Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Galvatim

Aeris Gainsborough from DDH-03

Galvatim

Yeah, cause I need more projects...

I don't play too many video games anymore, too tired after work, not enough time, whatever... But one of my favorites from back in my gaming days is Final Fantasy VII. And I don't have a DDH-03 or Yukino in my Dollfie family. I was pondering it, and though that the DDH-03 would fit Aeris pretty well. Yukino has a mature look, but a bit of wide eyed innocence as well. Very fitting of Aeris, I think.

The standard DDII body would work perfectly fine, Her eyes would most likely be the same as Aoi's current pair. The wig might be a challenge... Not overly concerned with getting her exact outfit from any of the games or movie, since I tend to change my girls' outfits on a regular basis.

Anyone have any thoughts?

baldylox

More projects?? You're right, you don't have enough on your plate.

I think using the 03 Yukino head is a GREAT idea for an Aeris! I never played the game but I had a friend who did and I enjoyed all the cutscenes from it.

I agree that the Yukino head is a great base for Aeris. The eye choice is good and as far as a wig goes, I am sure I have seen wigs in her color that had one big braid on the back. The bangs would be a bit hard to do but the pink bow she wears is easy enuff. Same with the pink dress set she wears most of the game. I think that could be duplicated without too much issue.

That's a really cool idea tho Galvatim, how long have you been thinking about this?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

Haha, this idea popped into my head a few days ago. Getting the wig right is the lynch pin for this Dollfie. If I find one with the right braid, I think I can style the bangs.

As for the outfit, it wouldn't be too hard. The red jacket thing she wears has those metal looking cuffs, might be a bit of a challenge, but I bet it can be done. I think I'd try to put together her Crisis Core (the PSP prequel game) outfit too, that one is even simplier.

Have you seen the sequel movie, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Baldylox? The story is a bit wonky, but the visuals are awesome! It's worth a rental at least, especailly the extended Blu-Ray version.

baldylox

Sounds like you have things planned out well so far. I hope you can make this work out because I really think it would be neat to see.

As for that movie you mention, I do own it on DVD. The visuals were awesome and Tifa looked great. But my favorite part was when Tifa was fighting some guy in a broken down church and his phone rings. His ringtone was the same as the old level up noise from the game! I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

I have never seen anything from Crisis Core but I don't own a PSP nor do I know anyone who does. Care to link us a picture of that outfit?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

Here's a link to the action figure (long sold out) on Hobby Search.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10078928

It's a simple summer dress type outfit, the lacy bits on the skirt could be added to an exsisting skirt...

I'd like to make a Tifa DDdy too! Not sure which head to use...

Super idea! She's a pretty nice character and the DDH-03 head would fit really well. At least that's what I think .

Galvatim
Super idea! She's a pretty nice character and the DDH-03 head would fit really well. At least that's what I think .

Thanks! It might be a while before I really get going on Aeris, but I'm excited to get started. I have to finish my other custom girl, Aya, first.

Thanks! It might be a while before I really get going on Aeris, but I'm excited to get started. I have to finish my other custom girl, Aya, first.

You're welcome and best wishes to you on your Aya and Aeris projects!

di-chan123

Cool idea, I was thinking of doing a Aeris cosplay with Harley, but the pink material I have is too shiny...oh well. I can't wait to see how this project will turn out.

Strife212

I'd be really interested to see this!

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

Galvatim
I'd be really interested to see this!

I still plan to put together Aeris, but not for a couple months. I think I found the right wig, which is, to me, the 'lynch pin' for Aeris. I want to see about putting together her outfits from the original game and Crisis Core, but it's not as important to me as her wig and face-up.

mitsuki
I think I found the right wig, which is, to me, the 'lynch pin' for Aeris. I want to see about putting together her outfits from the original game and Crisis Core, but it's not as important to me as her wig and face-up.

What wig did you find? I am glad you found something you like.

aeris

I love this idea! Ok I am a big fan of FFVII

I saw a really great DD aeris custom with a Saber Lily on flickr.

IMG_0448

Hope that helps

Home : Hitomi, Kaori, Lily, Natsuki, Kotori, Yui, Kagami, , Maya, Hana

Galvatim

IMG_0448

Hope that helps

Hehe, I'd have never guessed! I've seen Di-chan's Aeris custom, she did a great job!

I have a couple of wigs on the way, in our last Leeke World group order, that look like they should work for Aeris. I still have yet to get anything else to start this project. It kind of got put on hold, since I have another Dollfie on layaway.

yeahplayer

IMG_0448

Hope that helps

Hehe, I'd have never guessed! I've seen Di-chan's Aeris custom, she did a great job!

I have a couple of wigs on the way, in our last Leeke World group order, that look like they should work for Aeris. I still have yet to get anything else to start this project. It kind of got put on hold, since I have another Dollfie on layaway.

I'd love to see her if you ever get around to finishing her! I loved FFVII; I"m a huge Tifa fan though. She looks especially good in the Advent Children movie.

Galvatim

IMG_0448

Hope that helps

I'd love to see her if you ever get around to finishing her! I loved FFVII; I"m a huge Tifa fan though. She looks especially good in the Advent Children movie.

I'm hoping to get a head and have the face-up done early next year. Between Kanu and Saber, I've pushed this project back a bit. I'm also planning/hoping to get a DDIII body for her. I want to get at least one of her outfits done, but for me at least, it's the head/face-up, eyes and wig that make the character.

Speaking of Tifa, I'd like to do a DD based on her too, I just don't know which head. I saw a cool Tifa cosplay using Mari, but I don't want to turn my Mari into a different character. Maybe SQ Labs has a head that would work.

I think Yuffie might work as a DDH-04 with DDS body.

sozokureed

I would love to see this, I am a huge fan of FF7, good luck

Galvatim
I would love to see this, I am a huge fan of FF7, good luck

Thanks! I'm still planning to put Aeris together, but until sometime next year.

GothicKDM

I actually kept saying that my Neris looked like Aeris because she already has a little basket, and the brown hair in a braid with a large pink bow ~nods~

I would also love to see her when you work on her :3