Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ateliervanilla

Can you use DD body parts on DDS body?

ateliervanilla

I was wondering if you could exchange the bust of a DDS using a DD bust. Has anybody done this before? Thank you in advance for your help!

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, ateliervanilla said:

I was wondering if you could exchange the bust of a DDS using a DD bust. Has anybody done this before? Thank you in advance for your help!

For certain this has been done with the older DDIII body, but I don’t know about f3 bodies. The upper torso frame on the f3 is much bulkier than the DDIII frame. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

abs2891

So, according to this, the internal frame for the upper body is the same, but the chests are not compatible - they also don’t share the same arms so my guess would be the vinyl torso is both too long and that arm fit will be off, though if anyone takes a swing at trying it, it may be close enough you can get away with it 🤷‍♀️

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/support/chart/

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, abs2891 said:

it may be close enough you can get away with it

There are some threads on the forum with photos from people who have done it. It can be done, but it's like any hybridization, it's not going to be perfect because DDS is a smaller body.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Meowjima

I have an old  DDIII L shapely bust on an f3 DDS body.  Or I did, and I had no problems beyond the upper torso occasionally popping off with the bust.  I saw no visible differences  I could take a few pictures, since I have to reassemble said body later today after some stain treatment.

• Like 1

Jezrah

Since the busts could be used interchangeably in the previous body generation, I don't see why they couldn't be in the current body generation. The vinyl parts didn't change, just the inner frame did, so it should still sit with the lower torso in the same way as before. 

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

ateliervanilla

So I managed to try it myself. I put a DD SS bust on a DDS III body:

spacer.png

I guess it ended up the way I wanted it to look! Fit like a glove!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL