Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AliensOfGold

Dream Rescue and Water Wax

AliensOfGold

I'm trying to get some Dream Rescue and Water Wax in Australia. I can see that these two items are in stock on the VOLKS International website, but after I sign in they give me an error about the product not being found.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_WIG/4518992302805.html

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_MAKEUP/4518992403298.html

I get not being able to ship paint, thinners, and other flammable goods, but is Dream Rescue and Water Wax really highly flammable?

Is it possible to get these else where or in a different product?

Monty

I’m also in Australia and I had the exact same weird issue cos I also wanted to add it to my favourites, so that I could easily add it to my cart when the July collection goes up. It gave me the error and then when I tried to find it again it was gone, and it wouldn’t show up in the search anymore. I logged out and logged back in and it came back, and I was then able to add it to my favourites without issue. I haven’t tried buying it yet so I don’t know if it’s gonna freak out again, but try logging in and out and seeing if that changes whether you can add it to your cart.

(I’m also glad it’s not just me lol)

EDIT: I just now decided to see if I could add it to my cart from favourites and I got the message ‘deleted because some items in the cart cannot be purchased’. So I guess we really can’t.

Does anyone from notAustralia want to test this and see if they can add it or not?

Edited by Monty

abs2891

Not Australia, but I tried logging into my US account on volks international and those pages vanished - it appears when I log out even though my vpn is still set to the US so must be tied to your login info.  Aerosol setting sprays, paint supplies, non eco remover, and certain wig sprays and the conditioner disappear as well but somehow the eco paint remover is still there (perhaps they missed it…) and the wig treatment mist.  So yeah, basically almost all liquids seem blocked to international…I really hope that the wax and rescue at least are temporary things.

Edited by abs2891

Monty

I might send them an email just to make sure if it’s an error or not. They might have grouped a bunch of the care items together as not being shippable and included the water wax/dream rescue by accident (when the site had its big overhaul, maybe??) I’m sure people have bought water wax and dream rescue internationally plenty of times without issue in the past. 

• Like 1

AliensOfGold
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I might send them an email just to make sure if it’s an error or not. 

That'd be great if you could do that and reply back here if they should ever respond.

Veravey

I added clear coat paint (or something like that) to my last VOLKS USA order earlier this year; I'm in Canada. I was able to purchase it but the next they emailed me to say I had to be refunded the items as they are unable to ship them due to being flammable.

They handled it really well and honestly I should have known better. ;;)

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

aililysan

For the dream rescue you could try hair developer containing hydrogen peroxide. I have used it safely to work on removing stains from gen1 my little ponies which are also made of vinyl. If you put the hair developer on any spots you need to remove and leave the doll in the sun (you may want to cover the stain and developer with cling wrap so it doesn't dry) after a few days of repeating this it will remove the stain. You can try it on an inconspicuous spot like the bottom of the foot first to be safe. 

I also found info that benzoyl peroxide works on DD. This discolored my mlp, but you can see the tutorial on that here:

https://orchiddolls.com/how-to-remove-stains-from-a-dollfie-dream#:~:text=Brands such as “Remove Zit,back label of the cleaner.

I would also test this. I think the hydrogen peroxide is safer because I haven't had discoloration issues with that in the past but with benzoyl I have.

Edited by aililysan

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, aililysan said:

I would also test this. I think the hydrogen peroxide is safer because I haven't had discoloration issues with that in the past but with benzoyl I have.

I haven’t used benzoyl peroxide myself, but it’s a commonly used method of removing stains from vinyl dolls. Not sure why you got discoloration, but I’ve never heard of that happening before. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
46 minutes ago, aililysan said:

I also found info that benzoyl peroxide works on DD. This discolored my mlp

I've only heard of it immediately discolouring white ponies, and causing discolouration to happen years later for others.  But this is because the vinyl is different from the vinyl used in DD and other dolls, because every vinyl is not created equal, and MLP vinyl is dyed different colours than DDs are.  Benzoyl peroxide has been used and recommended for quite a long time for DDs and American Girl dolls, so I think it's definitely a 'safe' choice.  But still not for ponies~!

aililysan
23 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

I've only heard of it immediately discolouring white ponies, and causing discolouration to happen years later for others.  But this is because the vinyl is different from the vinyl used in DD and other dolls, because every vinyl is not created equal, and MLP vinyl is dyed different colours than DDs are.  Benzoyl peroxide has been used and recommended for quite a long time for DDs and American Girl dolls, so I think it's definitely a 'safe' choice.  But still not for ponies~!

Definitely yes the benzoyl peroxide discolored two of my G1s after I used it on them. 

aililysan
23 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

I haven't really used benzoyl peroxide on my DDs yet. I never really knew that, but it makes sense.

puxlavoix

Sorry to revive this thread after so long but does somebody know of an alternative product or preparation as a substitute for water wax?

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

Mizuumi-no-Otome
1 hour ago, puxlavoix said:

Sorry to revive this thread after so long but does somebody know of an alternative product or preparation as a substitute for water wax?

Redken makes a very similar water wax! I have friends who use this over the Volks Water Wax simply because it's hard to catch a Volks restock of their version. The color is a bit different, but otherwise it's (as I've been told) virtually the same thing. 

It's a bit more expensive but it's quite a large tub, so it'll last you a long time. 

Edit: oops, looks like it's been discontinued 😕 

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome
  • Thanks 1

puxlavoix
30 minutes ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Redken makes a very similar water wax! I have friends who use this over the Volks Water Wax simply because it's hard to catch a Volks restock of their version. The color is a bit different, but otherwise it's (as I've been told) virtually the same thing.

Thank you! I was looking at the ingredients in it and while it lists a bunch of chemicals, even some kind of alcohol im guessing that it could be used with caution not to touch a DD's face and should be fine.

32 minutes ago, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

Yeah i just found about that too, but your suggestion helped me get an idea of what kind of product/texture to look for and a reference that the right human products can do it too :)!

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

puxlavoix
On 9/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, Mizuumi-no-Otome said:

It's a bit more expensive but it's quite a large tub, so it'll last you a long time. 

So, long story short I went all over the internet try to find the similar product similar to the Volks water wax-similar lol, and found out that while Redken water wax it's indeed been discontinued for roughly 2 years now to the dismay of life-long loyal redken water wax customers,  there's people on the actual product site (now listed as discontinued) that among many many many claims and requests to bring it back found a couple that mentioned this other product that is for all intents and purposes the same as the aforementioned Redken water wax which in turn is said to be the exact same as the elusive Volks' Water Wax

The product in question is Fatboy Water Wax which is listed as having the same key benefits and uses as the redken and volks ones: water based, non sticky, very very mild hold, added shine and above all control for those pesky fly-aways while keeping it soft and manageable.

So I ordered it yesterday from Amazon (which indeed has a user review stating its the exact same thing as Redken's) and got it delivered first day in the morning.  Eager as I was to put it to use right away. 

Don't intend to make a review of the product just wanna mention the highlights of it especially for people looking for an alternative.

In general I would describe it as a hard clear waxy substance that barely gets on your fingers but the tiny little amount that does get on your fingertips looks and feels very much alike to what volks' water wax users describe and has a light citric smell that fades quicky once applied.

How about wig application and results? Never used the Volks' one before for reference but I'm really digging the results as its EVERYTHING I have heard and seen the original product does in terms of fly-aways and frizz control, super smooth and manageable shiny hair and doesn't leave any kind of sticky residue after "drying"and doesn't stiffen the hair at all

All in all I'm VERY satisfied with the results I got on Miki's default wig, the difference is like day and night.

images (1) - 2021-10-03T020434.768.jpeg

Edited by puxlavoix
  • Like 3

Mizuumi-no-Otome
30 minutes ago, puxlavoix said:

So, long story short I went all over the internet try to find the similar product similar to the Volks water wax-similar lol, and found out that while Redken water wax it's indeed been discontinued for roughly 2 years now to the dismay of life-long loyal redken water wax customers,  there's people on the actual product site (now listed as discontinued) that among many many many claims and requests to bring it back found a couple that mentioned this other product that is for all intents and purposes the same as the aforementioned Redken water wax which in turn is said to be the exact same as the elusive Volks' Water Wax

The product in question is Fatboy Water Wax which is listed as having the same key benefits and uses as the redken and volks ones: water based, non sticky, very very mild hold, added shine and above all control for those pesky fly-aways while keeping it soft and manageable.

So I ordered it yesterday from Amazon (which indeed has a user review stating its the exact same thing as Redken's) and got it delivered first day in the morning.  Eager as I was to put it to use right away. 

Don't intend to make a review of the product just wanna mention the highlights of it especially for people looking for an alternative.

In general I would describe it as a hard clear waxy substance that barely gets on your fingers but the tiny little amount that does get on your fingertips looks and feels very much alike to what volks' water wax users describe and has a light citric smell that fades quicky once applied.

How about wig application and results? Never used the Volks' one before for reference but I'm really digging the results as its EVERYTHING I have heard and seen the original product does in terms of fly-aways and frizz control, super smooth and manageable shiny hair and doesn't leave any kind of sticky residue after "drying"and doesn't stiffen the hair at all

All in all I'm VERY satisfied with the results I got on Miki's default wig, the difference is like day and night.

images (1) - 2021-10-03T020434.768.jpeg

Thank you for this thorough review! I'll keep this in mind, I really like the Volks wax (I have 4 lol) but I tend to also use water wax when I'm flat ironing doll hair because it makes the hair stiff enough to prevent it from "bouncing" back into shape before the heat dissipates, but I end up wasting a lot of wax in the process lol, so this version would be good for that and I can use the Volks wax as a leave-in product. 

Will definitely try this one out!

Edited by Mizuumi-no-Otome