Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

That_Dollfie_Dude

Volks Lotteries for Online Store 2nd Anniversary Fair

mk13

It's lovely to see so many elf eared D'coords!

Has Volks done the lucky dip bags before? I'm mainly curious about the wigs one. Are there any pictures from people showing what they actually got?

BeyondTime
31 minutes ago, mk13 said:

Has Volks done the lucky dip bags before? I'm mainly curious about the wigs one.

They did the clothes last year, and the wigs have been done a few times now. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
3 hours ago, mk13 said:

It's lovely to see so many elf eared D'coords!

Has Volks done the lucky dip bags before? I'm mainly curious about the wigs one. Are there any pictures from people showing what they actually got?

Here’s mine from last year. The DD wig bag was sold out though so mine is an SD

Regarding the dolls, that 24 head is simply beautiful. The 11 is really nice too. The face ups really suit the elf ears. 

• Thanks 1

Misuka

This d'coord selection is 'dangerous' - they're all super pretty.

Jezrah

Ack the 21 and 26 are both on my wishlist, and they even have the right skin tones and bodies too. I do want a 16 on a DDSB, but in tan rather than SWS. Probably can't go for both 21 and 26 though so likely I will be a competitor for the 26.

Edited by Jezrah

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

abs2891

I’m safe, but only because the doll size or skin tone isn’t what I’m looking for so I’ll wait - lovely dolls for whoever wins them 

• Like 1

Geck_O

Is there any reason not to apply for multiples? Like if you win two will you get banned from the store for only paying for one of them?

toughstermcg

Submitting a lottery entry is a commitment to purchase the doll if you win, yeah. I'm not sure if you'll be banned from the webstore for flaking out just once, but I wouldn't take that chance.

BeyondTime
54 minutes ago, Geck_O said:

Is there any reason not to apply for multiples? Like if you win two will you get banned from the store for only paying for one of them?

You can make one entry per doll per person, so you can enter for two different dolls, but you have to buy every item you win. 

The Volks philosophy seems to be you can buy one of a new item, and if you want a second you go to the end of the line and start again. This way everyone gets a chance. In in-person events they have additional steps they take to make the line fair. They don’t like people breaking the system by gaming it and in so doing denying others their fair chance. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Geck_O
27 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You can make one entry per doll per person, so you can enter for two different dolls, but you have to buy every item you win.  

Oh okay that makes sense! Thanks everyone for your replies, I guess this makes it easier to choose which one to apply for!

That_Dollfie_Dude
49 minutes ago, Geck_O said:

I guess this makes it easier to choose which one to apply for!

Which one will that be?

Geck_O
14 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Which one will that be?

The DDS 11, I already have a DD and a DDB 16 so I'm looking to diversify my crew a little. Plus I love her soft shy expression and that she's an elf!

That_Dollfie_Dude
2 minutes ago, Geck_O said:

The DDS 11

Oh, very nice!  Good luck!  😄

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Geck_O said:

Oh okay that makes sense! Thanks everyone for your replies, I guess this makes it easier to choose which one to apply for!

One other note: 

Volks Japan generally requires a credit card for lotteries, and they will authorize the transaction when you enter for a doll. You can’t cancel the lottery entry and resultant winning purchase(s) through the Volks portal. If you did an end-run around them and canceled it through the bank, then I would expect Volks would terminate your account in response. If you lose the lottery Volks cancels the transaction. 

• Thanks 1

Victoria
56 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

One other note: 

Volks Japan generally requires a credit card for lotteries, and they will authorize the transaction when you enter for a doll. You can’t cancel the lottery entry and resultant winning purchase(s) through the Volks portal. If you did an end-run around them and canceled it through the bank, then I would expect Volks would terminate your account in response. If you lose the lottery Volks cancels the transaction. 

Not this time, I think, as they mention a payment deadline on the page. Seems to be the same as the D'coord last year. 

Still CC-only which is really sad. ;-;

Veravey

How do the ears work? Will they be selling any on-demand in either the JP or US shops?

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

TomatoCultivator

It looks like they are the same as those introduced in the recent Dream Choice update.  Seems to be magnetic to stay stable based upon the installation image on the Dream Choice site and it does say ‘磁石 / magnet’ in the DC description.  It would be neat if they did sell separately via the shops!

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Victoria said:

Not this time, I think, as they mention a payment deadline on the page. Seems to be the same as the D'coord last year.

They do stipulate a payment request email for this one, but this is atypical for lotteries. Maybe because D’Coords aren’t the same thing as colabs they aren’t worrying about scalpers putting in hundreds of entries and only paying for a fraction of their wins.

nami

The lottery has begun! Decided to enter for the DDH-26 boy. So nervous as it's my first time entering a Volks lottery. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by nami
  • Like 3

kalisha

All the dolls are pretty but im waiting for kaito so no lottery for me this year. Last year i won the h11 i tan skin and i love her.

la_

I had an awful month (I fell down the stairs and broke some bones, then my cat got really sick a few days later, ON my birthday but we're both recovering now!) so I was a bit excessive with this to treat myself. I bought a bunch of lucky bags, and I might try to get another MSD/SD16 bag in the next round. I LOVE everything I got in last year's lucky bags so I'm more excited about these than I am about the doll lottery. 

I entered for the tan MDD mochi-ashi, but I forgot shipping is currently DHL so now I'm dreading the shipping fee. I haven't had to ship a doll since EMS became unavailable. I hope Japan Post is able to reinstate EMS to Canada soon because DHL gets so expensive so quickly when you have a large box, and they lost my last Volks order. 🙄

That_Dollfie_Dude
1 hour ago, la_ said:

I bought a bunch of lucky bags

I could never seem to find a time when the website would let me in before they were all sold out.  >_<

At least with the lotteries we have a week to enter so traffic should not be an issue, although I'm thinking that I'll hold out on this one.  It's looking likely that Japan is going to be opening up next year so I'd rather save funds for Dream Choice, and finally get my tan DDP

la_
20 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

I could never seem to find a time when the website would let me in before they were all sold out.  >_<

At least with the lotteries we have a week to enter so traffic should not be an issue, although I'm thinking that I'll hold out on this one.  It's looking likely that Japan is going to be opening up next year so I'd rather save funds for Dream Choice, and finally get my tan DDP

The nice thing about breaking my legs is that I have nothing better to do than refresh the site obsessively. 😂 I kept getting kicked during checkout, which is always annoying. I miss how the old site would lock items the cart for a few hours so you could just log back in once it was stable to pay. I always lose access between the CC security page and the order confirmation page nowadays. 

Dream Choice is a lot of fun! I hope you're able to get your girl soon! 

MichelleAK

I only entered for the DDH-26 boy.  I was tempted by the DDH-11 DDS elf, but I had to have a tooth extracted this past Friday, so I had to limit myself to the one I really want.  If I don't get him, I may try to get Kaito. I just really want a DD boy. 😄

Monty
8 hours ago, la_ said:

I entered for the tan MDD mochi-ashi, but I forgot shipping is currently DHL so now I'm dreading the shipping fee. I haven't had to ship a doll since EMS became unavailable. I hope Japan Post is able to reinstate EMS to Canada soon because DHL gets so expensive so quickly when you have a large box, and they lost my last Volks order. 🙄

I don’t know if things are different to when you last ordered or just different for Canada but Volks seems to have gotten a good deal with DHL because their shipping prices have been almost exactly the same as EMS for me (to Australia), even for large dolls. Maybe the difference is a couple hundred yen or so.

Good luck to people entering, hopefully they have a few of each model to go around like the last time there was a dcoord lottery online.