Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
zaada

Hi from Australia/USA!

zaada

Hello! 
I'm zaada and I'm living in Australia :) I'll be moving to the states soon  where I'll be united with my new vinyl doll ( and my husband 😉 ). Its expensive shipping things from one side of the world to the other so I'm sending all my mail over to the USA rather than having it with me first. I want to open my dolly mail so bad! hahaha I've only had BJDs really, and blythe/holala. But recently I have bought Angel Philia! My friends have smart dolls here and they look amazing but are way too big for me! I might look at getting one when the MSD size is out.

I would love to make doll friends in NYC/NJ area as that's where I will be moving and would love to have a doll meet! 

Anyway, I hope everyone who reads this is having a fantastic night/day and has dolly mail on the way! 

Edited by zaada
  • Like 2

Dollvari

Hi,

Welcome, that's a big move sounds exciting. I've traveled to NYC/NJ for work and have always enjoyed it.

Which Angel Philia did you get, I have a few and love them?

cookimooon

Welcome to the forum!! It sounds like you've got a lot of exciting things going on! I've never even been outside of my country, been in the same place for the vast majority of my life so that big move sounds incredibly exciting. I hope you adjust well! 

I am tempted to ask though - what's more exciting, the big move or the fact that you will have your dolly mail waiting for you? XD 

zaada
9 hours ago, Dollvari said:

Hi,

Welcome, that's a big move sounds exciting. I've traveled to NYC/NJ for work and have always enjoyed it.

Which Angel Philia did you get, I have a few and love them?

I bought  a Kumi off of someone who didn't like her when she arrived, so I'm super excited as I loved the sculpt as soon as I saw her. I think I might get her faceup redone, so if you have any recommendations on artists please let me know! I definitely want more though, I love the size and they have so many cute sculpts.

zaada
26 minutes ago, cookimooon said:

Welcome to the forum!! It sounds like you've got a lot of exciting things going on! I've never even been outside of my country, been in the same place for the vast majority of my life so that big move sounds incredibly exciting. I hope you adjust well! 

I am tempted to ask though - what's more exciting, the big move or the fact that you will have your dolly mail waiting for you? XD 

Thank you!!!! I hope you get to travel one day! I was actually born overseas and moved to Australia when I was younger so I don't seem to settle anywhere for too long haha I'm excited to live in the USA with my husband because it'll be so much easier to holiday places too, Australia is very isolated from the rest of the world and it costs an arm and a leg even to go to the otherside of the country T-T 

Its a hard choice, especially because at least the dolly mail is stress free 😉 The move is so much effort, 30 hours of plane travel T-T and lots of packing T-T

Edited by zaada
  • Like 1

abs2891

Hi!  I am currently moving from Japan to NYC so let me join you in packing woes.  I’ve gotten tired of sorting things haha

I know there’s a group of doll collectors on DOA that meet up monthly in NYC (so long as covid conditions allow) so there should be people for us to find ^^

• Like 1

zaada
3 hours ago, abs2891 said:

Hi!  I am currently moving from Japan to NYC so let me join you in packing woes.  I’ve gotten tired of sorting things haha

I know there’s a group of doll collectors on DOA that meet up monthly in NYC (so long as covid conditions allow) so there should be people for us to find ^^

Its so bad!!! I didn't realise how much of a pain it would be to get a container to ship everything haha I'm heavily debating selling everything and starting again hahahaha

Oh thats great! Yes, I would love to try and make dolly friends, other than my husband I won't know anyone haha. It's scary!

Xiongmao

Wow I'm so envious as my first overseas holiday on my own was to NYC and it was incredible. I was so blown away by that trip that I went to Tokyo a couple of years later.

On the other hand I have a Dollfie Dream and she's amazing. Yes they're big (and heavy!) but they are amazing in real life and also highly collectible. I'm sure I'll end up with a house full of them.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.