Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Chiakisenpai

Having a hard time finding DDS clothing

Chiakisenpai

I love my DDS body, but something I've been noticing as time goes by is that the waist of all the clothing is so loose as it was made for DD body. 

It seems the only place I can find DDS clothing is Volks and they don't have a ton of clothing compared to other sites. 

Anyone have any tips or tricks for DD clothes on DDS, or any shops that make DDS clothing? I'd even like to know of any doll clothes that could fit DDS that were made for other dolls not in the DD line if they exist:) 

Edited by Chiakisenpai
spelling

marishade

I have the same problem. My Rin is actually my cutest Volks girl and I would love her and Len to have tons of coordinating cute outfits. . . But everything looks baggy on them. It is even worse because both of them are flat chested so they are too small for a lot of the clothing I find all the way around. 

Right now I have just resigned myself to Len getting lots of 'girl sized plain t-shirts and Rin getting clothes that are supposed to look a little loose fitting. 

I would be very interested to hear of any other options as well.

Tenukihandcrafts

I’m experimenting with BJD SD sized clothes and Smart Doll clothes with mixed success. Dollheart makes DD outfits, but I haven’t bought one yet. I think I’ll have to do a little dollie tailoring for Mallory to get a good fit.

BeyondTime
On 6/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, Chiakisenpai said:

I love my DDS body, but something I've been noticing as time goes by is that the waist of all the clothing is so loose as it was made for DD body. 

TTYA denim shorts and skirts fit DDS perfectly.

Mirai short jeans work too, and I totally encourage people to buy them and dress your Dollfie Dreams in them. Just don’t post about it online so Danny can’t stop the flow of clothing to your DDs by banning you. 😈 

Not all SmD clothes will fit DD, and imo full length jeans are too long in the leg even for a DD as opposed to a DDS. Shirts may be hit and miss too. Some of the short sleave shirts on Doll Delights should work nicely on DDS. The site owner has DDS modeling some of the clothing he sells.

Up front, I have not tried the short short version of the Mirai shorts on my DDS. The short short style should fit the hip just fine, but may leave the leg joints or part of the butt exposed. I do have the TTYA short shorts which should be identical to the Mirai version and those fit my Lina Inverse fine, her legs joints aren’t exposed, but you can see a bit of her butt at the top. Nothing obscene imo, but perceptions may vary.

TTYA has the virtue of being reasonably priced, good quality, and is not run by a man-child.  

MSD sized skirts from Nine9Style can work on DDS as a miniskirt, but it’s hit and miss at MSD sizes, so I’d only recommend trying that if you have an MDD or a DDP to wear the item if it didn’t fit your DDS.

Volks does sell a waist pad meant for use with Kimono. You might be able to use that to fix some of the waist fits on clothing for DD. I keep meaning to try that out, because it seems like it could give a DD the illusion of having an SD waist. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

I'm also curious if anyone else has used that kimono pad and was considering using it to improve fit of DD(S) clothes on an AZO2. It won't solve any length issues, but it might reduce gapping at the waist.

Riesz

It's not a totally elegant solution, but I use small clips in the back to pull the excess fabric in at the waist. If the doll is only displayed facing forward or if you're using a very long wig then the clips aren't noticeable at all!