Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

diastrefo

Sophia

diastrefo

A workspace for my lass Sophia; disgustingly over-financed heiress and, frankly, just a bit of a brat.

A character that exists in a larger world of mine, alongside a varied cast of characters. She'll make an introductory appearance in a writing one-shot, along with her full character bio, over on my Patreon - but I tend to keep my usual content & doll hobby quite separate, so I figured this is as good a repository for the latter as any.

The very first image of her that popped into my head was a vaguely 1940's-50's era silhouette, more specifically a fitted gown or top with a longer skirt, and a loose, blousy fur stole or some equivalent. The initial plan was to include opera gloves for the little historical touch, but I've discarded the idea for the time being - both because I feel like it'd be a pain and risk staining her doll, and also because I liked the idea of her hands being bare.

While I've played around a fair bit with her color palette, I've settled on white & pale peach/purple colors. Despite some of my current photos, her wig is truly more of a dark chestnut plum color, and I for some reason was enamored by the blend of earthy tones and more fantastical purple, despite not typically being fond of the violet family, and built her palette from there.

Also fur.

And then pearls... lots of pearls....

spacer.png

My first challenge with her right off the bat is her wig. While she has a very lovely wig of decent quality, due to the nature of it's build & the stiffness of the fibers, it floats in an almost Ghibli-esque way, much further from her face than her art. My current idea is to purchase the same wig again, and create a version of flatter lying hair, that harbors more of the pinned down and slicked back look I'm going for with her. Hard to tell from the rough art, but the front portion of her hair is pinned, pulled back behind her ears, with the rest falling over it, but still clinging quite close to her neck.

My current plan is to make a tight-fitting wig cap & harvest the fibers from the duplicate wig, most likely gluing wefts in set positions to create the illusion I'm going for. That will mean some limits in poses, in theory, but could be worth it for photo. I'd rather have her current wig, floaty as it is, as a back up - since I am quite fond of it, minor details aside.

The other challenge is her face up. The default makeup on Angel Philia girls is plenty charming, but her eyebrows are notably out of character - lending much more to an innocent or shy personality as opposed to her bratty confident, entitled one.

spacer.png

I'll readily admit I have zero practice with face ups, and absolutely no experience with vinyl. My assumption is I wouldn't be able to wipe just the brows off and redo them - and even if I could confidently do so, I am in no way confident I have a steady enough hand to paint on matching brows. Will this warrant a face up artist? I am not yet decided... because I'm really quite fond of her face as it is, and don't want to lose the charm, particularly her lips. (That said, my other AP lass that is on the way will be getting a wipe + new face up, so it's possible when the time comes, artist slots permitting, I just send both of them out for new paint.)

I have also struggled to find shoes that are exactly what I want for her, as everything I find that's suitable for her only ever seems to come in SD sizes. This may mean modifying the pair of shoes I've ordered for her (a simple pair of white pumps) or making something from scratch.

Then there's the challenge of her bust - I've already accepted much of her clothing will need to be sewn by hand to her specific proportions, but I welcome that challenge. The hardest part I believe will be finding the right fabric that drapes over her body.

• Like 5

ragnamuffin

I don’t have much to add other than that your artwork is amazing! 🤩

• Like 1

Angered-Icon
9 hours ago, diastrefo said:

A workspace for my lass Sophia; disgustingly over-financed heiress and, frankly, just a bit of a brat.

A character that exists in a larger world of mine, alongside a varied cast of characters. She'll make an introductory appearance in a writing one-shot, along with her full character bio, over on my Patreon - but I tend to keep my usual content & doll hobby quite separate, so I figured this is as good a repository for the latter as any.

The very first image of her that popped into my head was a vaguely 1940's-50's era silhouette, more specifically a fitted gown or top with a longer skirt, and a loose, blousy fur stole or some equivalent. The initial plan was to include opera gloves for the little historical touch, but I've discarded the idea for the time being - both because I feel like it'd be a pain and risk staining her doll, and also because I liked the idea of her hands being bare.

While I've played around a fair bit with her color palette, I've settled on white & pale peach/purple colors. Despite some of my current photos, her wig is truly more of a dark chestnut plum color, and I for some reason was enamored by the blend of earthy tones and more fantastical purple, despite not typically being fond of the violet family, and built her palette from there.

Also fur.

And then pearls... lots of pearls....

spacer.png

My first challenge with her right off the bat is her wig. While she has a very lovely wig of decent quality, due to the nature of it's build & the stiffness of the fibers, it floats in an almost Ghibli-esque way, much further from her face than her art. My current idea is to purchase the same wig again, and create a version of flatter lying hair, that harbors more of the pinned down and slicked back look I'm going for with her. Hard to tell from the rough art, but the front portion of her hair is pinned, pulled back behind her ears, with the rest falling over it, but still clinging quite close to her neck.

My current plan is to make a tight-fitting wig cap & harvest the fibers from the duplicate wig, most likely gluing wefts in set positions to create the illusion I'm going for. That will mean some limits in poses, in theory, but could be worth it for photo. I'd rather have her current wig, floaty as it is, as a back up - since I am quite fond of it, minor details aside.

The other challenge is her face up. The default makeup on Angel Philia girls is plenty charming, but her eyebrows are notably out of character - lending much more to an innocent or shy personality as opposed to her bratty confident, entitled one.

spacer.png

I'll readily admit I have zero practice with face ups, and absolutely no experience with vinyl. My assumption is I wouldn't be able to wipe just the brows off and redo them - and even if I could confidently do so, I am in no way confident I have a steady enough hand to paint on matching brows. Will this warrant a face up artist? I am not yet decided... because I'm really quite fond of her face as it is, and don't want to lose the charm, particularly her lips. (That said, my other AP lass that is on the way will be getting a wipe + new face up, so it's possible when the time comes, artist slots permitting, I just send both of them out for new paint.)

I have also struggled to find shoes that are exactly what I want for her, as everything I find that's suitable for her only ever seems to come in SD sizes. This may mean modifying the pair of shoes I've ordered for her (a simple pair of white pumps) or making something from scratch.

Then there's the challenge of her bust - I've already accepted much of her clothing will need to be sewn by hand to her specific proportions, but I welcome that challenge. The hardest part I believe will be finding the right fabric that drapes over her body.

I like where you are going with this. let me know how your sewing adventures go. I myself need to learn how to properly sew/tailor clothing for large busts in a way that compliments both the bust and the physique. Usually it's a trade off, fit the boobs but hide the body, or fit the body and look like a mess on the boobs.

looking forward to seeing how this goes. And I love your drawing btw!!

• Like 1

diastrefo
12 hours ago, Angered-Icon said:

I like where you are going with this. let me know how your sewing adventures go. I myself need to learn how to properly sew/tailor clothing for large busts in a way that compliments both the bust and the physique. Usually it's a trade off, fit the boobs but hide the body, or fit the body and look like a mess on the boobs.

looking forward to seeing how this goes. And I love your drawing btw!!

Hilariously enough, I purchased a cheap, elastic (at the bodice) nightgown to put something on her for modesty's sake while I figure out her clothes, and even with all that extra stretch it still doesn't sit right on her (H5 bust). I have a few outfits I've ordered to share between girls/harvest parts from, but first on my list is that slim fitting evening gown with the leg slit. With the fabric I have in mind, she may not be able to pose worth a damn once she's in it, but as long as it looks good I'll tolerate that.

& Thank you!

18 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I don’t have much to add other than that your artwork is amazing! 🤩

Thank you very much!

Angered-Icon
6 hours ago, diastrefo said:

and even with all that extra stretch it still doesn't sit right on her (H5 bust)

yeeeeep always the issue with extreme proportions. Even stretch isn't stretchy enough sometimes. It would need to be an exotic material like lycra or something with gooooooobs of 4way stretch. My girl has an H3 so I know the struggle will be very real. But when the proverbial sh8t hits the fan.. I would prefer to have the clothes fit the body and just have the breasts bustin' out! I mean, they're that big for a reason so..