Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Collie

Yumemiru ♡ Dollfie Café

Collie

As previously teased in Volks News #96, the new upcoming line of DDs now has their dedicated site! They'll be revealed at the Dolpa 19 in Kyoto on the 31st this month.

I wonder if they'll be YoSD or even OB11-sized or a new, weird intermediate size - in any case, I'm super excited!

Edited by Collie
Title Typo!

RetroKanojo

Oh, I'm excited to see what they will do! Do we have any other information on this new line yet? 

Collie
14 minutes ago, RetroKanojo said:

Oh, I'm excited to see what they will do! Do we have any other information on this new line yet? 

Sadly not. Here's a link to what was shown in Volks News #96 plus translation!

The sweets and café theme really makes me think of them being OB11-sized, I feel like whenever I see photos of Nendoroid dolls or others they're posed with food.

Edited by Collie

That_Dollfie_Dude

We don't even know if they are resin or vinyl.  But the artwork is already threatening my wallet!

Monty

Heads up, the title should be Yumemiru (literally ‘dreaming’), not Yumemiro.

(The ‘miru’ being in katakana rather than the usual hiragana, and the cafe motif, makes me wonder if it’s a pun on mirufiyu (milfeuille) or perhaps miruku (milk).)

I’m excited for the reveal.

• Thanks 1

Dolorre

Sounds interesting. If they're smaller than 40CM, I might just have to nab one.

ragnamuffin

I’ve had my eye on these munchkins since the latest Volks News dropped. I’m really hoping they’re YoDDs.

BeyondTime

One would hope that they will match one of the existing SD lines in size so there are clothing options. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

xmintpie

I really hope they are YoSD size, mainly because I already have some clothes in that size lol but a ob11 or some other small size would also be super cute!

Instagram: xmintpie

bananaaether

The art is incredibly cute, I'm excited to see what they reveal! I feel like maybe the banner art being chibi style might nod towards the new line being a smaller scale? Hmm maybe I'm thinking too hard...

CeliathePikachu

It seems they're either canceling the announcement or canceling the series itself, based off a rough translation ;n;

spacer.png

• Sad 3

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Monty

Ah I was looking forward to seeing them! ;-; I guess they needed fine-tuning, I hope they’ll end up showing them in December instead then. I hope it was just the planned Dolpa exhibition and not the entire line that was cancelled, the tweet seems almost intentionally vague and short to me, rather than the ‘image post of a lengthy and overly flowery written statement + bowing Koname pic’ I would expect from an announcement of total cancellation.

• Like 1

bananaaether

I'm having a hard time telling from the way it's written if it's just the announcement being canceled or the series entirely... "chuushi" makes it sound like it's just the announcement for now, which makes the most sense to me. It'd be a little odd to announce a series and come this close to previewing it, only to call the entire thing off, unless there's precedent for this I suppose.

• Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude
3 hours ago, bananaaether said:

I'm having a hard time telling from the way it's written if it's just the announcement being canceled or the series entirely.

It's the machine translation that makes it sound quite ambiguous, as it could be understood as the "cancellation of the announcement of the new dollfie series", OR as "the announcement of the cancellation of the new dollfie series."  Fortunately, the Japanese is clear - 発表の中止 means the cancellation of the announcement.  So it is not the series that is cancelled, but merely that the announcement / presentation at Hometown Dolpa 19 Kyoto that is cancelled.  We should expect this new series announcement to return at a later date, perhaps the next Dolpa.

• Like 4

RetroKanojo

As @That_Dollfie_Dude pointed out, I'm fairly certain it is merely the announcement of the series that was cancelled - or rather postponed ☺️ It's a shame, since we've all been quite curious about it, but good things take time. I'm sure Volks will fine-tune their product & presentation and show them off once they are ready.

Beani

Bit of a downer as I was looking forward to their announcement the most for Dollpa but oh well. This hobby really teaches you to be patient. Hopefully they will show up at the next one rather than in two years or something. 

Emil

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with next year presumably being the 20th anniversary of DD

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~