Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plasticyears

Chaotic adventures in resin eye making

plasticyears

Advice and tips welcome! 

I decided to start making my own resin eyes. I'm very new to this and don't have much of a clue, lol. I had trouble finding the kind of base I wanted to decided to sculpt my own and cast them using silicone to make moulds. I've since found some similar ones on Taobao so I'll probably try and buy those. Pictured are my own sculpted bases, primed, and the moulds I made. 

spacer.png

I drew up some halloween themed eye designs. These shapes aren't perfect and probably need some tweaking to fit. Surprisingly most of the detail actually came through! 

spacer.png

And my first attempt at eyes! I tried two different ways of making these, which is why they look different. I'd really appreciate tips on how people polish resin - as you can see, they're cloudy and dull, which I think is because I haven't done anything to them yet? They have surprisingly few bubbles but a few rough bits :c also need better paper for printing on but I'll get that when my skills improve a little. ^^; 

spacer.png

• Like 3

moerunamida

Oh, that looks fun! I always wanted to try my hand at making eyes. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

plasticyears
12 hours ago, Deyja said:

Oh, that looks fun! I always wanted to try my hand at making eyes. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

thanks! <3 I still have a long way to go 🤣

• Like 1