Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
polarbearqueen

Hello everybody!

polarbearqueen

Hi everybody! It's nice to meet you! I'm interested in vinyl dolls, but I don't actually have any yet. I like vocaloid, so I want to get some of the crypton collab dollfies someday (especially Luka <3). I was thinking about trying to do a custom to make one of the non-crypton vocaloids, but I'm a bit intimidated by the idea of doing a full faceup so I was also thinking about just getting one of the standard dollfies and changing their wig/ making them some new clothes. Or maybe I should just save my money for when Kaito comes out. I was also thinking about getting an obitsu since they seem a bit cheaper. Anyways, I made an account because I love to chat about things and I want to live vicariously through others until I can get a doll of my one!

• Like 3

Hiruma

Welcome, @polarbearqueen! I also love vocaloids and recently got my Snow Miku as my entry point into the world of Dolls. I'm saving up for Luka and maybe also Meiko... and Rin... and... I'll stop here. 

Kaito would be a great option as well! Looking forward to what you will end up choosing!  

moerunamida

Hey, welcome to our lovely group! Going to try to save you a lot of heartache right now by you saying you'd get an obitsu because they are cheaper: don't settle. If you settle at least in this hobby, you'll end up disappointed. I've always wanted to learn to sew, and that seems intimidating to me 😄 I also want to get a practice head and try my hand at face ups. If you have any questions about something specific, reach out. There are a lot of friendly people here that will be more than happy to help :)

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

polarbearqueen

That makes sense! Maybe it's better to just save up and get what I actually want instead of settling and being upset down the line. I love sewing! I think it would be fun to start making doll clothes because they take less space than people clothes and I can make way more in cool designs!

• Like 1

moerunamida
37 minutes ago, polarbearqueen said:

That makes sense! Maybe it's better to just save up and get what I actually want instead of settling and being upset down the line. I love sewing! I think it would be fun to start making doll clothes because they take less space than people clothes and I can make way more in cool designs!

I certainly hope you share your clothing for your dolls when you make them! We love photos here 😄

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Xiongmao

Welcome. I bought my first Dollfie last year (DDdy Towa). I came across Dollfies as I wanted a Miku doll. I'd heard of Smart Dolls because of Danny but I'd never heard of Dollfies before.

I don't regret buying Towa - as a standard model she was a lot cheaper than Miku or the other licensed dolls. She does actually have a Miku wig which she wears quite a lot because Miku is her idol.

Also Dollfies are god tier dolls. I showed Towa to my sister in law the other day. She has an etsy clothes store and couple of Blythes and was absolutely blown away by how stunning Towa is in real life. I am sure she will be saving up for one now!

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.