Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Vickie386

Hello Dolly Friends!

Vickie386

Hi everyone!

I joined back in October but never really introduced myself.

I've been collecting dolls for quite a long time but kind of just 'discovered' vinyl dolls this past year.  It started with a video from a YouTuber I follow who also collects lots of different types of dolls. She uploaded a video about her Smart Dolls. I was like, "What the heck is this? They're pretty, but I'd never pay that much for a vinyl doll!"  Whoa!  

Now I have a bunch of Smart Dolls, and I ordered my first Volks doll a couple of months ago - iDOLM@STER Million Live! Nanao Yuriko. I love her!  I'm waiting on a Mochi-Ashi body from Volks that was just shipped and a head for her from NiyaMia on Etsy.  I need help. 🤪  It's kind of embarrassing.  Most of my dolls are in my bedroom and, while my husband doesn't give me a hard time, he does think I'm a bit obsessed. 

I haven't posted any photos here.  I'm a terrible photographer and they rarely ever look all that great. I hope to work on that.  I have uploaded quite a few pics to my Instagram account.  

Anyway, hope everyone who's celebrating something this time of year has a great one!  

- Vickie

Edited by Vickie386
  • Like 4

ChrisFhey

Hello Vickie, I believe we've had the pleasure of running into each other in the MDD thread before. 🙂

Welcome to the board! I hope you'll enjoy your stay with us.

54 minutes ago, Vickie386 said:

I was like, "What the heck is this? They're pretty, but I'd never pay that much for a vinyl doll!"

Yes, that's how we all start out at some point, and before you know it we have... well... a couple dolls. Just ask @baldylox 😄

55 minutes ago, Vickie386 said:

Most of my dolls are in my bedroom and, while my husband doesn't give me a hard time, he does think I'm a bit obsessed.

Just find something he's obsessed about and use it against him if he ever brings up the dolls. Problem solved. 👌

55 minutes ago, Vickie386 said:

I'm a terrible photographer and they rarely ever look all that great.

You'll get some nice shots if you keep trying. We all have to start somewhere. :3
That being said, we'll all happily look at candid snapshots of your dolls!

• Like 2

battrastard
3 hours ago, Vickie386 said:

I haven't posted any photos here.  I'm a terrible photographer and they rarely ever look all that great. I hope to work on that.  I have uploaded quite a few pics to my Instagram account.  

Practice always works! I've been doing this for just 10 years, and you should've seen my first pics!! 

(actually, I'm on Flickr, I'm rattbastard.)

Glad to see you here! Post up your Kiddos! 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

baldylox
5 hours ago, ChrisFhey said:

Yes, that's how we all start out at some point, and before you know it we have... well... a couple dolls. Just ask @baldylox 😄

Hey!  I resemble that remark!  😉 

It's true tho, once you have one, you'll want more.  They start talking to you and asking for more than clothing and shoes.  They like having sisters to play with and hang out with.  Then they want little sisters to dote on and spoil.  And then THEY need friends.  Then you need an apartment complex to house them all.  😄 

Billy

• Haha 4

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Xiongmao

Welcome to the forum. I actually nearly bought Yuriko last year but settled on basic Dollfie Towa because I thought I'd rather get a basic model and then buy the outfits so she could cosplay as her favourite characters. I might still pick up Yuriko as she's still available and the other Dollfies I want are super expensive.

And to second the above comment, they ABSOLUTELY DO WANT SISTERS!!!

Maybe brothers/boyfriends too, but Dollfie boys are really rare.

How much do they want sisters? My Towa made me buy an outfit for her sister that we don't yet own!

We're still looking for our dream sister, but this week we got a little sidetracked and ended up buying 3 Azone girls.

• Haha 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Vickie386
6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Welcome to the forum. I actually nearly bought Yuriko last year but settled on basic Dollfie Towa because I thought I'd rather get a basic model and then buy the outfits so she could cosplay as her favourite characters. I might still pick up Yuriko as she's still available and the other Dollfies I want are super expensive.

And to second the above comment, they ABSOLUTELY DO WANT SISTERS!!!

Maybe brothers/boyfriends too, but Dollfie boys are really rare.

How much do they want sisters? My Towa made me buy an outfit for her sister that we don't yet own!

We're still looking for our dream sister, but this week we got a little sidetracked and ended up buying 3 Azone girls.

It's nice to join doll communities and forums like Dollfie Dreaming.  Lets me know I'm not the only crazy doll person out there!  I want Ryugu Rena.  I love her cute little face. But I want a Super Dollfie too.  My wallet wants none of it.  @onion4@

• Like 1