The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

samseramsamsam

"DD Superstretch" (bodysuit by requiemartdesigns)

samseramsamsam

Okay, bear with me, I'm a total sewing noob. And sewing by hand... Any tips are welcome! IMG_20210827_173452_225.jpg.62fb45e8354611eb6e35ff5a4eeaada8.jpg

But I managed to snag a cocoa Monday SD head - and have no cocoa body. So, instead of braving dye, or even knitting a bodysuit for my old Obitsu60, I found a great pattern for a bodysuit, by requiemartdesigns! To test if I even understand, I used an old Tshirt. Of course, that is not stretchy enough, but yielded an adorable footie Pyjama! 

Now, unfortunately the brown fabric I ordered, though advertised as "stretch", is not very stretchy. I'll try to assemble a suit, but will look for better fabric. Can you advise me which kind of fabric would be "stretchy"? 

(and yes, of course I could buy a bodysuit and dye it, but where would be the fun in that 😉 on that note, does anyone know if DD Sister bodysuit would fit the old Obitsu60?) 

finnleo

Womens pantyhose in a suitable denier rating ? should have a choise in tone too, though I guess selection will vary from store to store.

(the first maid outfit book recommended 80 den for the undergarments.)

samseramsamsam
5 hours ago, finnleo said:

Womens pantyhose in a suitable denier rating ? should have a choise in tone too, though I guess selection will vary from store to store.

(the first maid outfit book recommended 80 den for the undergarments.)

Ooh that sounds like a great idea! 

But is this very hard to sew? Won't the pantyhose simply fall apart once cut...? 

finnleo
11 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

But is this very hard to sew? Won't the pantyhose simply fall apart once cut...? 

Well, unfortunately this does go beyond my personal experience and/or expertease if I am brutally honest...

im guessing the thicker denier stuff isnt as bad to work with (as I mentioned the maid-fuku book called for 80den or higher "tights"), compared to the thinner (30den or so that I usually see in places) that apparently rips if you even look at it the wrong way.

but someone who knows better might have the answer to this.

• Like 1

Jezrah

Indeed, if I need a good four way stretch fabric and the pieces don't have to be too large, I often buy opaque tights or even underwear. The opaque tights won't run when cut. I've never tried to use sheer pantyhose though, so I'm not sure on those. I would guess that the thicker type would hold up to cutting but am not so sure of the thin type that snags and runs easily. 

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

samseramsamsam

Thanks for tips! I found an old brown woolen pantyhose (that I grew out of), so I cut that up. We'll see how it goes!

samseramsamsam

Hehehe okay so it'll most likely be high collars, looong sleeves and hiding hands for this one 😅

IMG_20210830_223817_467.jpg.12831b4d47a6bc881b348f5ed2f8263d.jpg