Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Collie

Volks News #96

BeyondTime

Volks USA is having their free shipping campaign for Volks News #96.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

xmintpie

I got Volks News #96 because I already had to get a couple of things from Volks USA, and was flipping through when I noticed something interesting on page 106 (not sure if you're allowed to share pictures here). I had to use google translate since I can't read Japanese but it seemed to be about "Angel Dollfie 50th Anniversary Renewal" and mentioned that the "angel Dollfie" will be 22 cm (and maybe 13cm)? It even shows a picture of a prototype version of the dollfie and it looks really cute and small! I wonder if they are related to the Yumemiru Dollfie Cafe line in anyway

Instagram: xmintpie

ragnamuffin
9 minutes ago, xmintpie said:

I got Volks News #96 because I already had to get a couple of things from Volks USA, and was flipping through when I noticed something interesting on page 106 (not sure if you're allowed to share pictures here). I had to use google translate since I can't read Japanese but it seemed to be about "Angel Dollfie 50th Anniversary Renewal" and mentioned that the "angel Dollfie" will be 22 cm (and maybe 13cm)? It even shows a picture of a prototype version of the dollfie and it looks really cute and small! I wonder if they are related to the Yumemiru Dollfie Cafe line in anyway

I think you can post pics. Unless the mods say otherwise, please do. I’m interested too.

xmintpie

Okay, I'll post them for now then

Here is the original picture of it:

Spoiler

spacer.png

And here is what I managed to get with google translate (apologies if it appears blurry)

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
24 minutes ago, xmintpie said:

Okay, I'll post them for now then

Pretty sure this is a reference to their Tenshi line: https://denofangels.com/doawiki/index.php?title=Tenshi

They could be the inspiration for the new line of DD, but a YoSD sized doll would make more sense given the existing line of clothing. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

xmintpie
40 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Pretty sure this is a reference to their Tenshi line: https://denofangels.com/doawiki/index.php?title=Tenshi 

Oh okay thank you! I'm still pretty new to Volks so I was not familiar with the Tenshi line, they seem very interesting. 

Yeah I agree that a YoSD sized doll would make more sense and is what I am wishing for, but it would certainly be cool if they used these smaller sizes for a new line!

Monty

@xmintpie the SeiTenshi and ReiTenshi are a line of very small dollfies that are only available to get as bingo prizes during Dolpa events. They’ve been kind of unchanged this entire time, so part of the 50th anniversary of Volks was to give them a much needed makeover.(Their posing wasn’t great - the prototype photo even nods to this with the ‘check out how they can actually sit now!’ and their faceups a little dated-looking). They’ll be making their debut at the upcoming Dolpa.

They’re not related to the new YumeMiru line at all but they look pretty cute from the prototype sneak peak.

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 2

Wasabi

Some of the hometown Kyoto 19 after event items have caught my eye:

• The schoolgirl set
    I need at least one school uniform, right?
  • The Komachi Dress
    I have the Schoolgirl Hakama set, which is veeeeery similar, but this is cute too. I hope they will also release a the red version in the future.
  • The brown boots
    Very similar to previous brown boots, and I need them for the hakama sets!