Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MaleficentMrsofEvil

Angel Philia lower torsos and thighs compatabilty?

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I managed to scoop up an AP F-type lower torso in "whitey" (heh) and heel feet, but all F-type thighs in "whitey" were sold out. I saw that C-type thighs in the vinyl color I want are available on Faith-Z. Are these compatible? Would it look too strange trying to use different thighs and torsos? Any AP collectors willing to swap out thighs and post pictures?

Edited by MaleficentMrsofEvil

Testament

Unfortunately I don't own F-type lower torso 😕

• Thanks 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

baldylox

Sorry but the AP girls and parts aren't my forte.  :)  The best man for this question is @K-2 , he's a wizard when it comes to AP parts and fitments.  Maybe he will see this and help out.

Billy

• Thanks 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

That_Dollfie_Dude

ooh, interesting pick up!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

Officially, only thighs and torsos of the same type are compatible unless otherwise noted, but different combinations might “work” in practice. Maybe @K-2 can shed more light on this?

Type-C thighs:

https://quarantotto.biz/angelphilia/外皮パーツ-type-c-フトモモ-ホワイティ(彩色済み)-3-1179.html

■互換性のある外皮パーツ:下胴/Type-C
[Compatible parts: Torso/Type-C]

Type-F torso:

https://quarantotto.biz/angelphilia/外皮ボディパーツ type-f 下胴(彩色済み)-1392.html

互換性のある外皮パーツ:上胴/Type-F、フトモモ/Type-F   ※Obitsu50フレームサイズ
[Compatible parts: Bust/Type-F, Thighs/Type-F *Obitsu50 frame size]

*The above are for the normal casts, not the Soft Skin casts, but the same applies.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

@ragnamuffin  that's what I was thinking 🤔 - they have the same measurements. I just don't want to drop $50 USD (plus shipping) on a set, only to realize they don't work.

@K-2 help me, Obiwan Kenobi? You are my only hope?

ragnamuffin

@MaleficentMrsofEvil I don’t know if this is useful to you, but I asked Tommy (the guy who runs Quarantotto/Angelphilia) about the differences between the Type-C and Type-F bodies (because the Type-F torso and thighs looked slimmer despite the bust being larger) and he told me that Type-C was the skinniest body of all the available types, so I ordered Type-C torso and thighs recently thinking they would just be blushed versions of the Obitsu 48/50 parts. Not so! The torso and thighs are significantly larger and will not fit into the Obitsu bust, so you will need a compatible Angelphilia bust as well if you don’t already have one.

• Thanks 1

K-2

Thighs, thighs, thighs.

Last week I tried to order the 5 piece Bone-In Thighs Combo at the Wing Stop counter but they said they only take Thigh Stop orders online. What's up with that?

However, on the subject of vinyl thighs and other parts, I would refer you to the MADh Vinyl "bust" chart (in serious need of updating!).

http://madhvinyl.com/Posts/333/MVBustChart02.jpg

As well as showing most of the available busts it also shows the unmolested Yamato VMF50 body types A through G, the AP "Type C" body series, C1 through C6, and the first Type H body (and a few odds and ends).

While I haven't tried every 48/50cm bust/torso/thigh combination, there is not a significant difference in the size and structure of most of these parts. The Type H parts are the exception to this. Much of the "incompatibility" associated with various bust/torso/thigh combos has more to do with how the parts "look" together and not how they "fit" together. Also it is common for many AP torsos to be "buckled" in the center of the back in order to fit into a smaller bottom bust opening.

Range of motion is another "incompatibility" issue. As you can see on the chart some torsos (notably A, B, D, F) have higher leg openings in the front and will allow legs to swing farther forward. The lower front openings on the G, C, and H bodies is for aesthetic reasons; to reduce the gap between the torso and thigh at the expense of range of motion.

If anyone has a specific bust/torso/thigh combo they wish to see, I'll see about putting it together and posting pics (provided I have the parts). My responses these days aren't as immediate as they used to be due to advanced age, longer work hours, and a couple of very demanding Smart Dolls.

After 18 months laid off from work due to the pandemic, I returned to the job in mid August and it's kicking my butt. I'm wondering how I found time to do all the stuff I used to do!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MVSig.jpg

BeyondTime
24 minutes ago, K-2 said:

However, on the subject of vinyl thighs and other parts, I would refer you to the MADh Vinyl "bust" chart (in serious need of updating!).

http://madhvinyl.com/Posts/333/MVBustChart02.jpg

Someone should show that lineup to Chitose once it’s updated. 😆

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Mmm, now I'm hungry for chicken wings.

Thanks, @K-2 but I waited too long, and now they're sold out. Le sigh. Another website to stalk...

Editing to add: I got'em! FaithZ must restock pretty frequently!

Edited by MaleficentMrsofEvil

MaleficentMrsofEvil

OK, I'm back! @K-2, when you have a moment (or when anyone has a moment) - the openings in the F-type Angel Philia thighs are HUGE. Where are the hip connectors supposed to fit inside the thighs? At the top? Towards the bottom? 

K-2
On 11/10/2021 at 5:45 PM, MaleficentMrsofEvil said:

OK, I'm back! @K-2, when you have a moment (or when anyone has a moment) - the openings in the F-type Angel Philia thighs are HUGE. Where are the hip connectors supposed to fit inside the thighs? At the top? Towards the bottom? 

I am not sure what you mean by "openings" on the thigh. Are you talking about the slot at the top where the connection to the hip/pelvis part is? Or...?

MVSig.jpg

MaleficentMrsofEvil
23 hours ago, K-2 said:

I am not sure what you mean by "openings" on the thigh. Are you talking about the slot at the top where the connection to the hip/pelvis part is? Or...?

Yes. The thighs seem like they're made for a bigger doll? They're at least a cm longer than the 50cm thighs I have. They just fit if I connect the hips to the pelvis at the bottom of the opening, but they don't stay very well. 

K-2

All Parabox variants in the "50cm" class skeletons aside (40cm-47cm), there are two thigh and shin lengths, those for the 50cm and smaller ones for the 48cm.

Thighs01.jpg

There will be minor variations in length due to the type of thigh and the age of the part. With all the heating and cooling cycles the molds go through the mold sizes have changed slightly over time. You might want to verify the lengths of the thighs in question as the shorter ones in fact might be those of a 48cm and not a 50cm.

The oval hole in the "hip ball" is about the same size for both 48cms and 50cms since they use the same internal skeleton joint part.

If you're having problems with hip joints connecting to pelvis parts you might be having an issue with the vinyl around the opening in the torso preventing a complete connection. Check out this article in the MADh Vinyl Lab for more details:

https://www.dolldreaming.com/topic/18493-the-madh-vinyl-laboratory/?do=findComment&comment=254925

Also, leg to pelvis connections can be notoriously difficult to push together. Some people with limited arm strength have reported some success by laying a folded up towel on the floor, placing the doll (with both legs in place) on its side on the towel, and then pushing down on the top of the leg at the hip joint to push the joints together.

• Thanks 1

MVSig.jpg