Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
muphryslaw

Question about Dollyteria

muphryslaw

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it doesn’t fit neatly into the other on-topic categories, nor is it an off-topic doll.

Does anyone know how to navigate Dollyteria? 

If I’m looking up something specific and can lookup the Japanese keyword for the name, I do fine. If I use Yahoo! Japan’s search engine of all things, find the item number from the listing, and search on their site, I do fine.

How the heck do I search for just “doll” (not clothes)? Are there categories? I find the interface confusing because there’s so many screenshots of Japanese text that therefore cannot be translated by my web browser.

I’ve found cool things there in the past, but I just can’t seem to navigate the darn thing! 

muphryslaw

Huh. I never thought about this but perhaps it’s because I’m on mobile because I don’t see those choices when I load the page. I’ll have to try desktop at home. Maybe I’ve been dumb about this 🤦‍♀️

abs2891

The mobile site for Dollyteria is pretty awful - if you switch to desktop, even on mobile, you’ll see category buttons off to the right for super dollfie, dollfie Dream, obitsu etc.  and if you click those then you’ll be taken to a page with similar buttons at the top for filtering to dolls, clothes etc. for each line.  This has been the best way I can figure out to use their site as their search bar (as you’ve noticed) brings back far too many results and is difficult to narrow down, though when I’m being lazy and want to look for doll bodies, I’ll search by the doll type, say SDGR and then filter most expensive to least - that’s really the only thing it works well for though 

• Like 2

muphryslaw

Thank you so much for the added detail! I guess this was all a really noob move. I kept thinking, “there’s no way this website is organized like this; it’s got to be something I’m doing!” 

Thank you both for the help! 

ragnamuffin

Not sure if I’m missing something from what’s already been said, but you can filter by category on the mobile site. It’s the blue button at the bottom that says “List of product categories” (商品カテゴリー覧) above “Payment method/shipping” (支払方法/送料). Click here.

Edited by ragnamuffin

muphryslaw
On 8/30/2021 at 1:17 AM, ragnamuffin said:

Not sure if I’m missing something from what’s already been said, but you can filter by category on the mobile site. It’s the blue button at the bottom that says “List of product categories” (商品カテゴリー覧) above “Payment method/shipping” (支払方法/送料). Click here.

Thank you! I didn’t see that either! 

plasticyears

dollyteria is amazing! 💗 imo they have a really lovely customer service team and are good at answering queries. Also, I think the default shipping method is EMS, but if that's expensive in your country (like it is in mine), then you can request in the checkout process/order comments that e-packet shipping is used instead. I use dollyteria a lot, so if you have any more questions I'm happy to answer. 

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I know it's off-topic, but it is just hilarious to me how little Japanese stores care about Barbie. Someone who knows their dolls could make a killing. 

I know why Barbie is so cheap over there. I am just highly amused at seeing $300-$400 USD dolls listed for $50 (in yen, approximately).