Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lottiesagelesslands

Hi never been on a Forum Before

muphryslaw
On 8/28/2021 at 9:37 PM, Lottiesagelesslands said:

Well you see I got her when I was 7, 2007. I have no recollection on whether or not she had Pincurls when she came to me but if she did they have been lost to years of play. She does have some wispy hairs framing her face that once might have been pincurls. I have a pleasant company Felicity that Still has her pincurls that I got second hand for Christmas one year.

I have an 9" doll who I named Etalynn that is a Jelly Tot doll sculpted by Berdine Creedy. I got her second hand but she is in great shape and even has a artist face up. I also have a Chibihana, which is about 7 CM tall that I got from an Etsy store. She is so tiny and cute. I have to customize her though. And I have a Polaris bjd, she is a free file on Thingaverse that you can 3d Print. She needed a lot of finishing work because my 3d printer is an inexpensive ABS printer so she had a lot of sanding to do. She's still in the works but she is Smart doll sized.

I have quite a few other play line dolls as well.

Truly me 21 is a really popular collectors doll right now in the younger AG collecting age group  (with the pincurls) so that’s why I asked. I wasn’t sure when you’d acquired her

So you collect child tinies/YoSD and a mature 3D printed SD, for off topic BJDs? I think it’s really interesting when people collect dolls of different sizes. My BJDs were almost exclusively SD for a while and now I’m sneaking into YoSD. 

On 8/28/2021 at 9:43 PM, battrastard said:

We're a rather multi-diverse band of folks here, figures, dollfies, resin, small figures (poseable or not). 

You can find nearly anything here, it just takes some searching...... have some fun, look around! 

I didn’t intend to offend, but surely people have some expectations when going into a community as to what might interest them primarily and merely be interested when it isn’t the case? I have been looking around and in general, I do see people liking a lot of things I would think go together with the hobby: Pullips, Pureneemo, TinyFox, Anime, etc. 

I think it’s far more compelling rather than to gloss over the unexpected, to examine it: What about American Girls and vinyl BJDs might attract people. Surely you wouldn’t suggest it’s merely the material. Can we not find that interesting? 

Lottiesagelesslands
On 9/1/2021 at 2:58 PM, muphryslaw said:

Truly me 21 is a really popular collectors doll right now in the younger AG collecting age group  (with the pincurls) so that’s why I asked. I wasn’t sure when you’d acquired her

So you collect child tinies/YoSD and a mature 3D printed SD, for off topic BJDs? I think it’s really interesting when people collect dolls of different sizes. My BJDs were almost exclusively SD for a while and now I’m sneaking into YoSD.

I got her when I was little because we had the same exact hair color and she was the closest to a look alike. I do currently have more childlike dolls then I do mature dolls. I would consider getting more mature tinies but haven't found any I like currently. I have never felt compelled to stay in one size of dolls. I can make clothing so that doesn't really add to the cost. I just get whatever doll speaks to me and I can afford.

I have no Idea what about American girl dolls and vinyl BJDs are attracting the same crowd. I would say it probably isn't just the same material. After all I didn't know that smart dolls where vinyl when I first clicked on the video about them.