Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
abs2891

How old are these eyes?

abs2891

Like the question says, I’ve never seen these before so am wondering what their story is lol (they came from the lucky bag for eyes)

8E1E45BA-0AFA-49CC-8B3F-B0F13D50C7C0.jpeg

finnleo

DD1 era packaging. I might be mistaken, but I think the first three types of optional eye's came in that packaging. then they moved to the small bags with one pair around the release of DD2's. Also not sure did they offer animetics for resins before the vinyl stuff.

But id say about 15-16 years old, maybe more.

have a box of type C's like that that came with a doll. I guess that perticular box was put aside since the corner is cut off.

• Like 1

abs2891

Thanks @finnleo !  Agree they must have been set aside for something and now are being cleared out.  Between these and the 1/6 dolls sales that were also from the early 2000’s it seems like they’ve been digging out the old back stock haha 

I like the look of the metallic ones so I’ll have to see if they suit any of my dolls. 

apag22

The positioning in the packaging is absolutely killing me =)) You got a piece of volks history in your blind bag!

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

finnleo
On 7/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, abs2891 said:

I like the look of the metallic ones so I’ll have to see if they suit any of my dolls. 

I was scratching my head why was it two pairs, and now you reminded me that was it one pair had the metallic foil effect, and the other was flat. and after awhile they all just were made metallic.

also found the blister and foam bit of mine, the card bit is still un-accounted for ... remembered a bit wrong, as mine were Type D's in 22mm and Sakura in color. Your pack is apparently missing the little sticker with the item info (unless its on the backside).

Subaru

ohh these look like the reallly really old type-a eyes. I think the packaging changed to the little baggies somewhere along the line to save space?

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy