Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lottiesagelesslands

Hi never been on a Forum Before

Lottiesagelesslands

Hi I was recommended to join this forum. I'm both interested in Smart dolls and Mini Dolfie dream dolls. I haven't been in a forum before now so I'm not entirely sure how it works. I am a doll collector but mainly of American Girl Dolls. I am saving up for my first smart doll. Either Oceana or Monday. I don't have very much money to spare so it's slow going. I would love to learn more about Mini dolfie dream dolls. They are so cute and I'd love to know more about them. I only really know that they are cute. Well Looking forward to talking to some people about dolls.

• Like 3

Dollvari

Hello,

Welcome!!!!😄 Take your time and look around. It always starts slow in the beginning.

I have a tea Monday love her, the mini's are too cute.

• Like 1

davidd

Forums work exactly as you did with this topic. If there's something you'd like information about or would like to discuss, start a new topic like you did here, with a descriptive title so other members will know what the discussion is about, and say what you have to say or ask what you have to ask.

Or, as you read through existing topics, if you have something to add to the conversation or questions to ask, type your reply in the box at the bottom and click "submit reply."

Those are the basics.

One thing to keep in mind - check the dates on topics you are replying to. Replying to a really old topic, one that has been dormant for several years, is frowned upon in some forums. If the most recent comment is from within the past year, you're probably fine (I'm not sure, myself, what the preferences are on this forum for "necro-ing," or bringing back "dead" topics).

It's usually a good idea to do some reading of various topics, even ones you might not be directly interested in, to get a "feel" for the tone of a forum. Some forums are extremely serious in nature and tone. Some are frivolous, silly, and veer wildly off-topic. Most, like this one, are somewhere in between - fun, not too uptight, and tolerant and helpful to new members.

So... welcome to your first forum!

• Like 1

cookimooon

Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too! I'm also quite new to forums in general, so I understand how you feel.

I think Mini Dollfies are super cute, too! Seeing photos of customized Mini Dollfies was what first got me into the hobby. 

• Like 1

Lottiesagelesslands

Thank you for the Advice. I'll definitely have to look around a bit more. I am glad there are others who are willing to help or figuring this out at the same time.

moerunamida

Hello, welcome! <3

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

apag22

Welcome! I have a mini dollfie dream AND two smart dolls! I have a huge collection of AG too! Welcome to the forum, I hope you can get a smart doll soon :) 

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Tasuke

i've been on forums since around 2006/2007. it took much of my tenure at my first forum to begin to grasp the hang of things,

but... after some bumps, bruises and a black-eye or three, well, i eventually came around to figuring it all out...

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Lottiesagelesslands

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am $260 into my savings for my first smart doll. Any advice for how to decide in between two dolls

apag22
2 hours ago, Lottiesagelesslands said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am $260 into my savings for my first smart doll. Any advice for how to decide in between two dolls

What I do when I am trying to make a choice, I flip a coin! If I feel a lil disappointed I go with the other choice :lol:

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

cookimooon
23 hours ago, Lottiesagelesslands said:

Whichever one speaks most to you, really! I would set promo pictures of dolls as my phone's home screen and lock screen, and I'd pick the one I was most excited about or liked the most as my lock screen, since that's the screen I see most often. 

Going past that, though... I start thinking about which one will be harder to find in the aftermarket later if I really, really want both (especially if they're both limited releases). And if you do have to resort to aftermarket, are you willing to pay possibly inflated prices? I'm not into Smart Dolls so I don't know what the aftermarket scene is like for them (I hear they get bought up real fast though). 

That's what I do, anyway! ^ ^ 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome. I got in this hobby because I wanted a Miku Hatsune Smart Doll, then I realised they don't exist so I bought a Dollfie Dream instead.

I didn't actually buy Miku because I'm not keen on the Snow Mikus. I ended up with my Dollfie Towa because she's a basic model so I can put her in whatever outfits I like and mostly I loved her innocent looking face.

Also I like Towa because she's much more curvy than Smart Dolls, plus I'm into anime/manga and there are loads of Dollfie outfits for this whereas Smart Dolls are a bit more street fashion focussed.

I do like the Smart Doll stands and Danny Choo was kind of a major influence in my deciding to go to Tokyo in 2007. I think my next doll will be a Dollfie Dream Sister, although the recent MDD are adorable and they keep getting better.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

muphryslaw

Whoa! Another American Girl Doll collector! What’s your preference, modern or historical, present day dolls or the older (even 80s white body dolls)?

Admittedly I need to scroll through more of these threads, but this wasn’t the doll hobby I thought I’d share with other people here (I was sure it’d be action figures, Pullip, or resin BJDs). It makes me wonder if there’s more shared between different vinyl doll communities than I thought…

• Like 1

Lottiesagelesslands

Honestly I don't have much of a preference. I own a good mix of Truly me, GOTY, and Historical dolls. I pretty much choose the dolls by what I found pretty. Some of my favorites from my colection is Lottie, my truly me 21, Kerstin, and My bald girl Nollie. But I just go oh she's cute I want her. Oh I also have gotten a lot of AG dolls second hand and fixed them up. My #37 I got for $20 and I got a #26 for $2. I'm really proud of my #26. I do have quite a few old pleasant company dolls. I just think they are adorable and only get Ag dolls currently if I find them second hand at thrift stores and such because I'm saving up for more expensive dolls but I will never leave an american girl doll for a great price at a thrift store.

I really want a pullip doll. They are so cute. I haven't ventured into that realm besides admiring the photos. I now own two resin Bjds both are tiny. But I love them a lot and I'm rather enjoying making things for them.

I have stumbled across quite a few AG collectors who also at least are interested in Smart dolls. So maybe there is more overlap.

muphryslaw

Nice! It’s sounds Like you have a wonderful collection! Do you have the older Truly Me 21 with the pincurls or the newer one? I think I might have at one point owned a #37 with her curls (but they were in terrible shape because I also got her used). I bought her because I wanted a medium skin Addy and she is beautiful! 

I have some older historicals from my childhood, but I definitely prefer the modern dolls today, particularly JLY4 and Sonali sculpts today, and I have Pullips, as I mentioned, but I tend to like the older Junplanning (and honestly even Cheonsang Cheonha) releases, so I’ve stopped actively buying them. As for resin BJDs, I’m a mostly SD collector, so I don’t know if I’d be familiar with your tiny brands and sculpts but I’d love to hear about them

Edited by muphryslaw

Lottiesagelesslands
On 8/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, muphryslaw said:

Do you have the older Truly Me 21 with the pincurls or the newer one?

Well you see I got her when I was 7, 2007. I have no recollection on whether or not she had Pincurls when she came to me but if she did they have been lost to years of play. She does have some wispy hairs framing her face that once might have been pincurls. I have a pleasant company Felicity that Still has her pincurls that I got second hand for Christmas one year. My collection has about 20 ag dolls in it. I don't have many sonali or Addy face molds in it because for a long while none of them where I had to have dolls. Though they are super pretty. JLY 4 is so pretty but I don't own her or her face sculpt.

I have an 9" doll who I named Etalynn that is a Jelly Tot doll sculpted by Berdine Creedy. I got her second hand but she is in great shape and even has a artist face up. I also have a Chibihana, which is about 7 CM tall that I got from an Etsy store. She is so tiny and cute. I have to customize her though. And I have a Polaris bjd, she is a free file on Thingaverse that you can 3d Print. She needed a lot of finishing work because my 3d printer is an inexpensive ABS printer so she had a lot of sanding to do. She's still in the works but she is Smart doll sized.

I have quite a few other play line dolls as well.

• Like 1

Lottiesagelesslands
On 8/6/2021 at 10:25 PM, apag22 said:

What I do when I am trying to make a choice, I flip a coin! If I feel a lil disappointed I go with the other choice :lol:

I have solved my problem. I'm buying a blank Monday head, Because I wanna try a faceup on a smart doll, and getting the Full Oceana doll. I found a Blank head from someone on Instagram. It's pretty exciting.

Lottiesagelesslands
On 8/7/2021 at 7:56 PM, cookimooon said:

Whichever one speaks most to you, really!

I have solved my problem. I'm buying a blank Monday head, Because I wanna try a faceup on a smart doll, and getting the Full Oceana doll. I found a Blank head from someone on Instagram. It's pretty exciting. Then I will just have a floating head for a while but I figure if I hate it I can find her a body eventually.

battrastard
On 8/26/2021 at 1:20 PM, muphryslaw said:

Admittedly I need to scroll through more of these threads, but this wasn’t the doll hobby I thought I’d share with other people here (I was sure it’d be action figures, Pullip, or resin BJDs). It makes me wonder if there’s more shared between different vinyl doll communities than I thought…

We're a rather multi-diverse band of folks here, figures, dollfies, resin, small figures (poseable or not). 

You can find nearly anything here, it just takes some searching...... have some fun, look around! 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Lottiesagelesslands
On 8/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, Xiongmao said:

Welcome.

I really like both Dollfie and Smart dolls. I plan on making most of my outfits for my smart doll though I will agree that I like Dolfie's outfits better. So many pretty dresses. I Really like MDD's especially. I want one at some point. They are so freaking cute.

• Like 1

Lottiesagelesslands
On 7/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, apag22 said:

Welcome! I have a mini dollfie dream AND two smart dolls! I have a huge collection of AG too! Welcome to the forum, I hope you can get a smart doll soon :) 

Got $300 dollars in. It's getting real

• Like 1

battrastard
4 minutes ago, Lottiesagelesslands said:

I Really like MDD's especially. I want one at some point. They are so freaking cute.

My MDDs

I will admit that they're awesome! I have two MDDs and an Obitsu 40, and I'm getting two more at the end of the year. I agree, they're adorable!

• Like 1

Lottiesagelesslands
5 minutes ago, battrastard said:

I will admit that they're awesome! I have two MDDs and an Obitsu 40, and I'm getting two more at the end of the year. I agree, they're adorable!

AHHH!!!! They are so cute! What is your little White haired one? Such an adorable face. I don't have a clue what sort of Face molds they have for MDD. I just feel like squealing every time I see them.

• Like 1

battrastard
7 minutes ago, Lottiesagelesslands said:

AHHH!!!! They are so cute! What is your little White haired one? Such an adorable face. I don't have a clue what sort of Face molds they have for MDD. I just feel like squealing every time I see them.

That's Yukiko, she's a Volks Dollfie Dream DDH01, (unmodified, there's lots of 01's here, mostly "modded".... i.e. face-ups, sanded, or widened eyes, etc. a very versatile head, to be honest..  ) on an Obistu 40 body. 

• Like 1

Veravey
On 8/6/2021 at 8:55 PM, Lottiesagelesslands said:

Welcome~ 

Look at all their features, and really study their expressions. I settled on Moment in the end because she has a more unique expression with her mouth just barely open. <3 Also visualize what kind of photos you'd like to take and how you'd like to dress them, that might help you decide between them.

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif