Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
PipSqueek

Cheap clothing for MDD

PipSqueek

So if this doesn’t belong here let me know and I’ll get rid of it but I’ve discovered that some “My life” or Walmart brand American girl doll clothing fits MDD decently, it’s definitely loose but if cutely oversized is your thing then go for it, I bought a pajama outfit set that had pants a shirt and slippers for around $10. I think it’s pretty good for what it is, they’re all mostly light colored but some dark clothing, so there could be some staining if you aren’t careful. It’s Walmart brand after all. But hey it’s what I’ve found cause I’m broke. 

• Like 2

baldylox

Glitter Girls stuff fits them really well including the shoes.  You can find them on Amazon and at some Target stores.  They run between $10 and $15 for a set of clothes and most of those come with shoes.  You can also find shoes separately that light up for about $10 a pair!  :) 

Here's a link to a bunch on Amazon.  Amazon.com: Glitter Girls: Outfits

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PipSqueek
54 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Glitter Girls stuff fits them really well including the shoes.  You can find them on Amazon and at some Target stores.  They run between $10 and $15 for a set of clothes and most of those come with shoes.  You can also find shoes separately that light up for about $10 a pair!  :) 

Billy

Oh shoot I may have to check this out, thank ya 😄

marionbearmaker
Jezrah
13 hours ago, marionbearmaker said:

Soooo, this would fit with some tweaking?

hogwarts.png

In my experience, since an outfit like that is supposed to look fitted and not cutely baggy, it would need so much alteration that it just as easy to make it from scratch. You can still go for it if you'd prefer to try with the robe, but I would expect that the rest of it won't work well.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

marionbearmaker
33 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

In my experience, since an outfit like that is supposed to look fitted and not cutely baggy, it would need so much alteration that it just as easy to make it from scratch. You can still go for it if you'd prefer to try with the robe, but I would expect that the rest of it won't work well.

Thanks, it does make sense :). But yes, the robe did seem kinda nice. I guess I'll try from scratch instead for a good fit though (one more outfit on my todo list 😄).

empty
18 hours ago, baldylox said:

Billy

Are there outfits from this or other fashion doll brands that aren’t so for lack of a better word childish? I figure it’s a long shot since the doll market in the west is obviously very different but I’d love easy access to some stuff that doesn’t seem intended for a preteen both in audience and in doll. I know I’m an odd one out already for having MDDs that aren’t supposed to be younger but even with some allowance for what’s popularly available it makes clothing the girls real hard. 

PipSqueek
PipSqueek
8 hours ago, empty said:

Are there outfits from this or other fashion doll brands that aren’t so for lack of a better word childish? I figure it’s a long shot since the doll market in the west is obviously very different but I’d love easy access to some stuff that doesn’t seem intended for a preteen both in audience and in doll. I know I’m an odd one out already for having MDDs that aren’t supposed to be younger but even with some allowance for what’s popularly available it makes clothing the girls real hard. 

Uhh I’m not really sure but maybe some larger Barbie outfits, it’s a longshot but maybe some of the outfits made for like special larger sized barbies would fit, maybe some off brand American girl doll stuff, I know you can get more adult looking clothing for them in some places. Pretty much anything can be made, commissioned, or bought from various places so look around. Me personally I like to try to make it before I go buy it but I think I’ll leave the clothing making To the pros ya know. Try Amazon and search for either 1/3 or 1/4 scale doll clothing, even try eBay. Hope that helps a bit. 

empty
On 8/23/2021 at 9:23 PM, jazijaz said:

This is the way my friends and I dress lolololol and we're no preteen. I see it more like the Japanese kawaii style which can be worn by anyone at any age. It's better to call it "different style" than "childish".^^

Since I was originally talking to fashion/western doll brands in MDD size these are usually quite literally for preteens so I’m not sure where the offense was? My issue isn’t with a fashion style as in what styles humans wear but trying to refer as to things in big box stores.I like the size and look of MDD more overall but I want to style them as adults wearing x thing not younger girls wearing the same x thing whether that’s kawaii fashion or not. That’s what I mean by childish. 

empty

Well my English is not always the best even after moving here so long ago then yes I can I agree that I didn’t understand. I’m sorry if my words were insulting.

BeyondTime

Just a reminder that it’s fine to disagree on points in a topic, but please keep personal conflicts off the public forum. Use PMs if needed. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction