Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Angered-Icon

Made some AP sized magazines

Angered-Icon

Mayumi showing a few sample prints of the latest magazine editions. She takes a read to catch up on Zeta-C giant boobs culture and news.

1565237828_BustyDollMagazinesB.JPG.e9cc47268834ee709687de21efec5167.JPG 

2060362408_BustyDollMagazineproofB.JPG.049a04925dcf3e7ca138f703a9eb545c.JPG

I ended up making a few of them considering Mayumi does intern for a media company. And because I'm connecting her with my fictional world, the magazines actually have readable cover to cover content that add to the lore of said world.

Making AP scaled stuff is interesting cause I see everyone call AP's 1:3 but they're actually a little more like 1:3.5, so I had to do some guess-timations for these books.

Here's my logic to get proper AP scale for the mags (and things in general.)

AP height:
48cm x 3 = 144cm (4'7") < waaaaay too short unless she's like 8 with that insane body......
48cm x 3.5 = 168cm (5'5") < much better, and seems to hold close-ish scale with other real world objects

Paper size:
Letter 8.5" x 11" scaled by 3.5 = 2.42" x 3.14"

Process:

Because I was making actual content I made use of an open source page layout editor called Scribus. Size the doc to the dimensions above ( or your preferred scale paper size) and create pages in multiples of 4 if you're doing spreads or multiples of 2 if you'll be gluing single pages. Export as single page images when done.

Spreads) rearrange to make spreads in proper order from outside to center (I do this irl so this part may be confusing, refer to an actual stapled magazine or my example below). You will need to do this twice so you can print one full page layout on the back of the other. Cut the pages out as 2 page spreads, fold and glue at the spine of each spread. Glue the center of the inner most spread to help keep it closed and flat. Trim edges and your done.
NOTE: Don't use too much glue just a teeny tiny bit. It will hold very well and you don't want to end up gluing pages together.
NOTE2: Don't put content too close to the edge as the inner pages will get cropped a tiny bit in the final step.

Single pages) A lot easier. Leave the cover as a spread cause it will be wrapping over. Put the odd pages on one layout, and even on the other - but in mirrored order. Cut the cover as a spread, then cut your individual pages. Glue them all together at the spine and wrap the cover spread over. Trim edges and your done.
NOTE: Don't put content too close to the edge as the inner pages will get cropped a tiny bit in the final step.

1521563937_pagelayout.png.e3902b0ad427a42daccbcd0296e59b07.png

If possible I recommend using the lightest(thinnest) possible double sided gloss paper. I was able to get inkjet 42lb double sided gloss from amazon which prints nice had had a good shine for the cover and pages. I think there may be even lighter gloss papers for color laser but I don't have safe access to test for my naughty werx lol.

Edited by Angered-Icon
Typos and additional info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Testament

Good job! (interesting covers XD)

Yes, they're 1:3.5 so everytime I buy a gun or accessories I must do some math to see if they'll fit. Mostly not XD.

I've done in the same way some yen banknotes and some Ofuda.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Angered-Icon

Honestly I think because if the weird scale, AP's would need custom made stuff specifically for AP's. Unfortunately this means $$. The irony in that is because of their insane body shape.... they're high maintenance!! Even dolls need rich partners/parents/friends, like wtf lmao XD!

Lol thank you on the covers. It was fun making them cause I got to be creative as well as do some world building. Next will be a few books to go on the shelf behind her but I don't think I'll put actual content in those. If anything probly just some Lorum Ipsum.

------------------------------

lmaooooo so after posting this I did a google search. Any AP girls or boys wanna be a fighter pilot? This person's RC plane is to AP scale XD!!

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTDdNq1OjGI&ab_channel=RCScaleAirplanes

Edited by Angered-Icon
extra info