Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
ateliervanilla

DDH06 Marin

ateliervanilla

I'll be posting here my progress with my custom Marin Kitagawa, from the show My Dress-Up Darling (DDH06 in flesh, on a DDSIII body).

I've worked on sculpts with more narrow eyeholes, but that's also because Marin was doing her typical "grin" and silly smile.

For my custom, I wanted her to look cuter. I've done multiple DDH09s and while it may be suitable, I was also curious with the DDH06 sculpt. I took the chance to get it from Volks USA before it went out of stock.

For her faceup, I actually got the inspiration from DDS Ram from Re: Zero with the subtle pink eyeliner. But of course I gave her a gentle smile. I was a little hesitant on whether I'd like to give her more "worried" eyebrows but I just left it slightly angled. I've known Marin to have a strong personality so I didn't want her to look "soft".

I'm currently waiting for her new wig and earrings. I couldn't find bjd neckties for 1/3 size anywhere (if you know any, please let me know! I'd be very thankful!), so I feel like making it myself at some point. I'm also considering giving her a manicure, but I didn't want to limit this doll to just Marin so I might get another pair of default hands for that. More to come!

PXL_20220408_053712087.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220407_235202849.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220407_235144364.jpg

• Like 8

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

ateliervanilla

Progress: her earrings arrived (thanks to KitNKat shop, I totally recommend them!), and I manicured her hands.

I managed to find some extra SWS hand parts that I thoroughly blushed to match the skin tone, and added colors using acrylic paint (I could have done the fake nails but I'm not confident yet).

PXL_20220408_195345379.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 4

ateliervanilla

Necktie + bag arrived. They're actually American Girl 18" accessories! I bit the bullet and tried if they'd scale well, and oddly enough it works the way I want them to. Marin's necktie is supposedly "loose", so this necktie is perfect for me. Bonus bag because it fits her glam (should've been a school bag but Volks doesn't have that in stock rn, plus I really like how this purse looks on my doll).

PXL_20220409_230045064.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 3

ragnamuffin
On 4/9/2022 at 5:30 AM, ateliervanilla said:

and added colors using acrylic paint (I could have done the fake nails but I'm not confident yet).

How did you paint her nails? I mean did you use any items or techniques to get an even finish on every nail, or was it more trial and error? I want to paint my doll’s nails but I’ve never done it before and I’m scared of messing it up.

ateliervanilla
On 4/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, ragnamuffin said:

How did you paint her nails? I mean did you use any items or techniques to get an even finish on every nail, or was it more trial and error? I want to paint my doll’s nails but I’ve never done it before and I’m scared of messing it up.

I just used acrylic paints like I would use them for faceup. I used the finest brush for the nail painting and topped off with gloss. I sprayed first with MSC so that if I make a mistake, I can just wipe the paint off and redo.

• Like 1

Maia

She looks really good! Where did you get the wig?

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
34 minutes ago, Maia said:

She looks really good! Where did you get the wig?

Thank you! It's a temporary wig right now though (because it's not long enough for Marin...). For that wig, it's a cream blonde from Leekeworld that I dyed pink on the ends. The new one that I'm getting is from DallasDollCo (will post photos once it arrives!).

• Like 1

ateliervanilla

She's definitely looking more of Marin right now. Just added her eyelashes and the custom eyes that I made for her.

Whew, people who put eyelashes on their dollfies are so skilled. I definitely lost my patience a bit there, considering how dry it is in AZ - the glue dries up before I could position these eyelashes properly!

Her wig is scheduled to arrive today, so I'll put her back together once she's complete!

PXL_20220411_171815873.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 1

StormyWeather

idk who this girl is, but her face is gorgeous!! It looks so polished i actually thought it was an official one, at first!

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
2 hours ago, StormyWeather said:

idk who this girl is, but her face is gorgeous!! It looks so polished i actually thought it was an official one, at first!

Thank you so much!

---

I finally got her wig and straightened it (might probably not dye it anymore so I can use the wig for other purposes). Thank you all for staying tuned to Marin's progress!

PXL_20220411_233906751.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 4

Anna-neko

wow, the eyelashes really brought her to life!

Will she eventually have her cosplay dress too?

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
17 minutes ago, Chise said:

wow, the eyelashes really brought her to life!

Will she eventually have her cosplay dress too?

hmm, I might probably pass on doing her other costumes. But I might consider depending on the complexity!

Pawjamas

Very cute! Very Marin 💞

• Thanks 1

Hachiihoney

I love Marin and thank you so much for sharing your journey to creating her~ 💖