Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bharts

Hi there!

bharts

Hey, I'm Nikki!

I kind of fell out of the BJD hobby years ago, but have always been interested in Obitsus and have taken to making 1/6 scale vinyl dolls of my OCs over the past year or so - they definitely suit me better, either for the scale or because you don't have to handle them as carefully, haha. 

I'm hoping they'll be on-topic here - one is on a (modified) 27cm Obitsu body, but I sculpted his head (as well as my other doll's, and will be with most future dolls as well) myself, and the other has a Poptoys body - but they still fit the criteria in the guidelines, I think. 💦 It's been kind of difficult to find a community they'd fit into, since they're not really the same aesthetic as most "art dolls" and aren't bjds lol,,, (I had actually tried sculpting BJD bodies for them at first, but they didn't pose too well and I gave up lmao)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! 

• Like 3

Oculae

Hey, another OC sheller! Welcome!

Most of my vinyls were OCs before they were dolls, it's so fun trying to get the customization just right. I've got a friend who's into the 1/6 Obitsus as well, and yeah, it's definitely a struggle trying to find a place that considers them on topic, they're a weird in-between kind of doll. Which is a shame, they're lovely and I'd love to see more of them!

Do you have any pictures of your boys? I'm so curious about the sculpted heads. :0

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

bharts

Hey, thanks!

For sure - it can be a bit frustrating when you can't find parts that suit them just right, but it definitely adds to the challenge!

Here are some recent photos of Eirnin (Obitsu body) and Reyn (Poptoys body):

https://bhcrafts.tumblr.com/post/657349087384027136/made-art-dollsbjds-sort-of-of-my-ocs-eirnin-and

There are a few more as well as progress photos on my Instagram (warning for some bloody/mildly gory art):

https://www.instagram.com/bh_fic/

I'd love to see your OC dolls too!

• Like 1

Oculae

OMG WOW, I was expecting cool, but those two are incredible! I almost can't believe you sculpted those heads yourself, they're so well done! They have such personality in their designs too, I already wanna know more about them! 🌟👀🌟

I've got all my dolls in this thread, but I gotta share my boy Eiran here specifically:

spacer.png

Eiran's an alchemist, tinkerer, and healer from a fantasy setting I've been slowly putting together. He's my favorite OC and has been around for YEARS now, so having him as a doll is a dream. His name is also coincidentally similar to your boy's name, and that absolutely delights me! 

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

bharts

Ohh, that's so awesome!! I love his design *_* his character sheet looks amazing (and the little props you have for him are adorable, haha).

Eir-name gang 👀  

(And thank you!!)