Maybe someone sells a spare pair of eyes somewhere. I would also like to know of other places that sell clothes, shoes and accessories, also wigs.

Mirai is adorable! I love the anime-style faces too, so I have looked at her many times. The eyes are sold in batches now, but there's a lot of great websites that you can buy anime styled eyes. I have Volks eyes, some from Etsy and Mandarake, so even if you don't want to buy them in bulk you can still buy green eyes. Or of course, you could buy in bulk and ask to trade out the ones you don't like/need or just have some extra eyes. <3 

Figura4
21 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

No such thing - especially when Smart Dolls run about $575 USD. With that kind of investment, you want to be sure you really want the doll. 

I hope you enjoy perusing the forums! There's an entire section dedicated to Smart Dolls (SmD), including companies that make great clothing that fits them, such as TTYA. There's also a lot of great info about hybriding, although if I recall correctly, the Milk skin tone was closest to Volks skin tones, and it was discontinued. 

Thank you! You’re right, it’s an important decision. I think I’ll buy the essentials (Mirai, hands and eyes, maybe the pants too...) from the official store, and clothes will look at other manufacturers.

Figura4
20 hours ago, Starr said:

Mirai is adorable! I love the anime-style faces too, so I have looked at her many times. The eyes are sold in batches now, but there's a lot of great websites that you can buy anime styled eyes. I have Volks eyes, some from Etsy and Mandarake, so even if you don't want to buy them in bulk you can still buy green eyes. Or of course, you could buy in bulk and ask to trade out the ones you don't like/need or just have some extra eyes. <3 

She's so cute! It's possible that I buy the pack of eyes and sell those that do not interest me to recover some money.