Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Vit4minW4ter

Angell Studio Cancellation

Vit4minW4ter

Hey guys can I cancel my Angell studio order or do they not accept cancels? Thanks!

chef_mai

This is best resolved by contacting the store itself, but generally speaking, many stores in this hobby are very strict about cancellations and do not work like Amazon where cancellations are easy and free.

Be sure you want something before ordering, or you may be barred from ordering from them in the future.

monkeypizzasonic

It would be better to go through with the purchase and resell the doll elsewhere if you want to order from them in the future.

Misuka

Cancelling will also get you blacklisted from the company.

Yumeiro
30 minutes ago, Misuka said:

Cancelling will also get you blacklisted from the company.

Is that true?

Misuka
22 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

Is that true?

For most doll companies, yes. I will add that I am not entirely sure about this one exactly, but most doll companies work under this rule. It is considered rude to cancel later on, especially when production has started. Volks also mentions this as well in their TOS.

Monty

Remember most BJD companies make dolls to order. This is why they typically make you pay up front. If it’s immediately after the order was made and they hadn’t started on it yet, it would be a minor annoyance but not the worst and a cancellation may be doable (might put you on their ‘annoying customer’ list) - but if they’ve already made or half made your doll (if a doll was what you ordered) it would be incredibly rude and thoughtless to suddenly tell them to stop (-definitely- put you on their annoying customer list if not banning you outright) Keep in mind they may even have a zero refund policy.

Like others have said it would be better to just sell the doll after you get it if you have buyers remorse.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, Monty said:

Remember most BJD companies make dolls to order.

That’s been my experience with Iplehouse and CP/Fairyworks. I can order any doll in their standard catalog, but it’s 60 - 90 days for production. Iplehouse allows a deposit, but cancelation rules are strict. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Yumeiro

Hm.
I only know of SmartDoll that actually ban you. (Well, Volks too, if you count the lottery section).
Cancelling tends to not be possible after you've paid, but being banned as well... Never heard of it.

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

Cancelling tends to not be possible after you've paid, but being banned as well... Never heard of it.

If you pay a deposit and fail to pay the rest, it would effectively cancel your order. You can't view their FAQ without an account, but the layaway terms at Iplehouse state that if you fail to pay a layaway doll off they will deny any future layaway requests. The also spell out reasons like the cost of storing the unclaimed doll and the difficulty of selling them. The sales mechanism allows for 4 skin options, 4 bust options, 6 bodies with sub-variants, and often multiple faceups. I can see how they could wait years for a buyer to come along with your exact criteria, and by then the doll might yellow.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Yumeiro
56 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

if you fail to pay a layaway doll off they will deny any future layaway requests

But you'd still be allowed to shop from them..?

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, Yumeiro said:

But you'd still be allowed to shop from them..?

Yes, it seems like the only thing they take away is your ability to do layaway. 

• Like 1

Riesz

Also in general it might be better to ask questions regarding resin dolls on a resin-dedicated forum like Den of Angels.

• Like 1

Yumeiro
On 2/18/2022 at 1:02 AM, BeyondTime said:

Yes, it seems like the only thing they take away is your ability to do layaway. 

Am I nitpicky if I say that sounds more of a restriction than a ban?
(Albeit "banned from making further layaways", but that's not part of the claim)

On 2/18/2022 at 1:30 AM, Riesz said:

Also in general it might be better to ask questions regarding resin dolls on a resin-dedicated forum like Den of Angels.

Indeed
But I still think that it's common decency to not spread misinformation

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Yumeiro said:

Am I nitpicky if I say that sounds more of a restriction than a ban?

It’s a denial of a specific service as opposed to closure of your account. 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:30 PM, Riesz said:

Well, people are welcome to ask questions in the Resin BJD section, but they will likely find more info on a resin dedicated forum. 

marishade

I have never cancelled a doll but the information I see when I usually make a purchase is that you can't. I have never bought from Angel Studios either but usually they list somewhere on their site or during the purchase process rules about cancelation.

Not being able to cancel a doll is sometimes why you see someone selling their layaway or their pre-order before the doll arrives (on Instagram).

BeyondTime
40 minutes ago, marishade said:

I have never bought from Angel Studios either but usually they list somewhere on their site or during the purchase process rules about cancelation.

I found this on their website on the page for one of their limited dolls:

Dolls of Angell Studio are hand-made by order, manufacturing process
starts once full payment is received. As each doll is customized and
product is unique, neither change nor cancellation will be accepted.
Refund is restricted and only 60% of your total payment can be returned
after you cancel the order.

--

It sounds a bit contradictory with “no cancelation” but then talk of refunds. 

• Like 2