Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Hello from flyover country! (Ohio, USA)

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I found this forum courtesy of a DOA member. Happy to be here! How are ya?

I’m a recovering Barbie collector. I discovered vinyl dolls courtesy of BJD collectors, and I was blown away by the difference in quality. 

If anyone has a link to a quick (SIMPLE) explanation of the various Dollfie dolls, or the difference between Azone and Obitsu and/or Blythe bodies, I would be eternally grateful. I’m so confused…

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Welcome to the forum.

As someone who likes to roadtrip, I can say that so called "flyover country" is the best place to drive though. People who just fly over it have no idea what they are missing.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil

Welcome to the forum! I can't help much with Azone and Obitsu, but for Dollfie Dream (not to be confused with the resin BJD line "Super Dollfie") the sizes are:

Dollfie Dream/DD (60cm tall)

Dollfie Dream Sister/DDS (54.5cm tall "sister" to the taller DD)

Dollfie Dream Dynamite/DDdy (Slightly below 60cm? Has larger thighs, hips and bust size)

Dollfie Dream Pretty/DDP (50cm, Adolescent-like DD, shorter than DDS but taller than MDD)

Mini Dollfie Dream/MDD (43.5cm, child-like DD)

If you get confused by "DD-f3", "DDIII", "DDII" this refers to the type of inner frame the dolls use. All new dolls are on the DD-f3 frame, which is essentially the most articulated and poseable one so far. 

If you're in the USA, you can use Volks USA to buy Dollfie Dream Standard Models (offered in all of the above sizes! Each one comes assembled with makeup, eyes and a wig.) or you can use Volks International. If you're interested in painting the doll heads yourself, you can buy a base body and a blank head as well. 

Edited by FabledAlyssum
fixed measurements
  • Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, FabledAlyssum said:

Dollfie Dream Sister/DDS (50cm tall "sister" to the taller DD)

<snip>

Dollfie Dream Pretty/DDP (45cm-ish? Adolescent-like DD, shorter than DDS but taller than MDD)

Dollfie Dream Sisters are about 54 cm, and Dollfie Dream Pretty are 50 cm. 

The specs are here: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/about_bodysize/

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Dollfie Dream Sisters are about 54 cm, and Dollfie Dream Pretty are 50 cm. 

Sorry about that! I thought they were around 55cm, but when I googled it, DoA said they're 50cm 😅 fixed the post!

• Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who gets confused!

Thanks so much!