Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ohnoaiwa

fixing squeaky joints?

ohnoaiwa

I have a mama chapp doll that has ridiculously squeaky leg joints. I'm kind of at a loss on how to fix it. What would be a good method to fix it? 🥺

Pit

I have the same issue right now with one of my girls. Her left shoulder joint is squeaky and hard as hell, and not only that. Her elbow is too hard to move as well. My girl is using the f3 body frame so i know the screwdriver is a divine tool to fix the hard movement with the shoulder BUT the elbow is another story because the hard part is the one without screws. For the squeaking I was planning to use some kind of oil or lubricant but Im very scared it could damage, yellow/discolor or loose the joints permanently.

Any suggestions, oh beautiful community, on how to fix this?

Tierparkzone
23 hours ago, Pit said:

Any suggestions, oh beautiful community, on how to fix this?

For squeaky joints (or ones that are hard to move and not adjustable), I use this stuff https://www.marutsu.co.jp/pc/i/1259341/.To my knowledge this is the same grease that's used by Culture Japan to lubricate the Smart Doll joints and I have successfully used it on both SmDs an DDs without issues. It's a lithium soap based grease, so any similar product that's locally available to you will likely do the trick.

Just  remember: The tiniest dab will go a long way. We don't want the joints to end up being too loose.

Pit
2 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

It's a lithium soap based grease, so any similar product that's locally available to you will likely do the trick.

Ty for the reply, Tier! 

is that grease similar to the one used for machinery or even door hinges? 

Tierparkzone
3 hours ago, Pit said:

is that grease similar to the one used for machinery or even door hinges? 

Yes, it's an all-round grease - you could definitely use it for stuff like that. But not any machinery grease is necessarily a good fit for doll joints.

If you look for something that says it's lithium based or outright called lithium grease, that's probably your safest bet.

• Thanks 1