Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

StormyWeather

flyaway hairs??

StormyWeather

spacer.png

My girlie Iris is having some hair problems - her gorgeous locks are all frizzy! How can i get them to lie plat without messing up the wig??

BeyondTime

Two items that may help. One is Volks "Angel Hairbrush." It's basically a toothbrush, but the tapered end lets you fix things that are out of place on more complex wigs, and the tiny brush head lets you get into places that are hard to reach without mussing other parts up.  The other is water wax, or some other wig safe hair sculpting product like Göt2b Ultra Glued. Used sparingly, these will help tame flyaways. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Hiruma

I highly recommend the Tangle Teezer with the treatment mist or wig oil spray from Volks. I usually spray either product on the tangle teezer and comb through Snow Miku's pigtails, which can get incredibly frizzy.

If you do use a spray, remember to either remove the wig before spraying or spray on a comb or teezer. Never spray towards Iris. Good luck! 

StormyWeather
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Two items that may help. One is Volks "Angel Hairbrush." It's basically a toothbrush, but the tapered end lets you fix things that are out of place on more complex wigs, and the tiny brush head lets you get into places that are hard to reach without mussing other parts up.  The other is water wax, or some other wig safe hair sculpting product like Göt2b Ultra Glued. Used sparingly, these will help tame flyaways. 

Thank you!! I'm also gonna have to brush her wig, so i might have to use the wax to get her waves back in order.

56 minutes ago, Hiruma said:

I highly recommend the Tangle Teezer with the treatment mist or wig oil spray from Volks. I usually spray either product on the tangle teezer and comb through Snow Miku's pigtails, which can get incredibly frizzy.

If you do use a spray, remember to either remove the wig before spraying or spray on a comb or teezer. Never spray towards Iris. Good luck! 

Oh god, i could never imagine trying to tame hair like Miku's. Also, thanks for the reminder- im the sort of person who'd forget to take off the wig and end up giving Iris a face full of hairspray

• Like 1

diastrefo

I know others have already chimed in, but another method I've heard of & one that potentially uses something you may already have on hand, is watered down/diluted school glue (like Elmer's). And then, with any tool you use, be it a toothbrush or a Tangle Teezer (I would suggest grabbing the latter off of Amazon, instead of Volks), start from the bottom of the hair fibers & work your way upwards towards the roots/headcap. Good luck!

Misuka

There is also a recipe with fabric softener at 1 part to 10 parts distilled water. I have not tested it but I have read about it. And yes, always remove the wig to spray - don't spray the doll.

moerunamida

Also going to recommend a metal slicker brush used for pets. Reduces static and frizz, but for defined curls definite water wax and a toothbrush.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

RyuichiSakuma13

My Miku's new Cotindoll wig was starting to do the "flyaway" thing, so I bought some "got2b Ultra Glued Invincible styling gel."  I applied it to her bangs to make her iconic peak, and added some to both of  her twintails.  So far, they are all holding really well, but the real test will be when I take her into the back yard for some pics.  Its been pretty windy here this spring, so fingers crossed. 🤞

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Clarification

RyuichiSakuma13

Okay, now I'm able to do a before and after gel pic.

Before gel.  I really had to work with Miku's hair to get the twintails to not fly around after posing her.

Miku in pink bondage pants

After gel.  I took the wig off her head and put gel on both twintails as well as on her bangs, and then let everything sit for a couple of hours, just to make sure that everything was dry before putting the wig back on her head.  I think her wig was a little bit crooked in the second pic.  Oops.

Miku in pink bondage pants

I hope this is helpful to anyone that has dolls with long hair and flyaways. 🙂

Ryu

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I've found the human sized Tangle Teaser is pretty good. We've ordered the DD sized one from Volks (yes I know it's also on Amazon but my girls insisted on buying one from Volks). It does however work much better on straight hair. Also be aware it can damage wigs like the default Miku one, so be really careful.

Going forward I think we'll stick to straight wigs. While curly wigs like the one in @StormyWeather's photo at the top of the topic are nice, they can be a nightmare of flyaways.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

RyuichiSakuma13
12 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I've found the human sized Tangle Teaser is pretty good. We've ordered the DD sized one from Volks (yes I know it's also on Amazon but my girls insisted on buying one from Volks). It does however work much better on straight hair. Also be aware it can damage wigs like the default Miku one, so be really careful.

Going forward I think we'll stick to straight wigs. While curly wigs like the one in @StormyWeather's photo at the top of the topic are nice, they can be a nightmare of flyaways.

I had bought a Tangle Teaser brush before Miku came home, so in that respect, I was ready for her twintails.  It really helped to make dealing with her hair easier, plus, I can use it on my BJDs wigs, so win-win.  And, tbh, I didn't think to order one from Amazon.  Oops.  

So far, the few BJDs that has curly hair i can't use the brush on, they are the type that need to be shaken into shape.  I'm thrilled that I can also use this wig on Noriko's second wig, and also on her Miku cosplay wig.  I no longer have to keep it braided.  YAY! 

I don't know if I'll ever get a wig that's super curly and long, especially since I really have no plans to get any more dolls, and all of my dolls have canon wigs that rarely get switched out, if ever.  Small house, no space for any more dolls.  Boo.

Ryu