Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News #93

Beani

@Monty You mentioning boy MDD collabs made me think this kinda opens the door for Ciel to be made. Given the partnership with Square Enix it’s not completely unthinkable.

Monty

The whole aesthetic of Black Butler kinda lends itself more to SD than DD IMO, but you never know - especially because resin versions of the characters already exist across at least two brands so vinyl would be a nice change of pace.
The first boy I thought of was actually Hanako-kun but I don’t really think he’s popular enough. Mainly I’m just interested to see if it gets used for any collabs at all since it might not necessarily be. (Then again I thought the same about mochiashi, so, again, who knows)

• Like 1

Poofiemus
17 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

@Monty says it's Oct 9th.

Thanks so much!  So really not that long.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Anna-neko

aaaaaaaah!! Elf-ears!!!  I am ready to throw my wallet at teh website immediately
Designer stuff looks So Good, but do my girls really wanna suffer weeks of stain-treatments afterwards.....

toughstermcg

If they developed a boy MDD for collaboration models....could it finally be time for Cardcaptor Sakura with dolls of both Sakura and Syaoran?

Emil

I didn't see it posted already so here's the volks blog post! Includes stuff about ddh-27, mdd body and elf ears with pretty pictures.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2021/09/22/004128.html

• Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Poofiemus

Bummer the ears are only Dream Choice, they'd suit Asphodel. Ah well.

So I know the date is the 9th, did they say a time? IIRC the usual time is like 10am Japan time but I haven't done an international click war in quite a while.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Veravey

Ooooh! Are those kirin horns? Either way, I'm so excited for them and the non-furry kitsune ears. And of course the elf ears!

Were/are any of these parts only part of Super Dollfie full-set dolls? Are they individual? I couldn't quite understand the scans.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Beani
6 hours ago, Veravey said:

Ooooh! Are those kirin horns? Either way, I'm so excited for them and the non-furry kitsune ears. And of course the elf ears!

Were/are any of these parts only part of Super Dollfie full-set dolls? Are they individual? I couldn't quite understand the scans.

The elf ears are dream choice exclusive and the horns and other ears are Full Choice exclusive. Shame. The horns look great. 

• Sad 1

Oni-Chan

I haven't bought from volks for a long time, but some items have caught my eye :)

But can someone please update me on the membership thing? Thanks in advance 😀

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

abs2891
1 hour ago, Oni-Chan said:

I haven't bought from volks for a long time, but some items have caught my eye :)

But can someone please update me on the membership thing? Thanks in advance 😀

Global membership is about $8 - you get into a very low reward points system, can get the latest volks news free with an order for about a month after it drops, and the ability to buy things limited to members, this time it’s the ice skates and the lotteries for dolls in November.  Other dolls may also require membership in the future but generally, volks gives advance warning so you can wait to buy until you need it. 

someday, they will also add additional perks for when you visit Japan - specifically you will need the membership to enter their flagship store for resin in Kyoto, can do resin full choice and enter for one offs which didn’t use to be possible (but it remains to be clear logistically how this will all work since it’s never been in service due to covid border closures) - never really thought much about it, but once you’re in Japan, even as a tourist, everything vinyl is pretty much available to you whereas the resin used to have parts locked behind memberships only available to Japanese residents which yeah, basically this GL membership is supposed to open up

Edited by abs2891
  • Thanks 1

Oni-Chan
3 hours ago, abs2891 said:

Global membership is about $8 - you get into a very low reward points system, can get the latest volks news free with an order for about a month after it drops, and the ability to buy things limited to members, this time it’s the ice skates and the lotteries for dolls in November.  Other dolls may also require membership in the future but generally, volks gives advance warning so you can wait to buy until you need it. 

someday, they will also add additional perks for when you visit Japan - specifically you will need the membership to enter their flagship store for resin in Kyoto, can do resin full choice and enter for one offs which didn’t use to be possible (but it remains to be clear logistically how this will all work since it’s never been in service due to covid border closures) - never really thought much about it, but once you’re in Japan, even as a tourist, everything vinyl is pretty much available to you whereas the resin used to have parts locked behind memberships only available to Japanese residents which yeah, basically this GL membership is supposed to open up

Thank you!

So if I just want to buy a few outfit sets, I don't need to sign up yet? 😅 

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Monty
2 hours ago, Oni-Chan said:

Thank you!

So if I just want to buy a few outfit sets, I don't need to sign up yet? 😅 

You won’t need GL membership for the outfit releases other than the ice skates atm. Anything you need GL membership for is clearly marked.

Like abs2891 said, there will be a special lottery in November (as part of an anniversary event for the online store) with one-off/Best Selection SDs and Dcoord DDs that GL can participate in (we haven’t seen any of those dolls yet and probably won’t until then), which is the next major thing for members, so if you were interested in any of those you could buy a membership then.

EDIT: the October collection is live now.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_211009_DRESS10/

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 1

Jezrah

Got all the clothes on my list (limited to my budget) last night except for the kimono pad. That went fast and I didn't want to wait to see if it got restocked and potentially lose something else.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

nami

I got the clothes I wanted too but had so much trouble with the payment...! Neither PayPal or credit card worked, though my credit card worked on the Volks site just last month. Kept getting a system error on the site even after the site had calmed down from the initial rush! Was so worried that I wouldn't be able to get the clothes I wanted as they were already 'low stock'! Ended up having to immediately contact a friend with a Volks account to grab those clothes for me!

BeyondTime
29 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

Got all the clothes on my list (limited to my budget) last night except for the kimono pad.

They’ll probably have that one again the next time kimono are sold. A pad was included with the summer hakama too. I’m sure Volks USA will sell it in their lottery for this event as well. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

Volks USA is doing its Volks News free shipping campaign from today until Nov 19. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

magique

does anyone know how long these collections usually take to make it to Volks USA?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, magique said:

does anyone know how long these collections usually take to make it to Volks USA?

6 to 8 weeks, but it can vary a bit.

• Thanks 1