The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cookimooon

My first doll! Iris Collect Petit Suzune! (Goth x Loli Cats) [NSFW - Doll Nudity]

cookimooon

Like it says on the tin - my first doll!! I've wanted an anime-styled doll for several years now, and I'm so excited to finally be the proud owner of one. I actually got her last week (feels like I've had her for so much longer), but I wanted to be patient about getting photo insertion privileges (lol) and also... I just hadn't gotten around to it until now haha. 

I've barely seen any talk about this series of dolls in the forum, so I thought it might be interesting if I described my experience with unboxing her and dressing her. If you want to skip all that you can go ahead and scroll down! Maybe I'll turn someone with only a passing interest into a fan lol. Without further ado then...

imageedit_1_2590550720.jpg.9bed2eaa2b79ca6de608d9525d0ee087.jpg

First here is the front of her box. She is the direct store version! I found that the reason why the box is all wrapped up in plastic is because this is actually the slip cover for the actual box, which is plain white. An attempt was made to slide the cover back on the box after she was dressed and set up on my shelf, but that attempt failed and the slip cover ripped... it's a really tight fit. I was pretty upset about that. Anyway, 

imageedit_4_2304160063.jpg.cb6018ae9de3d333dce11f78514dc657.jpg

imageedit_7_5448221890.jpg.f63a8cfa35690171f33e19f933d237c6.jpg

imageedit_9_5540439824.jpg.de58918677108fb778ca2e8e8bddd391.jpg

Opening the box, lifting the bubble wrap to reveal her, and finally emptying the box of its contents: my doll, her wig, every last bit of her clothes, and the magnetic disk stand she comes with.

So, about dressing her, I had a bit of trouble with this... I've said before that this is my first doll so I'm not sure what's typical, but when taking off her hands in order to put on her blouse, her right hand slid off like a dream, but her left hand was a nightmare to wrench off. She just didn't want to let go of it, and I accidentally ended up taking out the inner "bone" of her lower left arm before I finally popped that thing off. I was so afraid I broke her or something omg... I jammed that part back in, got her blouse on, and put her hands back on... and she seems fine, so hopefully she is.

Also, her shoes! Her shoes are adorable, but putting them on her feet was a production in itself. I could barely get them on her! They felt like they were too small. I barely managed to get one of them on fully (with her heel actually in the shoe). The second one just wouldn't let her heel in and I let it be. I had some difficulty putting her wig on as well, but I'm willing to chalk that up to me just being new to this. Her wig was crooked the first time I put it on her, so I took it off her and put it back on and it was easier the second time (and not crooked). 

One more thing: almost all of the plastic pouches that her clothes individually came in ripped when I opened them. Have you ever tried removing the plastic film on a TV dinner, and it split apart instead of cleanly coming off? That's pretty much what happened. I thought that might be noteworthy.

imageedit_12_6603650085.jpg.b069111b7cdc4151e869412a16da8344.jpg

After (almost) all was said and done, here she is! I said "almost" because she is barefoot and notably missing her purse and cape as well. That magnetic disk stand is quite strong, even through her cute white knee socks, but her shoes have heels and of course the magnets aren't so strong as to work through them. As for her purse and cape: the purse was actually the only item I didn't really care for out of her set, and while I do like her cape, I'm just admiring her without it right now. Please be assured I do plan to put her cape on her at some point, as well as use a proper stand so she may wear her shoes! Also, please forgive the lighting: I have a good overhead light, as well as a window letting in sunlight, but my phone pictures are gonna look the way they're gonna look. 

imageedit_14_3901961774.jpg.4b2798991045e48e2eb73a2567ecd8d1.jpg

That's it! I'm so incredibly happy with her. My pictures aren't the best, but I feel that simply no picture does her justice, especially her metallic eyes. I love having her on my bookshelf, I can just look up from what I'm doing and see her there. It's almost reassuring in a way... She's just so beautiful and lovely. She was absolutely worth it. I was thinking I would rename her to Flora... you can do that, right? Thank you for looking ~ 

• Like 12

BeyondTime

Congrats.

4 minutes ago, cookimooon said:

I've barely seen any talk about this series of dolls in the forum

Iris Collects have a pretty devoted following here, but I suspect those folks aren’t as numerous as the Angel Philia fans. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AngryPomeranian

Wow, congrats! She's a little cutie for sure! Also, Flora is a lovely name; I think it fits her very well. :)

• Like 1

Starr

She's a cutie! I haven't personally seen many of the Azone dolls, but it's really just for lack of looking. I was under the impression that their eyes were not able to be changed, but she looks like she could have them switched out! I love her fullset outfit too, I just might need to tumble down the rabbit hole and look deeper into them, since your girly is precious! <3<3<3 

• Like 1

battrastard

Flora is a perfect name for a sweetie like her! 

She's your girl now, there's no hard and fast rule saying you need to keep the name she came with, none of mine have.

Be creative, see what wigs, outfits, and, by the ad I read about her, her eyes look to be interchangeable, too. 

Welcome to the insanity, and have FUN with your new little one! 

Rick

Edited by battrastard
re worded sentence
  • Like 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Oculae

What a beauty! I love her wig and expression, they really make her look as goth loli as her title implies.

If you want to use the magnet stand with her shoes, you can glue some small rare earth magnets on the underside of the shoe, in that little depression just before the heel. If you use thin enough magnets, they're invisible for photos and won't affect how she stands without a stand, but they'll be strong enough to keep her on the stand with ease! I figured that trick out a few months into owning my Obitsu collection, they use magnetic stands as well.

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

SoVR

Congratulations ! She looks so cute !

• Like 1

Twiggy

I'm very happy for you! They say you never forget your first doll, right?

Her hair's color is so sweet, and that little mouth! Maybe you already said it, then I'm blind, but what's her height?

• Like 1

cookimooon
21 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Maybe you already said it, then I'm blind, but what's her height?

Iris Collect Petit is Azone's 45cm line of dolls! 1/3 scale ^ ^ 

• Like 1

nami
1 hour ago, cookimooon said:

Iris Collect Petit is Azone's 45cm line of dolls! 1/3 scale ^ ^ 

I think it's a little confusing that Azone classifies the Iris Collect Petit line as 1/3. I would personally consider them more 1/4 scale since there is also the Iris Collect line that's 50cm tall (and also called 1/3 scale). And as far as I know, it doesn't seem like Iris Collect Petit and Iris Collect can share clothes...?

Edited by nami
  • Like 1

Oculae

They're probably following Parabox and Obitsu's conventions there, since their bigger dolls use the Obitsu frame.

Obitsu's 48-50cm dolls are technically considered a small 1/3 size, and so Parabox followed suit with that with their smaller vinyl bodies. Which means every vinyl those two make that's 40cm tall or higher is "1/3". It's extremely annoying, which is why I just specify the height when talking about mine because it's more accurate.

Iris Collect can wear some 1/4 scale clothes, but it's a gamble for each thing you try on. So, it's not impossible, but don't bet on them being able to share!

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

zaada

She's so cute! Congratulations. I love her eyes, they really stand out. 

• Like 1

Ari_clefairy

Congrats on your first doll! She is so adorable!😍 The new Azones with the inset eyes are such a step up from the old ones

• Like 1

nanika

Welcome to the community!  I'm always glad to see a fellow Azone collector.  I have about 11 Iris Collects myself 🤣 (1 of which is a Petit).  (Also have 4 of the Azone licensed character 45cm dolls too, which share the same body.)  

Wigs can be a bit of a struggle to get on, especially the first time.  This applies to nearly all dolls-- Azone, Volks, etc. 

Those plastic pouches for the clothes do like to tear, especially for the larger ones.  Sometimes I'll just use a pair of scissors and cut the flap open, rather than deal with the seal causing a tear.

Shoes can be tight, but that is necessary to keep them on.  You'll get the hang of it eventually.  Boots can also be tough, but they do go in.  

As for taking off hands-- if it's really tight, try twisting as you pull out on the wrist joint (while holding the arm shell with your other hand).  I think the Azone 45cm wrist rods are a bit tighter than the 50cm Azone ones, as they have to be shorter for the arms.  (The 45cm Azones use the same standard Obitsu 50 wrist joints, but they are manually cut shorter.)  If you want additional hand poses, you can get the Obitsu 50 hand packs (there's only 2 hand packs, and they're quite cheap, especially compared to Volks or Smart Doll.)

• Like 2

Riesz

Also, if you're having trouble with removing the hands, try heating up the vinyl a bit with a hair dryer. For some reason I have a lot more trouble with Obitsu hands and I have to almost always use the hair dryer to warm them up and make the vinyl pliable so that I can change out the hands.

• Like 1

muphryslaw

Thank you for posting body photos! I’ve been trying to find them elsewhere online with only minimal success. It’s interesting to me that these dolls use the Azone outer skin but seem so similar in aesthetic to me to the new Obitsu 24 and 26cm bodies in the torso…

• Like 1

Satou

I think i'm late for the party but CONGRATS!!! She is trully a cutie and i hope you've been having fun all this time together. ❤️💞