Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lina

What are your doll goals for 2022?

hikikohooni

Plans are pretty tentative… depends on my mood!

- continuously save for either a tan Dream Choice Mochi gal or Miku

- cry about your plans as a new adult

- amass more DD supplies in preparation for either of those two

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
8 hours ago, MewMewMadness said:

continuously save for either a tan Dream Choice Mochi gal or Miku

You could get a tan Miku 😎

• Like 1

battrastard
9 hours ago, MewMewMadness said:

- cry about your plans as a new adult

Not to leave a mess in your Cheerios, but, I cry about my plans as an "old" adult! @onion16@@onion27@

Just stick to what you're planning, and do the best you can, It does work out, maybe just not as fast as you want... 

(it'll be worth it, though, trust me)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Mainframe110

Hm, this is the first start of a new year since my long hiatus, and I started it off with a bang by ordering 2 resin dolls and a doll body! (Had to make up for the past 5 years somehow hah!) I also want to finish the doll head I'm making, but I'm not sure what "finishing" it means... like if I'm going to get it casted or not. So I guess my goal is also to figure out what I'm going to do with it once I'm finished sculpting!

Otherwise I want to be more apart of the hobby, and also potentially meetups (pandemic permitting). That's one of the parts I missed most during my break from the hobby- showing off my dolls to others, getting to see how creative and artistic other people are, and just generally making new friends!

• Like 2

Xiongmao

Thanks for the link about the Dollfie body sizes. I'll certainly bear them in mind if I look for a Chii dress. I think actually Chii would be better suited for a Super Dollfie. For Towa we're seriously considering getting her a Re:Zero Rem or Ram outfit. There's a seller called WanWuTown on AliExpress - has anyone used them (here). I think it will fit DDdy but if not it will do for her sister. The major issue here is Towa simply cannot decide whether she wants to cosplay as Rem or Ram 😭.

As for getting another Dollfie, I guess there might be another lottery in April/May so I'll enter that if there is one. Lotteries are fun.

I am still hoping to get another Dollfie but at the moment I've gone back to my Lego obsession. I'm currently building the Millennium Falcon so that's going to take up most of my hobby time for the forseeable future.

As for dolls I guess there should be new Dollfies in April/May but there's also the chance of getting a tan girl via a proxy. I still dream of revisiting Japan but I don't reckon the coast will be clear for another 12 months at least. We Brits have kind of given up on the whole covid thing, but I hate the idea of having to wear a mask all the time in Japan (especially given there's not much evidence they work).

Oh and Towa's currently wearing her default popcorn blue wig with her pink/white chinoiserie dress. Pink and white really look good together.

We had a minor shopping haul of some excellent sneakers from AliExpress, an OKish belt and a crappy choker.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

As for getting another Dollfie, I guess there might be another lottery in April/May so I'll enter that if there is one. Lotteries are fun.

Possibly Kaito at the Spring Dolpa. Most likely the big focus will be the Anna / Elsa Super Dollfie. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

potpourii

My goals are to:

Add fewer dolls this year than last year.

Continuously improve on faceups & photography.

Get enough bodies for floating heads.

I think the first goal might be the hardest xD

Edited by potpourii
  • Like 1

Tasuke
On 2/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, Xiongmao said:

Pink and white really look good together.

i've always certainly felt so myself...

Mikuru_-_Minmay_1-3-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?wid

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

moerunamida

Well, I made it a month before breaking one of my goals. Back to the beginning! -shame shame shame-

• Haha 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Keijogirl

I’m not looking for new dolls this year. I’m focusing on face ups, clothes, shoes, accessories and photo shoots for the girls that are already at home. Even some of my resin dolls and AP girls. 

i really want to get my doll centered insta up and running regularly this year.

• Like 3

At Home: Kiyo, Hikaru , Nikko, Komaki, Miho, Kana-chan, Tamakits, Illya, Misa, Deku, Nao, Zana, Ciri, Aki, Alisa, Kana, Yuka, Kiki, Komaki (Oni Mode), Ai, Chili, NagisaDDh03Erica, Miyabi, Jun,  Haruka, Sasha, and Laila

Saving for: Accessories! Clothes! Shoes! The Works!

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Mandie said:

Well, I made it a month before breaking one of my goals. Back to the beginning! -shame shame shame-

Mine’s not working out too great either. The struggle is real! 😂

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 3

moerunamida
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

Mine’s not working out too great either. The struggle is real! 😂

Ha, but tomorrow is a new day and new hope lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ragnamuffin
22 minutes ago, Mandie said:

Ha, but tomorrow is a new day and new hope lol

I like the optimism 😄

• Haha 2

mayaiincho

Hm... probably get another one of my grail dolls and buy a full silicone doll body for Alsty 😛 (at 600$+, it's kinda pricy >.<)

• Like 1

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

MagicalRozen
On 1/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, MagicalRozen said:

My goals are:

• Get a DDS for my new Saber coming in
  • Sell my Saber Extra fullset
  • Get a DDP for Reina
  • Send Lana off for a faceup to match the style of the new Saber I am getting in
  • Sell my 09 heads, my 01 head and DDIII body
  • Get Moriko a custom faceup
  • Get or make new outfits for all my girls
  • Get new wigs and eyes for most of my girls.
  • Hunt for Beatrice, or get a custom done of her.
  • Hunt for Ryomou head
  • Hunt for Mariko or Sasara head for Umi.
  • Begin work on my very special custom
  • Celebrate being in the hobby 9 years
  • Make more doll friends

Most of these are lofty ambitions but it would be very nice to accomplish most of these tasks or at least get them started.

Let's see... I've accomplished some of these goals. I added some new ones, dropped some old ones, and feel pretty good about how this year is going. Still on the fence about selling some stuff or getting some new stuff in but on the whole I'm happy.

• Like 1

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, And Others That May Come And Go.

moerunamida
1 hour ago, MagicalRozen said:

Let's see... I've accomplished some of these goals. I added some new ones, dropped some old ones, and feel pretty good about how this year is going. Still on the fence about selling some stuff or getting some new stuff in but on the whole I'm happy.

Have to say, I love your signature! I like your ideal of a list. I'm going to swipe that just for goals in the year in general and doll related <3

• Like 1

MagicalRozen
18 minutes ago, Mandie said:

Have to say, I love your signature! I like your ideal of a list. I'm going to swipe that just for goals in the year in general and doll related <3

Awe thank you so much! <3 I have found that lists are so helpful in seeing what you have accomplished and what you still have left to accomplish! In my experience it makes me feel so much more satisfied!

• Like 1

Silent
On 1/15/2022 at 6:42 PM, Silent said:

To buy or make veeery looooooong elvish ears (bestly in vinyl or silicone or anything soft and dye-able) plus strong mini-magnets (for ears and maybe even horns) for now.

Done.

Right now raising money for joints from Dolfun! site (knees and pelvis).

Also am trying to figure out how to order or which proxy should I use since they dont ship to my country.

• Like 1

Roserolls

I'm quite late to this but:

-find a good pink bob for my DD

-make tiny fake nails for her as well

-get a ring light for photos and learn to edit

-make clothes (I have a whole pile of old clothes and fabrics and ideas for the clothes, but I kinda hate sewing and only do it in short bursts)

-find a good pattern to make doll shoes myself

-decide on an official name for my DD Miko (I can't decide between keeping her as Miko or calling her Momo instead)

• Like 1

TolfyTheWolfy

Mine would probably be to obtain a few more Dollfie Dreams, (ideally a DDS or an MDD), complete a few full dolls etc etc

• Like 1

MagicalRozen
On 1/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, MagicalRozen said:

My goals are:

• Get a DDS for my new Saber coming in
  • Sell my Saber Extra fullest
  • Get a DDP for Reina
  • Send Lana off for a faceup to match the style of the new Saber I am getting in
  • Sell my 09 heads, my 01 head and DDIII body
  • Get Moriko a custom faceup
  • Get or make new outfits for all my girls
  • Get new wigs and eyes for most of my girls.
  • Hunt for Beatrice, or get a custom done of her.
  • Hunt for Ryomou head
  • Hunt for Sasara head
  • Begin work on my very special custom
  • Celebrate being in the hobby 9 years
  • Make more doll friends

Most of these are lofty ambitions but it would be very nice to accomplish most of these tasks or at least get them started.

So, we are about halfway through the year and I am so happy with my progress! I was able to sell some things, buy a Ryomou, and set up my first ever in-person doll meet. Now all that's left is clothes shopping, adopting out 3 of my girls, and doing some serious custom work!

Edited by MagicalRozen
  • Like 3

TolfyTheWolfy
20 hours ago, TolfyTheWolfy said:

Mine would probably be to obtain a few more Dollfie Dreams, (ideally a DDS or an MDD), complete a few full dolls etc etc

oh right i forgot to mention, CLOTHES SHOPPING!! my poor 3 girls have been laying around naked for months...

• Like 1

Chiakisenpai

I'd love to:

• Expand on my props for DD and get better acquainted with indoor shoots
  • Add more clothes to my collection for my new MDD and Miku!
  • Also I really hope to score Anthy and add her to my collection 
  • Like 1

Xiongmao

I've entered the Volks lottery again. We missed out last time but Towa's hoping for success this time - not least because it's for a boy doll :classic_blush:.

Coincidentally a grail doll has appeared and we're waiting on confirmation of that order. It will be a nervous golden week waiting for confirmation of that. I took the opportunity to order a couple of Pureneemos at the same time, and also a couple of Dollfie outfits that may or may not fit Towa but they should fit the new girl.

Before all this happened I was making plans to buy a new standard Dollfie model (orange hair/green eye Karin or the black haired Candy/Future/Mirai - whatever her name actually is). I might put this on hold while the above is resolved.

I'd still love a tan girl but visiting Japan appears non-feasible this year so that would involve proxy complications etc. etc. There's always next year.

Oh and we'll order AliExpress sneakers for the new girl/boy as the pair Towa has are great.

Finally it's vaguely doll-related but we now have a 3D printer. I'd love some suggestions as to what to make. So far we've made a Dollfie-sized headband, a coat hanger, Chii hair things and a hand gun (non-firing, lol).

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.