Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ateliervanilla

Attaching Dollfie Dream Head on Obitsu Body with new neckpiece

ateliervanilla

I just bought a new Obitsu 45cm body. I am struggling to get the neck piece out and it seems to be the new neck piece. Can this still work with a Dollfie Dream head?

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

abs2891

This one? 
74FA5320-B8DD-4C93-AB6D-53E27433387F.jpeg.d628a32d1198bae96fea2fa662eb0b91.jpeg

If so, for removal add some heat - it can be a little tight.  And it can be hybridized with DD, but not sure that’s what you have?

• Like 1

AlisonVonderland

I bought a 40cm body a few months ago direct from Obitsu and although it can often be hard to get the neck piece out for the first time. Oh myyyyy this one was the worst thing I've ever experienced. And another friend had the same trouble with hers. To get mine to come out I eventually had to make myself a tool out of part of a wire coat hanger to give me a better leverage to pull it out by hand without breaking or damaging it. 

Aside from how terrible all that was, yes, you can absolutely use it with a DD head. You will want to have a small screwdriver to be able to disassemble it and then reassemble it around the DD head but without using the middle round plastic part (between the sprint and the bottom most peg) or at least, that's the way that I've always been doing it. 

• Like 1

abs2891

Yeah in terms of hybridizing it, remove the round plastic part and you are good to go though head mobility is a little less than if it were on a DD body.  It’s easier if you can have an extra pair of hands to help hold things in place as you assemble but it can be done solo, speaking from experience.  Only other tip I’d note is that to help ensure against your DD head developing cracks from the spring you can place a plastic washer between the spring and head - saw that advice given elsewhere in here and so picked one up from the hardware store to slide in just to be safe. 

Edited by abs2891
  • Like 2

ateliervanilla
On 7/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, abs2891 said:

This one? 
74FA5320-B8DD-4C93-AB6D-53E27433387F.jpeg.d628a32d1198bae96fea2fa662eb0b91.jpeg

If so, for removal add some heat - it can be a little tight.  And it can be hybridized with DD, but not sure that’s what you have?

I guess mine didn't have the longer neck piece.

Sorry I took awhile to respond, I managed to hybridize my DDH22 head to an Obitsu 45! 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL