Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Luden333

New DDf3 DDdy Towa legs are loose!

Luden333

I have only take a few pictures of her some standing and some sitting but now always one of her legs are loose and she can’t hold her leg up or hold her knee in the air. When I first got her she was able to do all this then I took the leg off to see the issue but nothing looked wrong the only thing I thought was odd was the bar that connects both the legs together, if it was just a little longer I don’t think there would be a problem. IDK I’m still new to this so maybe I’m missing something. Would appreciate any input thanks.

Meowjima

DDDy hips are kind of tricky.  I have to periodically take mine on the III frame apart or else she can't sit on her own, let alone stand.

finnleo
49 minutes ago, Luden333 said:

the only thing I thought was odd was the bar that connects both the legs together, if it was just a little longer I don’t think there would be a problem.

I think we went through this in the "infamous f3 hip problem" thread. 90-degree Sitting poses especially tend to tug the hip joints of the legs to come dislodged from the lower torso piece on both DD3 versions, the DD2 had locking tabs in its cross pin so this wasnt that big of a thing with it, but also limited posing.

The cross pin on DD3-f3's is actually precise in terms of lenght, its a 50/50 split between the hip joints in the legs. whats probably happened is that the D-shaped end of either, or both leg hipjoints isnt connecting with the corresponding slot inside the torso lower piece, causing it not to hold a pose. if the cross pin was longer the interlocking wouldnt happen at all and the legs would be even more floppy.

its a bit of a pain in the butt to get into place, but once you figure out what to look for it shouldnt too big of a problem in the future, and remembering to squish the hips whenever doing posing out of sitting one's.

OccultBeast

Something I realised with the DDDy f3 body is that like finnleo mentioned, the pin is the exact length, and if you don't push the two hip pieces together enough, they don't catch at all.  The vinyl thigh is actually pretty hollow, and once you get the pieces lined up, you have to press VERY hard on the two hips together to actually push the inner frame together.

I basically put the heel of my palms on either thigh, where I know the hip joint sits, and SQUEEZE the legs together.  You should eventually learn how to feel the inner frame through the vinyl parts, and know that you're pressing them together tightly enough.  If you press and then try to lift the leg, and it drops, you know you didn't press hard enough.  With practice you'll learn to re-press this joint back together after every time you pose her sitting, and learn just how hard to press, so it'll just become second nature.  DDDy hips really are just a bit cursed to begin with.  It's the price you pay for thick thighs~

Luden333

Hey thanks I got them on right now but it was sure not easy to do so.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
13 hours ago, Luden333 said:

Hey thanks I got them on right now but it was sure not easy to do so.

There is a guide to installing the legs here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/dollfie-dream/dd-f³-hip-joint-handling-tips/1271843123025761/

I believe the design of the hip / leg joint is intended to insure that the leg rotates around the ball in the thigh rather than rotating around the pin going through the lower torso frame. This allows for an adjustment screw to be installed on the ball and socket in the thigh. The adjustment screw is a great thing, but it necessitates a more complex joint that is harder to work with. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mayaiincho

The legs probably dislodged from the middle dowel that connects the legs. I have the same issues with my ddsf3 body. 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.