Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mayaiincho

Getting one of your Unicorns

mayaiincho

Thanks to a very generous person in the marketplace I was finally able to own a doll I've been drooling for the last eight years. Yuki Morikawa is absolutely adorable. 

/cheers 

Such happiness :)

It was like getting Alsty like 8 years ago.

20210711_001649.jpg

Edited by mayaiincho
  • Like 9

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Meowjima

Congratulations!

I'm really, really hoping a unicorn of mine is still on sale by the time I get the money for it.

baldylox

Ohh nice!  Congrats on getting your unicorn!  It's a feeling like no other isn't it?  8 years sure is a long time to be after one girl.  But it takes time tracking down these elusive and often expensive ladies.  

I'm glad you got her and that she's at a nice new home.  Do be sure to spoil her and share lots of pics of her with us!  :) 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mayaiincho
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

Ohh nice!  Congrats on getting your unicorn!  It's a feeling like no other isn't it?  8 years sure is a long time to be after one girl.  But it takes time tracking down these elusive and often expensive ladies.  

I'm glad you got her and that she's at a nice new home.  Do be sure to spoil her and share lots of pics of her with us!  :) 

Billy

Truly. She'll be Alsty's photo buddy from now on excluding backpacking trip. I'm still waiting to get Beatrice also and once I get her I may be mostly done collecting dolls unless volks release other cuties like Mash in future releases.

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, mayaiincho said:

She'll be Alsty's photo buddy from now on excluding backpacking trip.

You can take one body and multiple heads. Unless you specifically want to photo dolls together or are taking dolls with different bodies / colors, you don’t need to carry multiple bodies with you.   

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mayaiincho
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

You can take one body and multiple heads. Unless you specifically want to photo dolls together or are taking dolls with different bodies / colors, you don’t need to carry multiple bodies with you.   

Group photos 😛 Which also means I'll have to find another slightly larger backpack. I'm currently using my Osprey Daylight + atm which is enough to fit 1 doll, 1 mirrorless camera (+2 lens) and my other essentials.

Edited by mayaiincho

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, mayaiincho said:

Group photos 😛

Yeah, don’t have a solution for that one. XD

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Courtmom

I just got my grail off ebay from someone looking to rehome her! Eek I'm so excited for both you and me!

• Like 1

mayaiincho
5 hours ago, Courtmom said:

I just got my grail off ebay from someone looking to rehome her! Eek I'm so excited for both you and me!

Oooo awesome. I request pics :)

• Like 1

Courtmom
9 hours ago, mayaiincho said:

Oooo awesome. I request pics :)

For sure!!

I managed to get one of my grails, 2B on Mandarake for a good price. She isn’t perfect has some stains, but I’m happy I got her.

BeyondTime
14 minutes ago, QueenAnna said:

I managed to get one of my grails, 2B on Mandarake for a good price. She isn’t perfect has some stains, but I’m happy I got her.

Stains are easy to treat, just get some Dream Rescue from Volks. There are tips on usage here: 

You can always ask questions in the Care and Repairs section too. I have yet to find a doll that can’t be stain treated to make her good as new.

• Like 1

DreamDollDesign

I managed to get Sakura Miku from an awesome person in the marketplace. It was so wonderful, considering I thought I'd never own her unless Volks did a rerelease of her.

My final unicorn/grail is Kagamine Rin. After her I intend to make a Senzobakura Miku and also a tan custom Miku. If I were rich, I'd also try to make a Deep Sea Girl Miku, but that one is definitely impossible without a rerelease. Just can't personally justify that kind of money just for an outfit and wig.

Since Rin and Lin are so popular and from 2017, I keep hoping we'll see a rerelease of them soon.

• Like 1

moerunamida
On 8/3/2021 at 2:51 AM, DreamDollDesign said:

I managed to get Sakura Miku from an awesome person in the marketplace. It was so wonderful, considering I thought I'd never own her unless Volks did a rerelease of her.

My final unicorn/grail is Kagamine Rin. After her I intend to make a Senzobakura Miku and also a tan custom Miku. If I were rich, I'd also try to make a Deep Sea Girl Miku, but that one is definitely impossible without a rerelease. Just can't personally justify that kind of money just for an outfit and wig.

Since Rin and Lin are so popular and from 2017, I keep hoping we'll see a rerelease of them soon.

😄 So happy to have helped! I think I'd even be tempted by Rin and holy moly...a tan Miku? Yes, please!

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

DreamDollDesign
5 hours ago, Deyja said:

😄 So happy to have helped! I think I'd even be tempted by Rin and holy moly...a tan Miku? Yes, please!

Thank you again! I can't stop staring at her. She's just too precious.

In another thread @Tierparkzone shared a pic from Dollpoint and I just fell in love with tan Miku immediately. The casual look and that adorable pleated mini are killing me too.

Edited by DreamDollDesign
  • Like 1

Tierparkzone
On 8/5/2021 at 10:42 AM, DreamDollDesign said:

In another thread @Tierparkzone shared a pic from Dollpoint and I just fell in love with tan Miku immediately. The casual look and that adorable pleated mini are killing me too.

Always happy to be of (enabling) assistance. @onion20@

The info card at the bottom left of the image even lists everything you need if you want to put together your own. The tan body and 09 head being gated behind dream choice may be annoying, but at least it's not limited stuff...

fbc0e0f6101466a2b51c847cd4962a0b.jpg

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Like 2

Tasuke

Congrats!!! for my own part, after many years of seeing a tiny handful of examples of 2007's Megahouse/ALTER Collab

ToHeart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara 1/6 sit and rot on the BAY for around USD $300.00 (!!!!)

a copy of her finally popped up for just over $100 about a couple of years back, and, after buying an OBITSU 26 body for her,

i finally had my dream Anime Wife;

10063377a(1).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&

Konomi_and_Tenchi_3-16-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?

Konomi_Miko_10-19-21_3_RESIZE_30.jpg?wid

Konomi's_Silk_Undies_8-19-21_1_RESIZE_30

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 3

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

mayaiincho
14 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

The info card at the bottom left of the image even lists everything you need if you want to put together your own. The tan body and 09 head being gated behind dream choice may be annoying, but at least it's not limited stuff...

spacer.png

Tan Miku is hella awesome. Then of course is need like 9 sets of new tan hands also >~<

Is love to get another cute 006 head in tan for Alsty's alter ego. 

Edited by mayaiincho

DreamDollDesign
On 8/5/2021 at 12:12 AM, Tierparkzone said:

Thank you! Honestly, she's pretty enough to be worth the extra steps. I'm too unfamiliar with how dream choice works to know for sure - but is that particular faceup standard? The one downside is the brown eyebrows, but it still looks fine.

Also noticed the price -  around $1000?? I hope that includes lots of other stuff besides just the doll, eyes, and wig. Cause ouch.

abs2891
1 hour ago, DreamDollDesign said:

Thank you! Honestly, she's pretty enough to be worth the extra steps. I'm too unfamiliar with how dream choice works to know for sure - but is that particular faceup standard? The one downside is the brown eyebrows, but it still looks fine.

Also noticed the price -  around $1000?? I hope that includes lots of other stuff besides just the doll, eyes, and wig. Cause ouch.

The face up is standard, in this case it’s MO2 so the second style of make up for that head.  You can generally pick from 2-4 standard styles per head.  

The 1,000 includes the clothes and pricey Miku wig (~110 by itself).  The doll price alone is noted in the middle of the card but actually still includes the Miku wig, putting her at 76,780 yen.  With just a regular dream choice wig, a DD with one wig, eyes, and white slip dress should be 65,780 (that’s including tax so if you are able to shop tax free it’d be 59,800).  All of that to say, unless you go to Japan yourself, proxy fees are going to be a price hike regardless ><

Edit: You know, just realized, I’m pretty sure they made a math error and double counted the Miku Wig

Doll - 65,780

Miku Wig - 11,000

Clothes Set - 6,270

Shoes - 6,050

Total: 89,100

Still not cheap, but uh, better at least.

Edited by abs2891

DreamDollDesign
21 hours ago, abs2891 said:

The face up is standard, in this case it’s MO2 so the second style of make up for that head.  You can generally pick from 2-4 standard styles per head.  

The 1,000 includes the clothes and pricey Miku wig (~110 by itself).  The doll price alone is noted in the middle of the card but actually still includes the Miku wig, putting her at 76,780 yen.  With just a regular dream choice wig, a DD with one wig, eyes, and white slip dress should be 65,780 (that’s including tax so if you are able to shop tax free it’d be 59,800).  All of that to say, unless you go to Japan yourself, proxy fees are going to be a price hike regardless ><

Edit: You know, just realized, I’m pretty sure they made a math error and double counted the Miku Wig

Doll - 65,780

Miku Wig - 11,000

Clothes Set - 6,270

Shoes - 6,050

Total: 89,100

Still not cheap, but uh, better at least.

Thanks for the thorough explanation! I'm sure a proxy is going to be super expensive, plus shipping, but oh well. :] I'll just save up for her. Rin comes first anyways, but I'm hoping that she'll end up being rereleased soon, especially since we just had a rerelease of Emilia.

• Like 1

weslie

This makes me so happy!!! I am hoping for a unicorn to arrive in the mail soon... I'm so, so happy for you!!

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Tan Miku looks great. I'd love to return to Japan next year (assuming they reopen) so maybe she should be on my shopping list. We do already have Miku hair, so that's one less thing to buy.

I'm still puzzling over who to get for my second Dollfie. Towa has kind of decided she must be a DDS, but that's kind of as far as we have got. I nearly bought my second choice from last year (I ended up with Towa instead) but then I realised she has the old skeleton, not the DD-f3 so she's a little overpriced in my opinion.

One of my unicorns is currently available on Mandarake so I am tempted to just go for her and not worry about how much the insurance, shipping and import duties are going to be (they added 50% to my last order - ouch!).

I do have another unicorn (Haruhi Suzumiya) - she's not actually that rare or expensive but I don't know if I like the doll herself, maybe I'll just buy the outfit for somebody else to cosplay as her. When I last visited Japan Haruhi was everywhere so I have fond memories of her.

Oh and the unicorn I'm thinking of buying isn't Chii from Chobits - it's probably going to take a long time to find her (and she's quite a handful maintenance/restoration-wise).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Tierparkzone
11 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Tan Miku looks great. I'd love to return to Japan next year (assuming they reopen) so maybe she should be on my shopping list. We do already have Miku hair, so that's one less thing to buy.

Given that reentering Japan right now is still extremely cumbersome even for residents, I'm not sure how soon the borders will be opened up for tourists again. I do hope restrictions will finally be loosened next year, though.

If you're going for a tan dream choice, remember these are available only from April till September.

11 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I'm still puzzling over who to get for my second Dollfie...

That's part of the fun, when you're in the doll hobby. 😝

If you're not sure about the Haruhi DD, you might want to wait until you've seen the head in person. I don't think the design has aged terribly well - but that's my aesthetic preference.

Xiongmao

Thanks - yeah it's the Haruhi head I have issues with.

And thanks for letting me know about the Dream Choice - October's a great month to visit Japan but missing Tan Miku would be a shame. I went in April before though and Hanami was epic. Being there with a doll to photograph would be so cool.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.