Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ShinobisDestiny

Dollfie Vocaloid Family but why...??

ShinobisDestiny

It´s been a long time since I posted here. To be honest I still struggle to get used to a forum message board or however it´s called. The last time I posted here was about my hunt for a Dollfie Dream Rin Kagamine doll which I could get. The very next day after I got Rin Volks had to release a Dollfie of Meiko. I thought I was done with Dollfies but oh well.... 

Thankz to a very lovely proxy on Facebook I could get Meiko but I feel so ungrateful which sucks. I was really excited when I first saw pictures of her. When I got her and compared her to my other Vocaloids I felt like Volks really missed the mark on her face. I don´t know about you but I imagine Meiko as a more grown up character.

Her face is visibly rounder around the jaw a cheeks. And she has a big grin. I feel like she doesn´t fit in with the others and I really don´t know how I should feel about it. I´m also open to trading her head for a more feminine and mature one. But I feel so bad for not liking her. These dolls are really expensive and I could get her sooner than people who had to pre order her online. I´m still happy to have her as part of my Dollfie family.

198384338_269306024985372_2435154963737604181_n.jpg

198418624_269305974985377_1295715155132171448_n.jpg

• Like 1

finnleo
1 hour ago, ShinobisDestiny said:

I don´t know about you but I imagine Meiko as a more grown up character.

I suppose you can sort of thank the Diva games, where they've unified the base look of the girls to a degree.

There is also the minor thing about fan-art versus official art, which was a thing back when Luka came out as a DD, and some folk thought she should have been on a Dynamite body, when infact the original Kei artwork barely supported the L-bust.

Meiko is a bit of a oddball in this sense though, and if I remember my lore correct, while Miku and the gang had base official character art from day one, Meiko's official look thats accompanied with her V3 release, was adopted from fanart that started to come out after Miku's release.

Vocaloids and age are a bit of an amusing thing, since technically Miku is 30 years old this year (since she was dated as being approx 16 years old at release), and she doesent quite look that either.

As long as she (Meiko) doesent look too much younger than Luka, then they've succeeded to a degree, since Luka according to wikipedia (too lazy to go find the crypton page for Luka at the moment) was aged as "an adult" ... so there is also that.

Edited by finnleo

ShinobisDestiny
34 minutes ago, finnleo said:

As long as she (Meiko) doesent look too much younger than Luka, then they've succeeded to a degree

And that is my problem. Dollfie Meiko looks younger than even Rin and Len. And I know they don´t really have a character but at least to me I wished for a more adult and sassy looking Meiko which I thought we would get judging by promo pictures. The head to me doesn´t suit her at all. She doesn´t even have an lower lip which gives her even more a child like smile...

• Confused 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, finnleo said:

Vocaloids and age are a bit of an amusing thing, since technically Miku is 30 years old this year (since she was dated as being approx 16 years old at release), and she doesent quite look that either.

My oldest looking DD is definitely Jeanne D’Arc, but overall it just feels like DD tend to look young no matter what the age of the character. I can recall all the complaints about Kaede, who definitely is an older character, but whose DD look was likely derived from Starlight Stage where all the characters look pretty young compared to art and other media. Kaede and Luka look the same age, but Kaede is supposed to be mid 20s iirc and neither of them look mid 20s. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ShinobisDestiny
29 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

but overall it just feels like DD tend to look young no matter what the age of the character.

Okay then older in a Dollfie Dream sense 😄 SOmeone on Facebook suggested me I should look into Dollfie Dream Choice where you can built your own doll. And Head no.09 Head looks good to me (shape wise)even with a standard faceup. But I really don´t wanna buy an entire new doll just for the head. And I´m not sure about a custom faceup.

Maia

ddh-09 really does remind me of meiko 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, ShinobisDestiny said:

Okay then older in a Dollfie Dream sense 😄 SOmeone on Facebook suggested me I should look into Dollfie Dream Choice where you can built your own doll. And Head no.09 Head looks good to me (shape wise)even with a standard faceup. But I really don´t wanna buy an entire new doll just for the head. And I´m not sure about a custom faceup.

DDH-09 is a standard head and you can order a blank head directly from Volks for about $50.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Irulazuli

And since you already have Meiko, you can also try to give her a new faceup that will be a bit more mature and still look good with other Vocaloids? In my experience, faceup can drastically change the feel of the doll (just look at DDH09 tag on insta for example).

Mega Negi

Canonically, Megurine Luka is 20, which coincidentally is the age where someone is legally an adult in Japan. Meiko never had an official age, but people just got used to assuming that she was the oldest, seeing as how she was the first japanese vocaloid.