The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MagicalRozen

Picture Request: 03 head on a DDP and DDS?

MagicalRozen

Hello I am trying to see if my Yukino Standard Model v.2 head (an 03) would work on a DDP or DDS! I really do not like her on a DD, her head looks too small. Have not tried either a DDS or DDP, so I would like to see how this type of head looks on these bodies. Depending on how it looks I may end up selling or keeping her.

Thank you very much! <3

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, MagicalRozen said:

Hello I am trying to see if my Yukino Standard Model v.2 head (an 03) would work on a DDP or DDS!

I can’t compare Yukino for you, but I can tell you that my Kos-Mos head looks much better on a DDS than on a DD body. As far as I know Kos-Mos has one of the smallest heads to originally ship on a DDIII body. It’s too mature for a DDP, but just going down to DDS fixed the obvious scale issue I saw whenever I looked at her on a DD body.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MagicalRozen
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I can’t compare Yukino for you, but I can tell you that my Kos-Mos head looks much better on a DDS than on a DD body. As far as I know Kos-Mos has one of the smallest heads to originally ship on a DDIII body. It’s too mature for a DDP, but just going down to DDS fixed the obvious scale issue I saw whenever I looked at her on a DD body.

That is good to know! <3 

It really has been throwing me off lately, as all my girls look the correct scale except for her. Her head doesn't even sit on the bust piece right because it's so small. I have her all packed up, and I want to see if it's worth unpacking her and switching her body out or if I should just leave her packed and adopt her out to someone who would enjoy her more as is. I'm quite torn because she was my first girl, and a gift from my parents for Christmas years ago (I paid for half of her at the time), but I just do not love her the way she is now and she isn't fitting with my current collection as is. It's why I want to see if another body would work before adopting her out to someone else.

Khepra, Ginkgo, TamakiDelilah, HimikoRin, Ann, Sana, Kana, Robin, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, MagicalRozen said:

It really has been throwing me off lately, as all my girls look the correct scale except for her. Her head doesn't even sit on the bust piece right because it's so small.

I moved Kos-Mos to a small bust too. She has a pretty and petite face and she just fits small body small bust a lot better. It focuses more attention on her face imo.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

I searched the combo on Twitter and found these DDPs.

with DDS:

There’s a lot of 3 owners here so hopefully they can provide more pics  for you. 

• Like 1

MagicalRozen
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I searched the combo on Twitter and found these DDPs

Thank you so much! I am so not twitter savvy so this was extremely helpful! I think she would look much better on a DDS, DDP she looks kind of weird in my opinion like an adult head on a young body.

I still would like to see more 03 DDS pictures before making my decision though!

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, jadepixel said:

on DDS body:

You style your dolls so beautifully. Wonderful creative talent. She’s wearing stuff you made?

IMO she’s perfect on a DDS and not bad on a DDP. I think the choice of eyes in that DDP photo helps, because the head is a bit too big and mature, but the eyes give her a more youthful look.

If you don’t have a DDS, it’s a wonderful body. The slightly more petite look is really nice, and it’s got a rounder butt than a DD. The drawback is how clothing fits, but you can find clothing makers on Etsy who custom fit their stuff. I’ve ordered a lot of great stuff made specifically for DDS S-bust, because that’s like half my girls. XD

DDP is much worse for clothes fits and a lot of Volks clothing is cutesy pre-teen outfits made for the more childlike MDD

• Like 1

MagicalRozen
7 hours ago, jadepixel said:

DDH03 on DDP body:

ddh03-2282b.jpg

on DDS body:

leo_2012a.jpg

Ohy gosh that's perfect @jadepixel thank you so very much! Those pictures were extremely helpful! I think I'm going to try a DDS for her and if that doesn't click then she'll find a new home <3 Again thank you so much for the help! Your girls are gorgeous!

• Like 2

MagicalRozen
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

IMO she’s perfect on a DDS and not bad on a DDP. I think the choice of eyes in that DDP photo helps, because the head is a bit too big and mature, but the eyes give her a more youthful look.

If you don’t have a DDS, it’s a wonderful body. The slightly more petite look is really nice, and it’s got a rounder butt than a DD. The drawback is how clothing fits, but you can find clothing makers on Etsy who custom fit their stuff. I’ve ordered a lot of great stuff made specifically for DDS S-bust, because that’s like half my girls. XD

DDP is much worse for clothes fits and a lot of Volks clothing is cutesy pre-teen outfits made for the more childlike MDD

I think I'll be selling my DD body I have floating around and I'll start looking into getting a DDS for Yukino. Maybe someone will be up for a trade? I have have some floating heads I can throw in too haha. I honestly I love how the head fits on the body, without looking too childlike. I just have to come up with a character for her.

Thank you all so much for your help. I honestly appreciate it so much! <3

• Like 1

jadepixel
7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

You style your dolls so beautifully. Wonderful creative talent. She’s wearing stuff you made?

Thanks! These are both Volks outfits 😄

DDH03 was my first DD so I might be a bit biased but I think she looks good on just about any body type. Glad I could help!

• Like 2

BeyondTime
28 minutes ago, jadepixel said:

These are both Volks outfits

I knew the top one was Volks, but didn’t recognize the bottom one so I thought you might have made it. 

• Like 1

Cydril

My 03 is on a DDS body (small bust). I dont have very good photos but I think the combination works really well :)

For clothing, Ive found a lot of stuff made to fit Obitsu and Azone 50 fits well, but I dont know how it would work if you got a one of the larger bust pieces.

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

Edited by Cydril