Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nattou

Hello! Art gremlin here.

Nattou

Yo! I'm Nat! I'm not new to the general doll hobby, I've been collecting BJDs since November 2013. My brother has been collecting both BJDs and vinyl dolls since around then too.

After realizing how light and fun his vinyl ones are, and my interest in an anime style doll not being met by any currently available resin sculpts, I became really interested in owning a vinyl doll myself.

I have a head ready (DD Ranka Lee) to put on a body, now I just need a body! Wanting a MDD because that's the perfect size.

I wanted to look around to try and buy one secondhand to help someone out so I'm not in any particular rush LOL.

I do art for a living. I'm an art machine.

Looking forward to poking around the forums, especially to look at photos. 😄

Edited by Nattou
  • Like 3

ChrisFhey

Hello Nattou! Welcome to the board!

Good luck getting your MDD body. Hopefully you'll be able to find one soon. :3

Also, out of curiosity, what sort of art do you generally do?

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Hello, Nattou! Alison with Munecas, Poupees, Dolls is selling a DDP Volks body for $300 on Instagram (if it hasn't already been snapped up) with the clothing. She bought the full doll for the head. 

Seconding the request for info re your art. I love art! Was really into creating my own in high school, and the great plague of 2020-21 has rekindled my interest. Do you have anything online? 

Nattou
6 hours ago, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

Hello, Nattou! Alison with Munecas, Poupees, Dolls is selling a DDP Volks body for $300 on Instagram (if it hasn't already been snapped up) with the clothing. She bought the full doll for the head. 

Seconding the request for info re your art. I love art! Was really into creating my own in high school, and the great plague of 2020-21 has rekindled my interest. Do you have anything online? 

15 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

Hello Nattou! Welcome to the board!

Good luck getting your MDD body. Hopefully you'll be able to find one soon. :3

Also, out of curiosity, what sort of art do you generally do?

Ive picked up a MDD body from someone on DoA/Facebook! After looking around the forums did Ranka Lee posts hoping I'd see one on a MDD body I did find photos! It looks a little funky maybe. I'll still try to put it on the MDD body to try and make the MDD boy I want to make but if it looks wonky I'll just put Ranka on another old DD body my brother has and buy a better suitable head for my MDD boy. I just REALLY did love the 2000s anime look of Ranka Lees head!

Maybe I'll post photos of the body we have and ask to figure out which one it is. I think it was a DD but it might be an Obitsu. I can't remember. It's been a long time LMAO.

As for art things, I do post a lot online! Here's my Twitter, you can see my art in the media tab with the exception of some photos of my dog. I usually try to keep the media tab clean and show Art only: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/nathahniel/media

I also have a tiny gallery of examples for art commissions here:

https://pitfolio.carrd.co/

I mostly do character art in an anime like style. Mainly humans and furries. A lot of FFXIV art as well as I play XIV myself when I have the time.

• Thanks 1

AlisonVonderland

Hello! It's nice to meet you! Congratulations on Ranka! She's one of the models I really really love (definitely partly for her beautiful green hair). I would definitely be interested to see how she looks on the smaller body! I have crammed a lot of heads on smaller bodies and I find it often works really well for me. There have only been a few that were large enough that it ended up bothering me how they looked. 

Nattou
2 hours ago, AlisonVonderland said:

Hello! It's nice to meet you! Congratulations on Ranka! She's one of the models I really really love (definitely partly for her beautiful green hair). I would definitely be interested to see how she looks on the smaller body! I have crammed a lot of heads on smaller bodies and I find it often works really well for me. There have only been a few that were large enough that it ended up bothering me how they looked. 

I'll snap better photos later but here's a couple I took after I tried putting it on the MDD body! I think it's pretty alright!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Nattou
  • Like 3

Starr

Welcome Nattou! 

Your boy is super adorable~ <3 

I also did a lot of art in High School, but got burned out. Now I just stick to doll faceups since my hands are pretty dumb when attempting traditional drawing. Your artwork is lovely though!! 

AlisonVonderland

Awwww the hybrid is adorable. I think the head might be a bit bigger than the heads I have on my small bodies but you know it's hard to tell. I love dolls with big heads especially when they seem childlike or so and it's just ugh so precious 🥰

Nattou
7 hours ago, Starr said:

Welcome Nattou! 

Your boy is super adorable~ <3 

I also did a lot of art in High School, but got burned out. Now I just stick to doll faceups since my hands are pretty dumb when attempting traditional drawing. Your artwork is lovely though!! 

Thank you so much! Fighting burnout is a struggle tbh. Especially when I've made my hobby my job as well! 

I really want to give faceups a proper go again. I've done base layers for a few resin dolls, but never a fully finished faceup. I've done plenty of fantasy parts though, those are always fun.

Just grabbed a DWC-01 head off mandrake to try and do a faceup on and I'll just have to consider which look I prefer between the Ranka Lee head or one I do a faceup on!

5 hours ago, AlisonVonderland said:

Awwww the hybrid is adorable. I think the head might be a bit bigger than the heads I have on my small bodies but you know it's hard to tell. I love dolls with big heads especially when they seem childlike or so and it's just ugh so precious 🥰

The wig isn't doing it any favors either LOL. It poofs up and makes the top of the head look even bigger. x'D 

I plan on replacing the wig and outfit so hopefully I can offset the big headedness enough that it looks even better! I'm pretty used to big heads like on nendoroids or very stylized dolls so at least for me, it doesn't come off as too bad at all and that's really all that matters at the end of the day LOL. But if I could take a ray gun to shrink it just by a small percentage, I'd do it.

Maybe I'll snap photos of head comparisons of the vinyls my brother has. I know I would've loved that when looking into getting this one. :)

Here's marginally better photos with actually decent lighting. Everything on him is temporary so the look will change significantly over time!

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love the look and size of the body, I only wish it posed a touch better and had double jointed knees! A body my brother got which I believe is an old DD body is double jointed and I love it so, I may put this head on it eventually if I like how the DWC-01 turns out! 😄

Starr
2 minutes ago, Nattou said:

Thank you so much! Fighting burnout is a struggle tbh. Especially when I've made my hobby my job as well! 

I really want to give faceups a proper go again. I've done base layers for a few resin dolls, but never a fully finished faceup. I've done plenty of fantasy parts though, those are always fun.

Just grabbed a DWC-01 head off mandrake to try and do a faceup on and I'll just have to consider which look I prefer between the Ranka Lee head or one I do a faceup on!

It's awful, I was preparing at that time for College and I was so burned out from all of the years of my Art classes that I just dropped it all together. I couldn't imagine having to do it for a living, you have to be incredibly persistent and motivated! 

I'm sure that you'd be amazing at faceups! Definitely post here once you get them done!~  

• Like 1

aililysan
On 7/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, Nattou said:

I'll snap better photos later but here's a couple I took after I tried putting it on the MDD body! I think it's pretty alright!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gasp he is so cute!! ^o^ <3 I am doing some customs and I want to make a boy on mdd body too. 

aililysan

Also that gallery is impressive! I draw too but I dont have that many drawings ;n;.