Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

That_Dollfie_Dude

Volks Lotteries for Online Store 2nd Anniversary Fair

That_Dollfie_Dude

Looks like Volks is going to be holding some lotteries, mostly accessible to Global members, in celebration of the 2nd anniversary of their online store. 

Here's the link!

They say that details will be forthcoming for what exactly the dolls will look like.  Looks like some rare opportunities for some Super Dollfie One Off models!  On the vinyl side, they do say that there will be a D'COORD lottery!  I'll be keeping an eye out.

• Like 2

BeyondTime

I’ve added the D’Coord lottery to the calendar, and I will update the events with links to their pages when they go live. Some of the local adjusted times threw me a bit, but then I realized that Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 am on the 7th, and the forum is correcting for that.

The times I put down for the second anniversary gift are a guess since they didn’t provide the hours. I just assume the gift will sync with the other events. 

It’s interesting that the first lucky dip is GL / VIP. I would have figured GL to be ranked with VS membership.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

That_Dollfie_Dude

Perhaps it's because this is a celebration of the online store, and so the global member who are (aside from an occasional vacation to Japan) only able to purchase dolls through the online store are given a bit higher priority than usual.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Perhaps it's because this is a celebration of the online store, and so the global member who are (aside from an occasional vacation to Japan) only able to purchase dolls through the online store are given a bit higher priority than usual.

Perhaps, international customers may be a big part of the web store’s success.

I believe with VIP there is an established expectation that they will have access to items that no one else does. This event an indication that GL members sometimes get things that VS members don’t. GL costs less than VS, so I’d have expected it to be the lowest tier for all events as a question of fairness to other members. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

The SD one-offs are up, so hopefully we'll be able to see the D'coords soon as well.

• Like 1

MichelleAK
6 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

The SD one-offs are up, so hopefully we'll be able to see the D'coords soon as well.

Oh good, I'm not tempted by any of the SD one-offs (only the SD17 tan Shiro Tachibana would tempt me), so I can concentrate on the D'coords. The preview pic shows a boy (but that may just be from the recent release of DD boys). I'm hoping there will be one or two boys included. I'm guessing that if they have boys they will get a lot of lottery entries, so harder to win. I'll still try for any DD boys that may be available, no matter how long a shot.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Cain is kind of tempting, but Elsa is potentially too close. 

monkeypizzasonic
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Cain is kind of tempting, but Elsa is potentially too close. 

GIVE US A TIME VOLKS

BeyondTime
19 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

GIVE US A TIME VOLKS

Well, Winter is likely at this point, since they did did say please wait a short time and Elsa is not exactly a Spring sort of girl.

monkeypizzasonic
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Well, Winter is likely at this point, since they did did say please wait a short time and Elsa is not exactly a Spring sort of girl, 

I hope sooooo, it would be nice to not have to second guess every big doll purchase I wanna make because of the icy shadow of Elsa looming in the distance.

yin8012

I doubt Elsa will come out this year with their current progress...

By the way can anyone give me a quick idea - is D'COORD basically like the SDM cooridinate model but for vinyl dolls and not limited just in one size? Thank you.

That_Dollfie_Dude

D’COORD can come in any body size and skin tone.  They will come with special D’COORD exclusive outfits, usually either a school uniform or a Doll Point staff uniform.

• Thanks 1

Irulazuli

Didn't they say Frozen girls were supposed to come winter 2020 in the original annoucement? But yeah, I don't expect Elsa yet - I think DearSD girls will come first.

Fortunately none of the one-offs really caught my eye. I think it'll be just Y'shtola for me this year.

BeyondTime
22 minutes ago, Irulazuli said:

Didn't they say Frozen girls were supposed to come winter 2020 in the original annoucement?

They’ve never given a timeline for release. 

22 minutes ago, Irulazuli said:

But yeah, I don't expect Elsa yet - I think DearSD girls will come first.

That is a possibility, the younger girls could release first. I think it would be unusual for four dolls from the same series to drop at once, but we don’t know anything about how these girls will be released. AFAIK this is the only time Volks has basically run a development blog for a release, and they’re running sites in both Japan and the US. Something seems to be different about this one

SakuraSylph
7 hours ago, yin8012 said:

is D'COORD basically like the SDM cooridinate model but for vinyl dolls and not limited just in one size?

Yep, that's it.  For vinyl->resin analogue services that Volks offers, D'Coord is like SDM coordinate models but open to a variety of sizes and colors as you said, and Dream Choice is like the FCS except you get to take the result home with you that day.

Regarding the lotteries, it looks like we can see this batch SD One-Offs now. I'm safe from these particular ones since sundresses aren't my personal style, but I'm looking forward to VolksUSA's holiday one-offs next month for another batch to look at. It's too bad that SDCute rarely makes the one-offs, as that body type is so underrepresented in general. The Renee catgirl I got a few years back uses that body, and I find I like it more than MSD/SDM which is the same size.

Edited by SakuraSylph
  • Thanks 1

SakuraSylph

monkeypizzasonic
On 10/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, Irulazuli said:

Didn't they say Frozen girls were supposed to come winter 2020 in the original annoucement? But yeah, I don't expect Elsa yet - I think DearSD girls will come first.

I'm pretty sure they said the order was gonna be Elsa - Anna - DSD in the announcements. And the last teaser was purely Elsa related. So I'm not so sure. 

Sd best selection is also up. I realized if they ever drop a Renee I might be in trouble, but I'm safe for now...although I haven't seen the d'coord yet. 

monkeypizzasonic

Oh...I might have to enter for the DDH21 and DDH26...or will Volks USA have one too? Should I wait and see if they have tan DDH26 because that would be perfect...

On the other hand, it's not like I'm gonna win all of them, so might as well enter.

Victoria
3 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Oh...I might have to enter for the DDH21 and DDH26...or will Volks USA have one too? Should I wait and see if they have tan DDH26 because that would be perfect...

On the other hand, it's not like I'm gonna win all of them, so might as well enter.

Be careful, last time there were a LOT of winners. 😄 It's not unlikely that you will end up with multiples imho if it is the same as last year.

Edited by Victoria

TomatoCultivator

Hehe….I’m in trouble.  DDH-26 is very tempting.  Trying to figure out if its actually the sculpt/faceup I’m drawn to (ideal scenario), just the coordination (silver eyes cool) or if its just an available option for the DDB I always wanted. DDH-26 will blow out the rest of this year’s fun budget if I win.  Also want to try for the outfit/wig lucky bags (that sweet, sweet gamble).  Dang those ‘need-to-live’ end of year expenses.

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, Monty said:

Good luck to anyone after the 24!

That is a beautiful doll. 

That_Dollfie_Dude
20 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That is a beautiful doll. 

She’s lovely!  I might have to roll the dice on her and see what happens.  She has such a whimsical expression. <3

MichelleAK

I really want the DDH-26 boy. I believe they do multiples for the D'coords, but I don't have any idea how many of each. I was lucky last time I applied in the online D'coord lottery. Maybe my luck will still be with me. 

The DDH-16 is nice, too, but I think the 26 looks more mature, which is my preference. I'm trying to decide whether to go for both; it's possible I could end up with both of them, which I wouldn't want, but I don't want to lose out on getting a boy at all.  And I could probably sell the 16 for what I paid if I do end up with both. 

ETA: Actually, I just noticed that the DDH-16 is a Sister boy, which isn't what I want. So I'll just go all in on the DDH-26 and cross my fingers.

If the DDH-21 was not on the mochi ashi body, I'd probably try for her, too. But I prefer the standard MDD shape. And I really like the DDH-11, but I'm not looking to add any more large girls right now. 

Edited by MichelleAK

Wasabi

All of the D'coords are really cute, but I am glad I am not in love with any of them. The DDH-26 comes closest, but I'd prefer him in Tan. Also Y'shtola basically took all of my budget.

No D'coords that stole my heart. I don't plan to get into resin any time soon. I can live without the lucky dip bags. My wallet is SAFE.