Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
chef_mai

What DD color matches with Obitsu white?

chef_mai

If I were to get a DD head, what color would match up better against Obitsu white, DD "fresh" or semi-white?

A forum search seems to indicate the former, but I want to double-check given what I'll say next.

To complicate things a bit further, when I did buy an Obitsu-L (white) bust to test out, the color of that bust was a bit different from the color on both Azone bodies I own. It was noticeably more "peachy" in color.

Tierparkzone

In lightness of skin tone, Obitsu whitey is somewhere between Volks flesh and semi-white, but it seems to be a bit closer to flesh.

However, the issue is not really the lightness, but the color tone itself. Whitey tends a bit more towards yellow while flesh and semi-white tend more towards pink. It really depends on the current lighting, if one tone appears as the better fit or the other. I'd say, go with flesh, but your mileage may vary.

6 hours ago, chef_mai said:

To complicate things a bit further, when I did buy an Obitsu-L (white) bust to test out, the color of that bust was a bit different from the color on both Azone bodies I own. It was noticeably more "peachy" in color.

There can always be some variance in color between vinyl batches. But with Obitsu <-> Azo2 I'm not so sure. I remember seeing parts for both next to each other in the Azone store and they were fairly different colors. Could it be, that Azone is using their own (separate) color formula for the Azo2s? I don't know.

• Like 1

hellFlower

imo, Obitsu Whitey matches Volks Flesh way better than Semi-White does. Semi-White is noticeably pinker and lighter than Whitey is, the difference between Flesh and Whitey is much smaller, especially ever since Obitsu changed their vinyl formula.

8 hours ago, chef_mai said:

I might be wrong here, but I suspect that the Azone bodies are using the old vinyl formula, and the new bust uses the new one. The new formula is definitely more peachy than the old (or perhaps not more peachy, but it doesn't go yellow like the old formula did). Not the best comparison, but I do have a photo of old and new Whitey, Flesh and Semi-White. Hand is the old formula, leg is the new.

51796771173_e20a12c6e1_b.jpg

Just tried to get a better comparison of the new formula and Flesh:

51795739657_c0db5c60ba_b.jpg

Flesh is slightly pinker, but other than that, they're both very similar.

Also something to note about Flesh, I've noticed that new Flesh can be pretty aggressively red. My Ryuuguu Rena was an entirely different colour from my other Flesh DDs but has since mellowed out to be about the same colour. So don't be alarmed if the head doesn't match at first!

• Like 1

chef_mai

Thanks for the info! I'll most likely be sticking to Flesh/Fresh based on this info. That's a pretty interesting observation that the fresh (pun intended) vinyl can mellow out in what looks to be a 1 year time interval.

BeyondTime
On 1/3/2022 at 1:41 PM, chef_mai said:

That's a pretty interesting observation that the fresh (pun intended) vinyl can mellow out in what looks to be a 1 year time interval.

Unless your dolls have an insanely strict skin care regimen like some of my iDOLM@STERS do. 😆

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction